1/2 small red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 tomato
1/2 carrot
1/2 lemon
1 cup white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped parsley

Place clams in a large bowl and wash very well under running water. Drain and place them back in the bowl.
Fill up a large pot with water and bring to a boil, then throw over the clams and let them sit until they open slightly.

Run each clam under running water to remove as much sand as possible.
Unopened clams are not to be eaten, so toss them away.

In a frying pan, over medium heat, place oil and chopped chorizos, let them sizzle for a short time, just to get the flavor out, add chopped onion, red pepper and garlic and sauté for few minutes until onion looks soft.
Add chopped tomato, and simmer. Cut the carrot, julienne.

In the large pot, add the sautéed vegetables, carrot, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and 1 cup of water.
Cover with a lid and simmer until liquid is reduced to half and vegetables fully cooked.

Add to the pot clams and wine, cover and simmer on medium about 10 minutes.

Do not over cook the clams. Like any seafood, clams cook very fast.
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with toast, pesto bread or simply fresh French bread.

BonAppetit.png

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmmmm. That sounds delicious, and nice photography too. I get fresh clams (dug on Fridays at Pine Island) every Saturday morning at the farmers market. Being a little lazy I wash them and steam them in their own juice. I save the juice for conch chowder and usually eat the clams with nothing added. I like your recipe though and will try it this weekend. Thanks for posting.

Cuisinette

Ah Buzz, I envy you... I would love to be near water to get fresh seafood. Let me know how you liked the dish.

Thank you Cooksie, I wish I could :cooking: for you.