What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! I would if I could but those loaves disappeared rapidly at DD's BBQ on Saturday :lol:.

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Holy shmoley Mama Mia! That is gorgeous bread Mama! I love potato bread, I like to make them in to rolls for pulled pork.

Your bread could not possible look any more perfect. Next time I'm in ATL I wanna look you up! Hugs!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Homemade Cheddar Bay Biscuits

cheddar_bay_biscuits_082312_P1090536.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, Peep! How fantastic those look!

Do you have the recipe posted somewhere???

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you everyone.

These were my first try at these biscuits so I followed the copycat recipe I found online. I will be playing with it and try to convert it to all fresh ingredients.

I am going to try using my homemade garlic butter next time.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Did some baking yesterday and today.

Today I made baguettes for a pasta & meatball dinner me and DW are catering tonight for 25 friends, and yesterday I made a no-knead sourdough Italian herb loaf to share with my fellow cooks at a local church festival this weekend.

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Did some baking yesterday and today.

Today I made baguettes for a pasta & meatball dinner me and DW are catering tonight for 25 friends, and yesterday I made a no-knead sourdough Italian herb loaf to share with my fellow cooks at a local church festival this weekend.

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg
WOW that herb loaf is beautiful Joe!! Is that posted?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chocolate pound cake – I used all the batter and just put a cookie sheet under it just in case. It rose above the top of the pan but didn’t overflow the side OR the center hole.

chocolate_pound_cake_082512_1_P1090542.JPG

chocolate_pound_cake_082512_2_P1090545.JPG

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Joe......your loaves look amazing but that herb sour dough looks especially delicious!

YUM on the pound cake Peepers!!!!! Are you gonna drizzle some chocolate glaze on it? :ohmy:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Joe......your loaves look amazing but that herb sour dough looks especially delicious!

YUM on the pound cake Peepers!!!!! Are you gonna drizzle some chocolate glaze on it? :ohmy:
Thank you Mama. No glaze. I had a hard time making DD #2 wait till it cooled and till DD #1 got home. Then when DD #1 got home from work she wanted dessert before dinner. LOL

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I baked some homemade cinnamon rolls earlier today.

Attachments

• cinnamon-rolls.jpg
    cinnamon-rolls.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 134

Ian M.

Mmmmm! Mama, those rolls look wonderful! I'd love to be met at the breakfast table tomorrow morning by a couple of those and a big cup of Irish Creme coffee. Unfortunately, mini-vacation time is over for me and in the morning I have to be back at work for the breakfast rush. But it's been nice while it lasted! Hope everyone had a nice Labor Day!

Ian :chef:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Ian! I'm glad you had a nice min-vacation. Did you go anywhere or just enjoy the time with your wonderful wife?

Ian M.

Hi, Mama...thanks for asking. Actually we went nowhere at all over this past weekend. On Friday it looked like we were going to get a gully washer of a storm (I guess Maine really got hammered but we got nothing at all) so we decided to just stay put and I spent most of my staycation in my hammock, rocking gently to and fro with a cat on my chest! The only other thing we did was to watch a lot of "Waltons" marathon tonight on the tube - Fallon just loves that stuff. I tend to fall asleep. Was life really all that serene back in the day?

Ian :mellow:

During the depression?....I wouldn't know :lol:.

Not all of it took place during the depression years - and even the episodes that did were always filled with light and love and "the good life" of a big, boisterous, close-knit rural family dealing with life together. Despite my husband's slightly jaundiced poking fun at it, I do love watching that show - it always leaves me feeling good.

Fallon

Those cinnamon rolls are gorgeous, Mama. Recipe? :applause:

Ian M.

Thank you, Mama, so very much for the recipe - it sounds like something relatively simple to put together. I think I may try the maple frosting someone mentioned, too. Ian's going to love these for breakfast in the morning, along with his huge mug of coffee and a glas of juice. Now I'm hungry!

Fallon :thumb:

Sorry, I just traded on my husband's login - too lazy to re-do my own.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Got up at 0430 today (fell asleep in the chair last night) and felt ambitious. DW was pleased to get a fresh English muffin when she got up.

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

Had to have one as a "poison test."

IMG_0668.jpg

Made a home style Egg McMuffin...

IMG_0672.jpg

Also made a loaf of honey whole wheat and a dozen honey whole wheat sandwich thins.

IMG_0669.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.