What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Re: What are you baking today?

You're welcome, Peep. They aren't as spectacular looking as Lucky's (those look magazine worthy), but I usually cover them with vanilla ice cream anyway. LOL
:yum: :yum: i have never made any dumplings before. apple pie, apple crisp, baked apples but never any dumpling of ANY kind.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter

Peep, the amount of yeast will only affect the time it takes to rise. Actually, slower rise times give the dough more time to develop flavor. I know some guys using 1/512 teaspoon (that's not a typo, try measuring that) for some pizza dough that takes more than a day to rise. On the other hand, if you're in a hurry, increase the yeast.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Peep, the amount of yeast will only affect the time it takes to rise. Actually, slower rise times give the dough more time to develop flavor. I know some guys using 1/512 teaspoon (that's not a typo, try measuring that) for some pizza dough that takes more than a day to rise. On the other hand, if you're in a hurry, increase the yeast.
oh good to know. thanks thats the first recipe i have seen with a small amount of yeast i was wondering why. and did think it may be a typo.

Meme4251

Peeps, your pizza sure looks good! When do you find so much time to cook? Good for you....:wink:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Peeps, your pizza sure looks good! When do you find so much time to cook? Good for you....:wink:
thank you meme!! long story but i don't work (OUT of the house) at the moment.

Deelady

Everything looks soooo delish you guys!!! Great pics!

Iam thinking of making Chocolate Chip Walnut cookies today :D DF favorite....oh and mine too ;)

Deelady

here the cookies! :clap: Nice a warm right out the oven!

Attachments

• 4th of July 179.jpg
    4th of July 179.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 153

chowhound

Yeah, those are perfect. Reminds me of after school at a buddy's house. His mother made cookies like that. Miller High Life and chocolate chip and nut cookies... mmmm

I haven't baked anything in forever. Does a loaf of bread in my bread machine count? Should be done in thirty minutes or so.

chowhound

Cool. It's just starting to smell right now.
But this site is stalling on me and I can't seem to correct it, so g'night...

homecook

thank you barb. hmmmmm only 1/4 tsp yeast for 3 cups flour. i used 7 tsp rapid rise yeast for 8 cups flour today for my pizza and sausage bread dough.

I believe it has something to do with the letting it sit for 12-20 hours. You'd have to get the lowdown on that from JoeV. It's been a tried and true recipe..............

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I believe it has something to do with the letting it sit for 12-20 hours. You'd have to get the lowdown on that from JoeV. It's been a tried and true recipe..............
hi ya barb. that must be the reason less yeast long rise time.

i posted the dough recipe for the sausage bread in that thread for you.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

BEAU-TI-FUL fall day here so I made some Pumpkin Bread

i can't find your recipe. i have been having problems with NCT the past few days. am i blind? if not can i please have your recipe?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

hmmmmm only 1/4 tsp yeast for 3 cups flour.

i used 7 tsp rapid rise yeast for 8 cups flour today for my pizza and sausage bread dough.

Calzone recipes call for this amount.

You use 7 t of rapid rise yeast for 8 c of flour??
Wouldn't the results be a little much? :dizzy:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Calzone recipes call for this amount.

You use 7 t of rapid rise yeast for 8 c of flour??
Wouldn't the results be a little much? :dizzy:
nope it was just right. after these posts i did some looking and most of the recipes for 3 - 4 cups of flour i have seen call for either 1 envelope dry yeast (which is roughly 2 1/2 tsp) or 3 to 4 tsp. dry yeast. so mine is about right and i never have a problem.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Homemade bread

homemade_white_bread_101609_P1040500.JPG

homemade_white_bread_101609_2_P1040517.JPG

and Homemade Cinnamon raisin bread.

raisin_bread_101609_1_P1040506.JPG

raisin_bread_101609_2_P1040516.JPG

Last edited:

homecook

I baked two loaves of white bread today.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.