What is Your Weather?

Embryodad

I know one thing....we are supposed to get 2 to 3 inches of the beautiful snow, and I know Tina will have all the curtains and blinds wide open in the early morning hours watching the snow fall.

I get itchy to go out and start shoveling too!

Now that I am on metric time, I doubt that if I will now! LOL...

29º....the perfect snow temperature tonight. Yay!!

Embryodad

I could take 20's....as long as it is not windy.
I spent more than my share on commercial rooftops in the wind and freezing precip. Brrrrr!!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I could take 20's....as long as it is not windy.
I spent more than my share on commercial rooftops in the wind and freezing precip. Brrrrr!!
It is always windy up here on the hill. Temp just dropped 2 degrees and snow is rolling in now. Looks like a pretty big band off the lake again. We get a lot of these squalls up here. Over time if it stays cold they do add up. 30 miles west of here got over 4 inches over the weekend. That band missed us on it's way down into Pa.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
It's beautiful down here. No wind, 73 degrees..... and then

and then

and tomorrow ----- arrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have to go to Minneapolis for a wedding and won't be back until later on Monday. Brrrrrrrrrr

Embryodad

:ohmy:Tonight it's warmed up. 38º and light rain.

It rained all day, and it was gloomy outside.
We draped our sad @**es on the couch and ez chair today.

Supposed to rain for 4 days in a row according to weather channel local forcast.

I didn't feel too well last night, and was in intestinal distress all night trying to sleep off the pain. I was freezing and had the shivers. Brrrrr! The truth was the living room with the pellet stove running was nice and warm; but for some reason, I was with a blanket and cold as ice. LOL

Right now I feel A O K ....:clap:Yay!!.... Just gonna have a hot chocolate. No Food! I figure to leave well enough alone. :whistle: For a while anyway!.. Haaaaaa

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We actually warmed up overnight after a day of freezing rain. Up to 47 and supposed to hit mid 50's. Will save some wood for a day or 2. Going to get dang cold early next week so will enjoy it while we can. Snow may be on the way as well.

Leni

It is going to be a beautiful day here. Right now it is sunny and prediceted to be in the low 70's. Tomorrow however the Santa Ana winds start up.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
27 right now but supposed to make 49 today. Then 2 real cold days and warm up to 48 by the end of the week. This up and down is crazy. Should get some steady rain starting this afternoon so it will be muddy till it finally stays cold. We need all the rain we can get as the springs are still low.

Embryodad

Sunday ... 12/9/2012 ...14:35

Cloudy gray & some drizzle. 41º

It's a sleepy day....kitties are crunced in their favorite spots in deep sleep.

Just made a batch of a few meatballs for frying into Italian meat-ovals.
Easy to pick up as finger food, and won't roll off the table! hahaha

I'm gonna make macaroni soup. Just ditalini boiled and drained, and some of the drain off saved and put back with butter and salt. Sort of juicy but not swimming like real soup. I love to finish all the macaroni in the bowl, and then drink the juice. Simple / tasty / and can't get enough! IMO.
Puts meat on your bones.?..NO ...... Puts Fat on your @** ..?? Y E S !

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We have snow on the ground :eek:, not much but it sure is pretty. I couldn't believe it yesterday when I looked out the window. I thought, naw, but sure nuff....:snow:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
They are calling for 12-16" of snow and lots of wind to blow it around. Got my equipment ready to plow when it gets here.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What do use to handle all that snow Bill?

just rain here so far darnit

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Got a 98 Chevy 3500 SRW 4x4 with a western pro-plow and off course my Gehl 4640 skid steer. Plus if it gets too bad I have a 580K 4x4 backhoe. Got chains for all 4 wheels on the truck and the backhoe. If I want out it won't matter how much we get, just how fast you can move it. The only time it is a hassle is if we get ice under the snow.:clap:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:wow: Some nice equipment there. Sure sounds like you have it under control. This is not your first big snow. :yum:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I often end up running the first pass on the town roads when we get deep ones. I go down and do the shelter and the old woman whether they plowed or not. Have pushed a path clean out to the state roads when I wanted out for something. They save my mailbox and I clean the intersections at the Amish school and the triangle because it easier than jacking around with a 10 wheeler.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good for you. :tiphat: I do believe good deeds do come back around, eventually. :thumb:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
My neighbor up the road works for the town and when he mows he does the whole bank of my 1/4 mile long lower field. When the town road flooded they fixed up the end of my drive since their pipe got blocked and washed ruts about 2 ft. deep down the road and across the end of my lane. I just got back from the first round of plowing and till I did the animal shelter and 2 neighbors they had run the first pass on our road. We have about 8 inches already and it is still coming fast and steady. The drifting will be bad as the wind picks up on the back side of this storm. They want 35 mph winds tomorrow.:ohmy:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Today: snow, sleet, hail, wind, rain, flood watch AND the power went off for about 5 minutes (went off and on then off again for 5 minutes) BAD omen!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My neighbor up the road works for the town and when he mows he does the whole bank of my 1/4 mile long lower field. When the town road flooded they fixed up the end of my drive since their pipe got blocked and washed ruts about 2 ft. deep down the road and across the end of my lane. I just got back from the first round of plowing and till I did the animal shelter and 2 neighbors they had run the first pass on our road. We have about 8 inches already and it is still coming fast and steady. The drifting will be bad as the wind picks up on the back side of this storm. They want 35 mph winds tomorrow.:ohmy:
Good luck with the storm.

We are supposed to get 50 MPH winds and rain tonight. Man I hope we don't get flodded again. I hope the power stays on because gets gets cold REALLY fast in my house.

Leni

Keep safe all of you. The worst that's happened here so far is just rain. We've gotten some wind also but nothing like 50 MPH.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you leni.

We had thunderstorms with heavy wind and rain most of the night. LOTS of booming and banging going on. LOL My roof is now leaking in several places and the power flicked several times but stayed on. Light rain and wind today but all is well.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Wife went along after I opened up the lane and an area here. She shoveled the sidewalks and I did the drives for some of the old folks and then we did the animal shelter. They had ice from the 2-3 inches we got last week under it and it was tough to run uphill. She took care of litter boxes while i pushed snow as they told all the other volunteers to just stay home today. The roads were in much better shape till we came back home. Calling for some more snow Saturday.:clap:

Leni

I'm not even going to tell all of you what my weather is predicted to be for the next week to ten days. You'll hunt me down and I bruise way too easily.

Sounds like the best any of you can do is stay put and keep warm. Peeps sorry to hear about your roof. That can ruin a lot of things.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
have yet to accept that we got snow. keep looking to make certain it's there. have yet to brave that snow enough to actually trudge somewhere, tho keep looking @ that snow- my boots're new, so i hafta scratch the soles fer traction before goin' somewhere in them. & i got a Mom-lecture- 'wear a pair of old boots, aubrey. u'll get salt on these new ones & then u'll be griping that there's salt on 'em.'
i explained that i won't put shoes on, then. i won't put on boots, either. then i'll get ill from lack of boots/shoes. i'll explain that my Mom said so, to them doctors.

Embryodad

have yet to accept that we got snow. keep looking to make certain it's there. have yet to brave that snow enough to actually trudge somewhere, tho keep looking @ that snow- my boots're new, so i hafta scratch the soles fer traction before goin' somewhere in them. & i got a Mom-lecture- 'wear a pair of old boots, aubrey. u'll get salt on these new ones & then u'll be griping that there's salt on 'em.'
i explained that i won't put shoes on, then. i won't put on boots, either. then i'll get ill from lack of boots/shoes. i'll explain that my Mom said so, to them doctors.
Ha Ha Ha ....that is so funny Aubrey...hahahahahahaha

I remember I loved my artics (The buckle front black boots ) that would jingle if all the buckles were not buckled.
She would say, "Take those Gosh Darn Arctics Off in the house, or you'll go blind!"

We were scared and frightened...until we turned 15 years old.

I remember I got a new pair, and I was playing in the city dumps with my friends, and I ripped a hole in the side on a nail in a board that I stupidly stepped on.
I'll never forget, I had to take the boot up to the gas station, and give the guy a quarter for a rubber hot patch.
My brother laughed and made fun of my boots because it had this big black and red patch on the side. He used to say,"Where'd ya get those boots, in the junkyard?

Mom would say,"That's what you get for not watching where you put your feet!"
Like... w t *? was that all about? Who the heck watches their feet as they walk?
L O L ....

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Moms!
gotta :heart: the Moms. & the others. they use the same lines generation after generation.

my Grandma- 'use that listerine 'er u'll get gingivitis!'
Pap- 'u have that breakfast, 'er ur hair won't get curly!'
Dad- 'to ur room, now!' (there was that 'if u don't quit that whining,' deal) then i'd return to my room when he got tired of my whining 'bout being stuck in my room.
Mom- 'u wait. i'm calling ur Dad & then he can deal w/ this insolent behavior. i'm packing my stuff & getting a place in california tonite.'