What did santa bring you?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
“ Metrosexual man, the single young man with a high disposable income, living or working in the city (because that’s where all the best shops are)[/URL]

Is this you, Doc?????:yum: I don't think so.

Funny Susan and Joe. That first sentence of the definition eliminates me in every way possible. Not single, not young, far far from high disposable income and I live and work far far from anything resembling a big city. :yum:

Glad we got that cleared up. :yum: lol.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
For my 2 Wicked!DW & DD- They are on the way to San Francisco This am. to go see.
images

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I got 3 New pair of Levi's, enough Socks for a year. And enough Chocolate for the Weekend.
SmokeKing got my Guitar!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
.....and you got a cool set of drums to play with while they are gone. I'm sure DD would not mind. :D Go wild!!!!! :D

My son got a nice drum set years ago. Still sits in our rec room. Everybody eventually sits down at em and lets go. Always fun for the player ....not always fun for those in teh vicinity. lol :yum:

Phiddlechik

When a teenager is playing the drums, you know exactly where they are and what they are doing! We bought a nice set for our son many years ago, and they are so much nicer to listen to than a cheap set. Good choice! And none of us would dream of touching them, just like he wouldn't open my violin case and take out my instrument! (in our house, it's kind of like holding someone's baby without asking permission!)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a few more gifts from my jake yesterday & this morning/afternoon. a couple of cases, a few bottles of wine/tequila, so we're drinking margaritas. he's also making venison jerky & din-din. & we got a stack of books last nite.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My Dad gave me a book on haunted inns in New England, which I'm enjoying very much. The author talks about 39 of them, though I'm sure there are hundreds more!

I'd love to stay in each one!

Lee

Phiddlechik

I spent a night at a haunted B&B, at the request of a friend. Well, I went to bed early, woke up to a great disturbance, everyone was freaked out, the ghost hunter had a seizure due to the flashing strobes of their equipment and everyone got the heck out. Except for me. I went back to sleep (reciting the Lord's prayer, then telling the spirit that she was welcome to hang out, but I had to go to work early in the morning and to leave me alone). Turns out everyone actually left the premises in the middle of the night and I was the only guest that actually spent the whole night there! The innkeeper and I had a lovely baked raspberry french toast for breakfast.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I spent a night at a haunted B&B, at the request of a friend. Well, I went to bed early, woke up to a great disturbance, everyone was freaked out, the ghost hunter had a seizure due to the flashing strobes of their equipment and everyone got the heck out. Except for me. I went back to sleep (reciting the Lord's prayer, then telling the spirit that she was welcome to hang out, but I had to go to work early in the morning and to leave me alone). Turns out everyone actually left the premises in the middle of the night and I was the only guest that actually spent the whole night there! The innkeeper and I had a lovely baked raspberry french toast for breakfast.

That is Hilarious! WTG!!!

Phiddlechik

Here. It was once a missionary house for LDS folks. The lady that owned it died there, in the middle of the night. I slept in her room. The funniest thing was that I opened my eyes to the chaos, had the door open, looking down the hallway. Everything happened within the doorframe view, the chaos, the seizure, the calling of the paramedics, the arrival of the same, and everyone leaving. I kept thinking, should I get up and join the fracas, or just lie here? I just laid there. didn't even have to lift my head off the pillow. Then I heard a bunch of interior doors slamming, the lights went out, then the car doors slamming, engines revving. I thought, "how nice of them all to accompany the ghost hunter to the hospital."
ha!
They all went home. My friend didn't even come back for her shoes. And the other guests went home... to Colorado!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
huh??????????????????????????

i'll explain later hon in a message with my othr explanation 'bout my flu. suffice to say that some people like to pass judgement. ya probably missed that; were probably not posting then. apparantly i'm a lesser person since i drink early in my day according to certain folks. i'm "abslutely ridiculous" for that. i'm also 28, to be 29 soon. & if i want a drink, then piss on them, i'll pour a drink.

Mr. Green Jeans

Got some great foodie stuff!
After last weekend when the Maytag washer took a dirt nap after 23 years of hard labor, we went out and got each other an LG HE washer and dryer. The washer is turely amazing as to how well it cleans clothes.
The other + is we put the old Maytag dryer on Freecycle and it was claimed by the wife of an Army enlisted soldier at Ft. Hood who was faced with buying a new dryer and forgoing presents for her three kids for Christmas.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
A stomach virus.
No time with my family.
3 days off work.

Fastforward to today..
Books, music, candles, gift cards and handmade Irish jewelry from my friend Susan. :D
..and a beautiful sofa throw as well from my friend Roxanne.

2009-12-27 23-44-55.141.jpg

2009-12-27 23-45-06.412.jpg

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I love it Keltin. Love everything I received.
Thing is, I won't be able to meet up with the kids and grands until New Years now.
We're going to have a mini post-Christmas wing ding and Happy 2010 all rolled into one lol

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
The other + is we put the old Maytag dryer on Freecycle and it was claimed by the wife of an Army enlisted soldier at Ft. Hood who was faced with buying a new dryer and forgoing presents for her three kids for Christmas.
:applause::applause::applause:You're the man, MGJ! Bravo for giving it to someone who really needed it. Freecycle is such a cool program, isn't it?

Congrats on your new machine, too.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That hotel looks fantastic, Cooksie!

Did you stay in any of the rooms that were noted on the website? Did anything unusual happen to you there?

Lee

It is a pretty cool place if you like antiques and history, and the town is packed with antique stores. Nothing unusual happened, and I didn't see any ghosts. Maybe they were just taking a night off while I was there :wink:.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Actually a metrosexual has nothing to do with sexual orientation, Joe. It is why wiki is such a poor choice to get some infor from. A metrosexual is a man who takes interest in his experience. He may have facials, nails buffed, be dressed well and cares about his appreance. He takes pride in is appearance. It has noting to do with sexual orientation--it is a term that was coined for an urban male who takes pride in his appearance.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
:applause::applause::applause:You're the man, MGJ! Bravo for giving it to someone who really needed it. Freecycle is such a cool program, isn't it?

Congrats on your new machine, too.

We have freecycle & cheapcycle over her - it has been really good for getting rid of stuff left in the house or that we don't want anymore. It is so good knowing it will continue to be used.
We are also picking up leftover building materials for our project.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Got some great foodie stuff!
After last weekend when the Maytag washer took a dirt nap after 23 years of hard labor, we went out and got each other an LG HE washer and dryer. The washer is turely amazing as to how well it cleans clothes.
Thanks for the heads up about Free cycle. I just signed up. I have a garage full of good stuff we would like to give away (Got to make room for Drum set),
What a great program, and they have it here in the SF Bay Area!
Thanks Mr. Green Jeans