Potato peeler

CharlieD

You all know me, so this is not a blatant advertisement; I just wouldn’t do it and I just bought 10 of them for my self. The cheapest I found on line was like $5-6 bucks, this is dirt cheap, but you'll have to buy a bunch to get the benefit of the price, they kind of get you on the price of shipping. Here is the link:

http://kosherhouseware.com/kuripe.html

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've got a couple of those. I got them at one of the outlet stores in North Georgia. They work great. I've been wondering about the Titan Peeler they advertise on TV. Has anyone tried that one?

FryBoy

I have the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00020H30S/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=304485901&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00020H30I&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0SXQ2VHXHCPA9P0CM42V"]Messermeister Swivel Peeler[/ame], which, along with the Oxo, was top-rated by Cook's Illustrated in November 2007. Works extremely well, which is all I care about -- price be damned! And it's only $6.95 from Amazon.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a Oxo swivel peeler for years now. Work well and cheap as well as comfortable in your hand.

High Cheese

Saucier

chowhound

I've been thinking of a new peeler recently. The one I use now, which is probably a no-name that I've had forever, all of a sudden keeps clogging up with potato peels.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Charlie, are you selling any of the 10 you bought?
If not this thread should be moved to the Tools of the trade forum.
I'll leave it here in the pay if forward / classified forums until we hear back from you on this.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We hardly peel the skin off of any vegetable anymore. We simply scrub the dirt off and go from there. None of our friends or family have ever even commented about mashed taters with the skins still on. Seems like lots of folks are doing the same once they learn about the valuable nutrients and fiber in potato skins.

chowhound

I love potato skins on anything but mashed. My mashed potatoes have to be smooth and white as the virgin snow. And I use the peeler on whole carrots, too. I like the texture of the carrot better than scraping it with a knife and my chickens like the peels :^)

FryBoy

Amazon has the Kuhn Rikon peeler, too. Price is $3.49, but if you buy 4, you pay for only 3; no tax and you get free shipping if you buy $25 worth of stuff. That gives you 12 of them for $31.41, delivered. The other site wants $38.83 for 12 delivered.

Of course, you might find some other items to get you over the $25 hump without having to buy a lifetime supply of peelers.

Here's the link:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Original-4-Inch-Peeler/dp/B000H7O3QS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1249485546&sr=8-1#productPromotions[/ame]

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I can't do the "Y" style. I'm always afraid of getting loosing too much skin and nails!

CharlieD

ups, sorry, i guess this is wrong forum. no i'm not selling any, i bougght that many so i can give them for presents. i have some from the last sale they had i got a bunch.
and i love them.