Lets See Your Rack

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
So many cool racks.

Silver Save - The copper is gorgeous.

Barb - I really like the spice drawers. I also could shop in your pantry.

Lefty

Yank
This thread has got me thinking of my next house. When I buy my next house or build it, I will want to have a pantry right off the kitchen. It doesn't need to be huge, just have lots of shelves.

Deelady

I love this thread!! It is giving me some great organizing ideas!! and trust me I NEED them!!! LOL

Great racks you guys and gals!!

Chowder...wow, nice thinking outside the box!! But how many times have you had to chase cans or jars down those steps?? :huh::wink:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
SS - your racks are magnificent! Most of my friends are anal retentive - I keep hoping it will rub off!

Lefty

Yank
Yes, in my dream home I have a Huge walk in pantry with Lots of shelves.
I also want an 8 burner high heat gas stove with 2 ovens and a nice overhead vent. Could you imagine how quick I would be able to punch out a hilday dinner with that setup. 1 oven for the pies, 1 for the huge bird. No need to cook the pies ahead of time.

homecook

Lots of neat pics...........ChowderMan, that's pretty cool.

I would prefer to have my pantry off the kitchen but it's not an option. Fortunately I live in a tri-level so it's not too far from the kitchen.

homecook

I also want an 8 burner high heat gas stove with 2 ovens and a nice overhead vent. Could you imagine how quick I would be able to punch out a hilday dinner with that setup. 1 oven for the pies, 1 for the huge bird. No need to cook the pies ahead of time.

I lust after a kitchen like that :in_love:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I do have a pantry in the kitchen at home, but it has the original, 90 year old fixed shelves that are too deep and not the right height. It's on my long, long list of things I want to re-do.

I wish I had your woodworking skills, ChowderMan. Your spice shelves are so cool.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
barb where did you get your spice racks/drawers? what are they called if i google?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
What are you talking about woman?? You are VERY neat and orderly (at least as far as we can see ;) )
Behold - the power of photo editing! LOL Nah, I'm just selective about the pics I post. My pantry at home is a nightmare. It's filled with stuff, but I can never find anything!

homecook

barb where did you get your spice racks/drawers? what are they called if i google?

They're called "SpiceStack". I got them on line and if I remember right they're from Target/Amazon?? They were only available on line at the time.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes I looked up the name SpiceStack and they had them at Amazon.com among other places.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I do have a pantry in the kitchen at home, but it has the original, 90 year old fixed shelves that are too deep and not the right height. It's on my long, long list of things I want to re-do.

I wish I had your woodworking skills, ChowderMan. Your spice shelves are so cool.

I have the same problem you do FM but do have a good carpenter/contractor that will be doing our kitchen cabinets. I've showed him this at Lowe's and he said he could build it custom for about 1/3 the price of the one at Lowe's. The rest of the cabinets and counter top we will buy as those he can't/won't build. Though the picture is a cabinet he said my closet would work the same. This will also give me a place for my larger pots, appliances etc. My closet is 4.5' deep x 4' wide x 8' high.

Attachments

• Pantry Designs.jpg
    Pantry Designs.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 184

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That looks fantastic, Joe. I've never seen anything like it, but it would sure solve my problems! I'm cutting and saving this pic for future use - thank you.

Deelady

I was about to be sooo completely and uterly jealous Joe...I thought that was really yours!! That is sooo nice!
In my parents house growing up all of our cabinets had the pull out slide shelves and drawers, they were SO convenient! I miss them! :)

Last edited:

homecook

Terry, when I come to visit you we could knock that off in a weekend and still get the mosaic done. LOL :mrgreen:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Terry, when I come to visit you we could knock that off in a weekend and still get the mosaic done. LOL :mrgreen:
OMG - I'll bet we could! (I'm not sure the angles would be quite as precise as ChowderMan's, but the mosaic would be spectacular! What with all the liquid inspiration.)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That looks fantastic, Joe. I've never seen anything like it, but it would sure solve my problems! I'm cutting and saving this pic for future use - thank you.

I saw this cabinet while looking at cabinets at Lowe's. The cabinet sells for about $600 which I don't have room for but my contractor looked at it pretty carefully and said it wouldn't cost much to build it into my existing closet at all. He guessed about $200 labor plus lumber which won't require much really.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>chase cans or jars down those steps??

actually, not often - usually just on a fumble fingered put away [g]

had I my druthers, I'd make it an additional 1/2 "deep" - the mayo jar (visible) is "just on the edge" . . .
I like because it is simply not possible to "bury" anything. I can quickly "scan the shelf" for missing staples.

I did take the precaution of tilting the bottom "out" from the wall when I mounted it - the normal household vibrations thencewith cause cans/etc to shimmy back against the wall vs. "walking off the shelf"

my next project is a spice cabinet - at the end of our countertop I've got about 8" to a doorway. the plan is to do a "one deep" cabinet - I've got a left over matching door & a piece of (solid surface) countertop - wide as the countertop is deep and floor to counter height. we got good lighting in the kitchen but I'm thinking to put in a door operated light switch and glass shelves. right now my spices are in a "drawer rack" - cute, works, but insufficient storage . . .

I love the pyramid copper stack - I don't shine mine so it resides under the cooktop. but I did put in a wire shelf to hold the lids.