Incredible Hand Lotion!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Winter time is a nightmare for my hands. My knuckles often get dry and cracked and it can be painful and slow to heal.

A few years ago, DW turned me onto an old school lotion that is still being made today. It’s called Corn Huskers Lotion and it’s the best hand lotion I have ever used in my life.

I typically hate using hand lotions as it makes your hands greasy and then you leave greasy prints everywhere…..especially on your keyboard and mouse. But Corn Huskers is oil free, and as you rub it in, it moisturizes and magically dries tack free without a hint of greasiness. It’s as if you didn’t use a lotion at all, but your hands are completely hydrated. Its amazing stuff.

If winter is killing your hands, give this stuff a try!

24vl948.jpg

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Wow! My grandparents used to use this! I hate greasy lotions, too, so I end up with dry hands all winter. I will try this, Keltin. Thanks to you and DW!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've been using it since I was a kid...great stuff! Works for dry cracked elbows too!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
You may be able to find it at Wal-Greens or CVS, but we always get it at Wal-Mart.

Wally World always carries it year round. It's about $3.50 a bottle, but only takes a dab about the size of a dime to do both hands. One bottle can easily last a whole winter, if not two.

I keep the main bottle here at home, and I have a small little sample bottle of something (some other kind of lotion that I emptied out) that I recycled and put Corn Huskers in to take to work and keep in my desk drawer.

You can also get it online at Amazon and other places.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
My dad was a carpenter and worked outside pouring concrete. He used to put this on his hands at night.

K

Kimchee

Thanks for the tip! My hands don't get dry, but by golly my calves sure do!
Will give it a whirl!

FooD

I've got to try this. Regular lotion feels too greasy.
I've been handling concrete and mortar with my bare hands and my fingers are dry with cracks in many spots. I hate wearing protective gloves.

buckytom

Grill Master
i'll have to check this stuff out. thanks k.

3 out of 4 keltins agree that corn huskers is the best lotion available, hands down.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I remember this lotion from when I was a kid.
My Grams always used it on her hands (she was in housekeeping/cafeteria at ISU).
It has a very wet, non-oily feel to it, then dries a tad sticky, but is very good at protection and healing.

Myself, I use Aquaphor with a pair of 100% cotton gloves over night.
Cure.