Helluva Good Horseradish Hummus

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
DELICIOUS!

Served it last night at Girl's Friday Night Cocktail Night with some pretzel chips.

There were only three of us last night, and we almost polished off the whole container of hummus!

Excellent as is, but if you like it even hotter, add Bookbinder's Horseradish. :blob_blue:

Lee

Attachments

• Hummus and pretzel chips.JPG
    Hummus and pretzel chips.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 283
  • Hummus close.JPG
    Hummus close.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 244

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Ooooooh now, I just happen to have a can of garbanzo's in the pantry, a fresh can of tahini, some Colavita olive oil AND prepared horseradish from my fall harvest. This could be interesting.

Thank you Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I love those types of pretzels for dipping and have seen the line of
Helluva Good products.

Guess who's gonna stock up on goodies?? LOL

Johnny West

I've not noticed these products in the NW but will look when I get back on my feet. I could make my own, I'd think.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Inspired by Andy and John, I made my own horseradish hummus this past Friday night.

I followed my favorite Frugal Gourmet's easy recipe and just added 3 T. Bookbinder's horseradish. The recipe makes a LOT (double what's in the photo), so 3 T. isn't enough. Next time I'll try 5, maybe 6 tablespoons.

I also added at least 1 teas. of salt.

Delicious hummus! It doesn't need the olive oil drizzled on top.

Frugal Gourmet's "Hommus"

2 16 oz. cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
1/2 cup tahini
Juice from 1 lemon
2 (or 3) cloves garlic, crushed
2 T. olive oil (optional for garnish)
Chopped parsley for garnish

Lee's notes: Add 1 teas. or so of salt. Flavor with horseradish, if desired.

Drain juice from 1 can of chickpeas. Place the drained can of chickpeas in food processor or blender, then empty the other can in there, with the liquid. Add tahini, lemon juice, and garlic and blend until very smooth. Add horseradish, if using, and blend again. Taste for salt - add 1 teas. salt or to taste. Blend.

Serve chilled, drizzled with EVOO if desired, chopped parsley garnish and toasted pita wedges.

Friday Night Girl's Cocktail Hour
Homemade hummus and martini.JPG