What is Your Weather?

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Sure does not look good for the folks already hit last week by Sandy. Local guy says we won't get much but the radar sure shows it swirling in from the north over us. Nothing like Phila. and Jersey are getting. Smart move would be to sit still and ride it out. Plowed lanes in all the trash from the first storm will be a nightmare.

Leni

Good luck to all of you back there. Today I had to suffer through 75 degree weather. Sorry. The Devil made me do it. I agree MM. Best to just stay put in that kind of weather.

Leni

We are getting a lot of liquid sunshine here today. Wouldn't you know that the USC/UCLA game is today at the Rose Bowl. Maybe we'll luck out and the other kind of sunshine will show up.

Embryodad

Today it is very warm...31c and very sunny
wow! That's too hot for me. Whew... 31 Centigrade (sorry...old school ) thats like..mmm 88ºF. Ouch!
I can remember one Thanksgiving Day here, it was 30C or like 86ºF here.
I had to run the cooling, and the kitchen was so warm with two ovens and the six cooktops cranking away. LOL

BTW.... Welcome to the forum kylie1969.. Hope to see you around to enjoy the fun. Just drop in anywhere; anytime you've got a chance!

Kylie1969

wow! That's too hot for me. Whew... 31 Centigrade (sorry...old school ) thats like..mmm 88ºF. Ouch!
I can remember one Thanksgiving Day here, it was 30C or like 86ºF here.
I had to run the cooling, and the kitchen was so warm with two ovens and the six cooktops cranking away. LOL

BTW.... Welcome to the forum kylie1969.. Hope to see you around to enjoy the fun. Just drop in anywhere; anytime you've got a chance!

Thanks so much for the welcome E :thumb:

Yes, it gets hot here but at least it is a dry heat..tomorrow is going to be 36c

Embryodad

Am I the only Aussie here at the moment Jimmy..cool :)
From what I have seen so far, and I don't notice too much! LOL

I'm on "Metric Time" (as I call it as I see it for myself ) anyway.

mili -Clock / centi -Clock / deca- Clock / Clock /etc etc etc ...hahahahahahahah

Strange weather here at the moment. Saying 38c on the forecast but its now 35c but its now raining big time and the thunder is getting pretty loud. Certainly isn't feeling warm at all here.
Too roo I'm off as I seem to be forever getting timed out on here??

Embryodad

Strange weather here at the moment. Saying 38c on the forecast but its now 35c but its now raining big time and the thunder is getting pretty loud. Certainly isn't feeling warm at all here.
Too roo I'm off as I seem to be forever getting timed out on here??
Weather seems too hot for me. Rain is good though! I love rain. Better would be snow though!

You are getting timed out from this site??? I never had that happen. I sometimes leave a middle of a comp to post, and the thingy just stays open for as long as I am away.

I did have a time out the other day with my Internet service provider.
That was a first for me.

It's cooling down now.. its 37ºF ( 2 to 3ºC ) at 10:39 PM U.S. EST.

Running out of refridgerator space...so the outside temp. is just perfect.
"Henrietta Turkey" is out on the Deck in a big pot of salted water thawing.
The weather here is my friend so far! LOL

Hi Embryodad,nice name by the way too.

Yes,I was but I think it was something to do with the weather I'm getting at the moment. The winds were starting to come and usually when that happens the net here plays up. My ISP isn't a very reliable one at the best of times.

Embryodad

Hi Embryodad,nice name by the way too.

Yes,I was but I think it was something to do with the weather I'm getting at the moment. The winds were starting to come and usually when that happens the net here plays up. My ISP isn't a very reliable one at the best of times.
Thank you... your name is a attention catcher also...and I don't mean the pie part. LOL

I guess all the ISP systems are not as reliable as we think. I could ping test and score 99.99% and ping 1 second later and score 79.99%.
The trunks on the servers are heavily laden with traffic, and it is touch and go with being lucky to squeeze in a healthy down / up load.

I guess it is costly to expand server equipment, and it is a play by their rules and not that you even know what the rules are. I guess it falls under all the underlined and small print on their acceptance policy when one signs on for the service.

When we get rain and wind....the cable (which is my ISP ) connections distort the signal. They say No, that never happens! I say,"No, like water on my campfire?" LOL
Why, I love waterburgers!!!

Lol Embryodad,yep gotta have my deadhorse with pie!

Is there a site somewhere that's reliable I could do this so called "ping test"..?
Would love to see what my broadband comes up like.

What are "water burgers"..?

Now back to the weather. Its stopped with the rain but boy is it a touch humid!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It is supposed to get up to 61 for turkey day here (aka thanksgiving).

Do you folks downunder do thanksgiving at this time of year, or any time of year?

Speed Test .net is a great way to test your internet speeds. Ping, upload and download speeds. very cool.
http://speedtest.net/

Embryodad

Lol Embryodad,yep gotta have my deadhorse with pie!

Is there a site somewhere that's reliable I could do this so called "ping test"..?
Would love to see what my broadband comes up like.

What are "water burgers"..?

Now back to the weather. Its stopped with the rain but boy is it a touch humid!

http://www.pingtest.net/

I used this as suggested by Doc Above!......

It also mearures other parameters... Great Reference thanks to Doc.:wink:
Water Burgers are wet hamburgers when it rains on the grill. hahahaha:bbq:

It is supposed to get up to 61 for turkey day here (aka thanksgiving).

Do you folks downunder do thanksgiving at this time of year, or any time of year?

Speed Test .net is a great way to test your internet speeds. Ping, upload and download speeds. very cool.
http://speedtest.net/

Doc I hope you have a "gobble,gobble" day.:thumb:
Tbh,I don't think we do. We have Christmas Day if that counts.
Water Burgers are wet hamburgers when it rains on the grill. hahahaha
Thanks for that one ED,learnt something new this morning. Oh and guys thank you both for the links as I'm going to do a test now.

Now back on track for the weather here. Its meant to be 26c with some cloud. So far its very still out there too. No sign of the dreaded winds.

Now whats the go with the above...Is it good or bad? Im a nincom poop when it comes to anything computer talk..lol!

Last edited:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I would rate that speed as decent but not great. About the same as mine. As for weather we are at 23F and getting snow showers. Only going to warm to 31F today with a cold wind. Brrr when the wind blows like it did last night.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
It is going to be a beautiful day today. Clear skies and up to 84 degrees.
We are up to 26 but the wind chill is almost 0. Lots of snow squalls all day. The real heavy bands have been going just south of us in Pa. Some folks down there got several inches on the ground. We had about an inch this morning and most has melted with the bursts of sunshine.

Embryodad

snow!! finally~
Luckkkk - eeeeee!!

We just got some squalls.
Poconos got a little.

Love it snow much!

Just shut off the hose bibbs outside so they don't freeze. I have two new Non-freeze hose bibs, but never got a chance to install them yet. lol

Embryodad

the snow actually stuck, jimmy! a dusting, anyhoo.
Oh! Wow!

I was outside going up and down the street with the snow blower pretending, and practicing.

Two men came in a truck with white coats, and a new coat with long long arms for me.
Isn't that nice. A early Christmas present.

Leni

You know what? I really like my snow up in the mountains where I can ski. Other than that I like it when it is rain and I don't have to shovel the driveway.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
But look at all that gas you burn to get to the snow. I just wait and the lakes send more my way. Calling for 2-3 inches tomorrow. Hunters will love it.

Embryodad

Warm today.

44º at 12 noon this Monday 11/26/12.....
A little breezy, but in the sun it's not feeling bad.
Snow showers tomorrow...1 to 2 inches maybe? ....
Opening day today in PA for antlered deer ... DW gone shopping with my cousin today because her husband is out hunting. His tree stand is his Vehicle. He parks on a high ridge, and sits in the car with the window open waiting. Lazzzzzzzy!!! hahahahaha