What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

homecook

I'm the lucky one!!!
I've been to one of Joe's bread baking classes and learned alot.....I now bake bread at least once a week. He's a great teacher!!!! It's the best thing I ever did.....It also helps that he only lives around the corner from me and picks up all sorts of goodies at the Thrift store that he offers to me cuz he already has two of everything. lol

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Re: What are you baking today?

Pizza Dough Bread Sticks

They're really not monster bread sticks. :biggrin: I set them in a butter dish for the pic, and they came out looking monster-sized :lol:.

3665696764_a9b2ce8624_b.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Italian Herb no-knead bread with Parmesan cheese in the dry mix, and topped with freshly grated Asiago then sprinkled with 10-grain cereal. Took it to the foodies in the kitchen at the festival and they devoured it.

ItalianHerbParmesan.jpg

homecook

Damn that looks awesome!!! I'm gonna try that and get it ready for tomorrow. My mouth is watering.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

DD's wedding is 10 days away, and I just finished baking the cookies that will be at each place setting at the reception (2 cookies per person, with alternating colors as you go around the table...chocolate, yellow, chocolate, yellow...). I made a total of 325 cookies since Saturday (175 Double Chocolate (with walnuts instead of pecans)and 150 Oatmeal Raisin) and the ladies will be putting them in cellophane bags and tying them with ribbon and a diamond shaped hang tag with the bride & groom's name and wedding date on it. This will be done on Thursday of next week.

It takes about 3-1/2 hours to make 12 dozen cookies. They were made with a size 30 disher and they came out 3-1/4" in diameter. Perfect for the little bags we bought at the craft store.

P1010899.jpg

Needless to say my garage freezer is out of room. We ate a lot of stuff just to make room for the cookies. LMAO We're gaining weight so DD's wedding is just so.

P1010901.jpg

There are 36 cookies in each gallon storage bag, which worked out nicely. The disher makes each cookie the same size, which means a lot when packaging them.

P1010902.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I've got plenty of room in my freezer if you need any extra space.....LOL
What a great friend to offer to eat , er..., store my cookies for me. Is that you licking your chops that I can hear over here???:yum: It's like the fox guarding the henhouse.

homecook

What a great friend to offer to eat , er..., store my cookies for me. Is that you licking your chops that I can hear over here???:yum: It's like the fox guarding the henhouse.

How could you say such a thing about little ole' me??? I was just being helpful!! :mrgreen:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Making these for my friend Barb (homecook), who lost her Mom yesterday. Just trying to bring a little sweetness back into her life.

P1010912.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

They are cooling as we speak. Will bring them down when they cool a little more. We're going to Value King and Wal-Mart.

P1010913.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Awww Joe! You're the best!

I just got a bunch of fresh Georgia peaches yesterday so I'll be making some peach pound cake drizzled with Carmel icing in a little while.

homecook

Yes, he is the BEST!!!! I sat and ate 3 of them right from the get go. They were still warm too! Dh had two and I think I'm going to hide the rest. LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Yes, he is the BEST!!!! I sat and ate 3 of them right from the get go. They were still warm too! Dh had two and I think I'm going to hide the rest. LOL
LMAO, I don't know anyone who can eat 3 of those too-sweet suckers. With all that sugar and butter, I'm sure you're probably strung out prettty good.:clap: ( I do love that frosting, though.)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

The ladies packaged the 300 cookies for the reception hall, so I got my freezer space back. and none to soon, as we were almost out of bread. So I fired up my trust KA and cranked out some bread and rolls this afternoon. The bread is all cut and in the freezer.

Bread072309.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

i have been looking for a Date Nut Bread recipe and just can't find one!! i buy loaves in the store and the whole family loves it but i would like to make it homemade. can anyone help me out with a recipe TNT if possible? this what the store bread looks like they also have a rectangle loaf. i want a recipe for a nice dark loaf all i can find are recipes for a very light in color loaf.

42866.jpg

homecook

Heather has been bugging me to make a loaf of No-Knead bread with raisins/craisins/nut. So last night I made the dough and decided to make it in the round thingy JoeV picked up and offered it it to me. I can't find the thread he posted it on. So anyway I baked the loaf today.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 160
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 164

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

that loaf looks so crusty and yummy!! i have butter pass me a slice.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

MAGNIFICENT! I'll be right over....:lol: Hope she enjoys it.

homecook

Thank you Joe! That's high praise coming from you.....

Oh, and I just noticed......the wall next to the oven that looks dirty....it isn't, it's the heights/dates/ages of my kids and grandkids. LOL

homecook

I think I'm going to try JoeV's honey wheat bread today.

Did you make it Suzie???

I'm making two loaves of Italian bread. They're on the second rise as I type...........depending on how they come out I'll post pics. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.