Saturday, 8/6/2011, Whats on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am really not sure what I will be making for dinner. I need some inspiration today. I really do want to make SilverSage's risotto (with mushrooms) and I have a craving for spinach. Well thats a start. LOL

What are your plans?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ok so I am thinking chicken (undecided how it will be prepared at the moment), mushroom risotto (I am going to try making it in the pressure cooker) and spinach. But plans can change at any time. LOL

Leni

I picked up a flat iron steak at Trader Joe's so I'll grill that tonight. The sides will probably be baked beans and a salad.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
if my Mom is by, she'll take me to get some food & i'll pick later on. i haven't made swordfish for awhile; i may make that

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Not even a clue. My freezer is full of good food, though, so I should be able to figure something out soon. Maybe some salmon.

Guts

after I get my yard work done and the pool cleaned I'm going to make something on the Bar-B-Q. I have boneless skinless chicken and I bought some thin, cut Chuck steaks that I may put some carny Asada seasoning on I've never tried this cut of beef for Carney Asada, but I think it's going to work out okay. Need to go to the local store and pick up some fresh tortillas. If I have time. I also bought some hamburger 85% lean, which I very rarely by hamburger. But I look like a good deal. So I may make burgers this weekend maybe tomorrow. whenever I make I'm going to have some corn casserole with it.

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14991

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Let's see if Vera recognizes these! She taught me how to make them.

(They're in the fridge waiting to be cooked).

Attachments

• arancini 015.jpg
    arancini 015.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 149

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
B/S chicken breast dredged in seasoned flour and pan fried in butter and EVOO, lemon pan gravy, frozen spinach and saffron mushroom risotto.

080611_saffron_rice_chicken_lemon_gravy.jpg

This was the first time I have made risotto and except for a bit too much saffron it was wonderful. I was inspired by SilverSage’s recipe. I didn’t use the wine (I used extra chicken stock in its place) and I added sautéed mushrooms at the end and I used FryBoy’s pressure cooker method.

Thank you SS and fryboy!!

Saffron Mushroom Risotto

080611_saffron_rice.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Nice risotto, Peeps! Yes, saffron can be a bit overpowering.

Well, since Vera didn't make it in time to guess my dinner, I'll just have to show the finished product.

arancini 016.jpg

Arancini!

arancini 026.jpg

The melty - cheesy - oozy inside!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Nice risotto, Peeps! Yes, saffron can be a bit overpowering.

Well, since Vera didn't make it in time to guess my dinner, I'll just have to show the finished product.

View attachment 13177

Arancini!

View attachment 13178

The melty - cheesy - oozy inside!
Thank you SS.

Your dinner looks awesome!! Is there a recipe somewhere on NCT? I have never made those before. They look wonderfull.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i went w/ simplistic tonite- polenta & leftover shiitakes/sundried tomato.
i'll snack my way thru the evening to supplement my skimpy dinner

Attachments

• IMG_0837211.jpg
    IMG_0837211.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 131

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Thank you SS.

Your dinner looks awesome!! Is there a recipe somewhere on NCT? I have never made those before. They look wonderfull.

Peeps, there really is no recipe. When I was at Red Gravy for Mardi Gras, Vera taught me how and had me make a pile of them for her. This is the first time I've done them at home. I don't have a recipe, but I blogged about the technique, though.

Last edited:

homecook

SS the arancini look fabulous! Peeps your dinner looks great.....the risotto is nice and creamy. Luvs your meal looks good.

I got home and decided I was still hungry.....made some quick fried flip steaks with mushrooms, onions and Swiss on a Hoagie roll with a side of zucchini fries.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 128

Embryodad

I had a London Broil Marinading for two days.
I cooked it to medium rare..sliced it thin, and after cooking and straining the hot marinade, I layered the slices in the marinade and covered it.
It cooked a tad bit more to Medium, and we ate.

No pics.. camera battery was out on the charger.

DW said it was too vinegary. Odd! I didn't use vinegar. I used Lemon as the acid.
I loved the taste. She's not a lempom person unless it is in lemonade with a pound of sugar. hahahahahahaha

Embryodad

Everyone elses food looks great.
luvs..I would imagine you like black peper?...LOL

homecook...now I'm hungry.

peep..stop it! It's just super great looking.

silver sage......you are another one. Please start your post by saying.."Jimmy, cover your eye's and don't LQQK at the ooze of cheese, abd the steam of vapors and delicacy!" ..... WHAT do you want me to do? Commit Food Gluttony...again and again and again??? LOL hahahahahahaha

Is there a recipe for that?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
SS the arancini look fabulous! Peeps your dinner looks great.....the risotto is nice and creamy. Luvs your meal looks good.

I got home and decided I was still hungry.....made some quick fried flip steaks with mushrooms, onions and Swiss on a Hoagie roll with a side of zucchini fries.

That looks awesome Barb!!!! I could go for a plate of that! Your zucchini fries interest me. I've been doing bell pepper fries, and LOVE them. Have you tried those?

Deelady

Oh I am dying SS!!! I have always wanted to make those!! Lovely!

I love corn casserole Guts! That looks great!

Very nice Peeps, pretty colors!

Barb, wanna share those fries?? Please pass the ranch! Yum!

Looks yummy Luvs, I've never had polenta.

homecook

Thanks Jimmy, Keltin and Dee! Keltin I've never tried bell pepper fries. Do you just use an egg wash and bread crumbs/panko? That's all I do with the zucchini. I also add some parm cheese to it.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Jimmy, Keltin and Dee! Keltin I've never tried bell pepper fries. Do you just use an egg wash and bread crumbs/panko? That's all I do with the zucchini. I also add some parm cheese to it.

I posted some pics here of doing it, but can't find them, sorry.

What I did was as you said, egg wash with milk, into flour, then fried.

Loved 'em! better than "real" fries. Hmmmmm.....need to make them again soon! :thumb:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, homecook. those zucchini fries look great. embryodad, i luv my pepper. oughta see me w/ garlic-
& thanks, dee! it's easy-peasy..... cornmeal/h2O/salt
SS, those look so gooey & delicious

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Peeps, Luvs and Barb!
OHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my!!
Karen, love the Milo avatar LOL
Too cute! :D

Sounds like everyone ate well today.
I had the beef and noodles at work, with carrots.
Not bad at all.

Embryodad

My little girl made awesome Zeppoli.

Actually Giada De Laurentiis Recipe from a couple years ago.

They were hot when she broughta thum ova.

fb91930e.jpg

874294ee.jpg

f674ee87.jpg

These were so light and airy.....I'm used to having them heavy and doughy.
These were amazing, and oh! 1...2....3...and they were all gone!
In the Tummy to make Fat & Funny..LOL

Norm

I have not cooked much in the last few days but today I made fried chicken two ways.

I cut up a chicken, cut the breast into boneless, skinless strips and the rest in fried chicken pieces, marinated all of it in water with salt, thyme and brown sugar, then in buttermilk, finally breaded the strips with panko, garlic powder, salt and pepper and a tiny bit of curry and fried them. I breaded the rest with flour and corn starch plus thyme and garlic powder.

DSCF3367.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I have not cooked much in the last few days but today I made fried chicken two ways.

I cut up a chicken, cut the breast into boneless, skinless strips and the rest in fried chicken pieces, marinated all of it in water with salt, thyme and brown sugar, then in buttermilk, finally breaded the strips with panko, garlic powder, salt and pepper and a tiny bit of curry and fried them. I breaded the rest with flour and corn starch plus thyme and garlic powder.

Norm, were they deep fried or pan fried?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

DSCF3367.jpg
MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!