What did santa bring you?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
You're gonna love it, Dan! We have it here, too, and I love not having to toss something that is still good or to haul it to someplace like Goodwill. People will come to you and pick it up! Plus, I have found exactly the thing I need a couple of times on Freecycle when doing a project at my house.

Wart

Banned
Thanks for the heads up about Free cycle. I just signed up.

Same here. Signed up with the local group.

Been trying to get rid of our old refrigerator since getting the new one a year ago. Well, not trying too hard as it has come in handy during peak periods of cooking.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
We have given a lot of stuff to Good Will and Sally's. But that kind of defeats the real point. I want someone to have this stuff free, Why should they have to pay for something, I gave for free. I know it helps run their programs, but there are people who have Nothing, and anything would be a God sent.

homecook

I use freecycle all the time. I used it alot when cleaning out my mom's condo. I had beds, dressers, a dining table, etc.

I did use Craigslist for some things.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
With a storage facility like we have we tend to give to local things like Good Will, Salvation Army, a couple battered women's homes etc. My wife keeps a list of them and what types of items they are looking for. The women's homes are always looking for furniture and bedding as well as women's and kids cloths. Good Will also takes some clothing and things like tools, pots/pans, cooking items like microwaves, toaster ovens etc. We get a lot of stuff left behind like this as well as in spaces that no one bids on when we action spaces people haven't paid for.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The big stuff goes to St V's behind our Catholic HS.
They've erected a building and all donated appliances, furniture, etc is accepted (as long as it's clean and useable of course) and the less fortunate in the community are free to come and get what they need.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i sell mine on consignment, though my last items went to my buddy since she needed "0" items.

FooD

Leatherman Skeletool CX multi-tool
KD-8000 digital kitchen scale
Paper shredder
Leatherman Squirt multi-tool
Analog watch
2 shirts
Pajamas

My close friends & I don't exchange gifts during the Holidays. Prefer going out to lunch or dinner to share a meal & enjoy each other's company.

Santa ;-) brought me a long overdue gift (at a very aggressive price)....

sectional.jpg

Lefty

Yank
Leatherman Skeletool CX multi-tool
KD-8000 digital kitchen scale
Paper shredder
Leatherman Squirt multi-tool
Analog watch
2 shirts
Pajamas
How do you like the skeletool? I was going to get one, but if I buy any more tools I'll get kicked out. :yum:

I have 3 leathermen, 2 SAK, a couple of utility pocket knive...
plus 4 tool kits and 4 small tool bags scatered about.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Wow! You must have been really good this year, CC! That is a beautiful couch. (Now, do you have to re-decorate the whole house around it? LOL That's what always happens to me - get a new couch and everything else looks worn out.)

Mr. Green Jeans

How do you like the skeletool? I was going to get one, but if I buy any more tools I'll get kicked out. :yum:

I have 3 leathermen, 2 SAK, a couple of utility pocket knive...
plus 4 tool kits and 4 small tool bags scatered about.

Pocketknives to men are what shoes are to women. LOL!

lilylove

Santa LOVES me!
maddie-2.jpg

Here REAL name is Maddie but... we've been calling her Peanutbutter. This is an old photo and her hair is much longer now and a lot of it is just the color of Jiff Peanut butter. Our other kitty is Jellybelly...so we have Peanutbutter and Jelly ~ Gotta love it.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Lilly! Everyone loves PB & J. :D
Happy New Year!!!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm so happy for you, Trish! Your newest addition is beautiful! Does she get along well with Jellybelly? Isn't it wonderful that Santa knows you so well and brought you the thing you would love most!

lilylove

Hi Guys, Happy New year to you too!!

FM Peanutbutter was raised in a cattery with lots of other cats so you'd think she'd be ready to accept and love Jelly but...it's taking her a little time to adjust. They are touching nose to nose now and eating out of the same bowl so I have high hopes. THere was some hissing from PB at first. Jelly on the other hand just wants to play and doesn't understand why PB is "so grumpy".

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
It sounds like they are just working out the pecking order, Trish. Cats (that aren't still kittens) take longer to warm up to each other but eating from the same bowl is a great sign they will be pals soon. I'm so excited for you, girlfriend!!!!

lilylove

Thanks! So am I.

You should have seen Paulie sitting on the floor at the breeders playing with all 8 of the cats/kittens. He had such a sweet smile and he kept saying " I've never got to play with so many kittens before. He didn't want to leave!! LOL, think I should start trying for # three? We could name her sandwich. Sandy for short....

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We just took in a kitten with my other 3 cats. She fit right in right away. If and when I get my camera back I will take some pictures of her. She heads to the vet in 2 weeks to get fixed. I now have 2 males (Manx litter mates), a Russian Blue (about the same age as the boys), and the kitten who is now into her first heat. All of the others are fixed and the Russian Blue is also de-clawed. I told my wife no more cats after this one as that is my limit period.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I have several ferrule cats that hang around that my wife puts out food for in the morning. You can't get near them but they keep rodents and such away from our storage facility. All my cats are in doors only so no more.

Mr. Green Jeans

I asked older son the graphic designer (who because of the economy was tight on $) to design and print me some labels for all the goodies I can. He took things one step further. This is a clock body that his company would normally print a custom face on only it had a defective motor. He inserted a largeversion of the label in lieu of a clock face. I want it in the kitchen. DW thinks otherwise. The debate is still open LOL!

Attachments

• NWF.jpg
    NWF.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 77

Mr. Green Jeans

I asked older son the graphic designer (who because of the economy was tight on $) to design and print me some labels for all the goodies I can. He took things one step further. This is a clock body that his company would normally print a custom face on only it had a defective motor. He inserted a large version of the label in lieu of a clock face. I want it in the kitchen. DW thinks otherwise. The debate is still open LOL!

Attachments

• NWF.jpg
    NWF.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 94

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
doublepost.gif

oi!! do i need a drink? i think i am seeing double!! LOL very nice MGJ!!

buckytom

Grill Master
mgj, nice sign.
you know, clock motors are pretty easy to replace and they're cheap. i think your sign would make a cool clock without numbers.

i had a good christmas, foodie wise. i got a wms-sonoma potato ricer, a hot air popcorn maker, a cuisinart ice cream maker, a cuisinart rice cooker, a tin file of 500 slow cooker recipes with extra cards for additions, and a bathrobe.

well, it's a bad idea to cook nekkid, hence the robe. now i just need a bubble pipe.

so far, i've used and loved the potato ricer. although, dw loved it too so it seems to have been adopted by her kitchen upstairs. i'll have to go "borrow" it when i want it, lol.
the hot air popcorn popper is neat, but boy is popcorn boring without butter and salt. and even special popcorn salt doesn't stick very well. i think i need an atomizer for melted butter so then the salt will stick. or i could just add it to the butter.

Last edited:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I asked older son the graphic designer (who because of the economy was tight on $) to design and print me some labels for all the goodies I can. He took things one step further. This is a clock body that his company would normally print a custom face on only it had a defective motor. He inserted a large version of the label in lieu of a clock face. I want it in the kitchen. DW thinks otherwise. The debate is still open LOL!

Lucky is going to like this- He is in the same business! (LABELS).