Any plans for the holiday weekend?

buckytom

Grill Master
does anyone have monday off for marty king, jr. day? any plans for the weekend?

i'm taking down all of the holiday decorations tomorrow, and i'll be making a small feast for dinner. we'll start with baked herb brie topped with black currant preserves. then, my pork rib roast with apple and herb butter gravy (recipe to follow), haricot verts, and neeps and tatties. vanilla ice cream for dessert.

i got screwed on my schedule at work on monday, so i have to work 4a-12noon, then rush home to grab the wife and son and go to the devils - islanders game at the nassau coliseum. i can't wait. it's my boy's first pro hockey game, and we have seats 4 rows behind the devils' bench. i can smell the hot dogs and sweaty neoprene pads already.

so, what are you doing this weekend? any grand cooking and/or eating plans?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like a fun weekend BT. Especially the hockey game. :thumb:

My granddaughter Kayla (KK for short) is coming to visit. She is just over 11 months old now, and started to walk a couple of weeks ago. Her parents said now she has mastered the walk and squat to pick up something, and then she throws whatever she picked up. too funny. I've seen a video of her first steps but this will be the first time in person. Can't wait. She'll be here a little after noon today. :D

Trolling for hot guys at Home Depot. lol. I may look for new floor tiling for the bathroom. Went to the market yesterday & bought a bunch of goodies like steaks, crab legs, etc., etc. Will probably hang out in my jammies.

Biskit

Trolling for hot guys at Home Depot. lol. I may look for new floor tiling for the bathroom. Went to the market yesterday & bought a bunch of goodies like steaks, crab legs, etc., etc. Will probably hang out in my jammies.

Let me see if I got this straight, Cal. Cook. You're gonna go to Home Depot in your jammies to see if you can pick up any hot guys? :bounce:

*Biskit heads out the door on his way to Home Depot, waiting for a cute chick in her Jammies to come to the flooring section.*

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holiday weekend? Not so's I'd notice.

Happy MLK Day to those of you lucky enough to have it off!

Your weekend sounds great, BT!

CalCook, yours does, too. However I've been working in a hardware store for seven years and I would have expected it to be a great way to meet eligible men. Thing is, there AREN'T any!

Lee

Last edited:
Let me see if I got this straight, Cal. Cook. You're gonna go to Home Depot in your jammies to see if you can pick up any hot guys? :bounce:

*Biskit heads out the door on his way to Home Depot, waiting for a cute chick in her Jammies to come to the flooring section.*

:lol: Not necessarily in that order.

(Attention shoppers! Cleanup in aisle three :kiss:)

AllenOK

I normally have Monday's off anyway.

Until my tax refund gets here, I can't afford to do much of anything. Heck, I can't even (legally) go fishing until I renew my fishing license.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Not working!!! We reopen on Tuesday for full service, so I have staff scheduled for prep and receiving deliveries...but as for me??? Lou is off so I'm taking the day.

Plans..?? Going to the gym. As usual.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
does anyone have monday off for marty king, jr. day? any plans for the weekend?

i'm taking down all of the holiday decorations tomorrow, and i'll be making a small feast for dinner. we'll start with baked herb brie topped with black currant preserves. then, my pork rib roast with apple and herb butter gravy (recipe to follow), haricot verts, and neeps and tatties. vanilla ice cream for dessert.

i got screwed on my schedule at work on monday, so i have to work 4a-12noon, then rush home to grab the wife and son and go to the devils - islanders game at the nassau coliseum. i can't wait. it's my boy's first pro hockey game, and we have seats 4 rows behind the devils' bench. i can smell the hot dogs and sweaty neoprene pads already.

so, what are you doing this weekend? any grand cooking and/or eating plans?
i'd like the recipe for the herb brie. do you bake it in phyllo?

suziquzie

Kids have been asking for my famous "freakin' waffles".... so I will make them..... on Monday....
wanna hear a story? too bad.....:D

when oldest was about 2 we were all layin' in bed one Sunday watching cartoons..... started to get hungry.... kept bouncing around ideas until someone said waffles......

Long story short..... DH tells 2 year old...... "tell Mommy to make some freakin' waffles"

HAHAHA

Now, they are my famous Freakin' Waffles

Holiday weekend? Not so's I'd notice.

Happy MLK Day to those of you lucky enough to have it off!

Your weekend sounds great, BT!

CalCook, yours does, too. However I've been working in a hardware store for seven years and I would have expected it to be a great way to meet eligible men. Thing is, there AREN'T any!

Lee

Have you tried greeting them in stilettos & a tool belt?

(Who said anything about "eligible?" lol. I'd be happy to get my tub caulked ;-) )

GotGarlic

We have tomorrow off. Didn't have a chance to mention this before, but last night we went to see a tribute group to Motown '60s girl groups with the Virginia Symphony Pops: Motown Divas Radiance. It was great! We were in the fourth row from the stage, in the middle, and I sang and sang 'cause I grew up just south of Detroit, so I know all the words! :lol:

They did the Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Martha and the Marvelettes, and a few disco-era hits from Donna Summer and the Pointer Sisters. In fact, one of the singers is a former member of the Pointer Sisters.

You can see video of them here, although it doesn't do their voices justice at all: Radiance.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW & DS will be at work, so I will shut off the water and gas and move those lines to their new locations in the laundry room, and cap off the existing lines. Hopefully will get some wall framing done as well.

Deelady

We have tomorrow off. Didn't have a chance to mention this before, but last night we went to see a tribute group to Motown '60s girl groups with the Virginia Symphony Pops: Motown Divas Radiance. It was great! We were in the fourth row from the stage, in the middle, and I sang and sang 'cause I grew up just south of Detroit, so I know all the words! :lol:

They did the Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Martha and the Marvelettes, and a few disco-era hits from Donna Summer and the Pointer Sisters. In fact, one of the singers is a former member of the Pointer Sisters.

You can see video of them here, although it doesn't do their voices justice at all: Radiance.

That sounds like SO much fun!!!

buckytom

Grill Master
DW & DS will be at work, so I will shut off the water and gas and move those lines to their new locations in the laundry room, and cap off the existing lines. Hopefully will get some wall framing done as well.

eat at joe's and get gas? lol.

peep, i was just gonna scalp the rind off the top of the brie, wrap it in a crumbled foil sorta stand, and bake it till it's just runny inside. then, top it with the currant preserves.

i never got around to making it though. had to clean the bird cages and turtle/goldfish tank, and buy pet food. maybe tomorrow.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
eat at joe's and get gas? lol.

peep, i was just gonna scalp the rind off the top of the brie, wrap it in a crumbled foil sorta stand, and bake it till it's just runny inside. then, top it with the currant preserves.

i never got around to making it though. had to clean the bird cages and turtle/goldfish tank, and buy pet food. maybe tomorrow.
aha!! i have always wanted try it baked in phyllo or dough, just never got around to it. i had it baked once at a restaurant on cedar lane in teaneck. it was great.

awwwwwwwwwwww poor cinderfella!! :whistling: LOL :yum: J/K