Peep's Stuffed Mushrooms

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peep's Stuffed Mushrooms

Large stuffing mushrooms - cleaned, stems removed and chopped fine,
set caps aside for stuffing (Small mushrooms pictured as the large stuffing mushrooms were not available)
Shiitake mushrooms - stems discarded - caps chopped fine
Oyster mushrooms - cleaned and chopped fine
Cremini mushrooms - cleaned and chopped fine
Baby Bella mushrooms - cleaned chopped fine
Small white button mushrooms - cleaned chopped fine
Dried porcini mushrooms - soak in warm water to plump, chop fine, save liquid
Onion chopped fine
Fresh garlic chopped fine
Fresh oregano chopped fine
Fresh basil chopped fine
Fresh parsley chopped fine
Ground hot red pepper flakes*
Rosemary and thyme (ground dry )
Salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Olive oil
Plain bread crumbs
Grated Romano cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese
All ingredients to taste and according to how many mushroom caps you have to stuff.

Place the finely chopped onions, stems and mushrooms in a frying pan with olive oil and sauté over medium heat till they reduce in volume by half. Add the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, hot pepper, salt, black pepper, rosemary, thyme and the porcini mushroom liquid to pan and cook over medium heat till liquids are mostly evaporated. Place in large bowl and add just enough crumbs to hold together. You may add a bit more olive oil if needed to bind the ingredients. Stuff each cap and place on a lipped cookie sheet with a small amount of water. Cover pan with foil and place in a 450F oven. Bake till a knife inserted in side of mushroom comes out easily. Then remove foil and place under broil to brown and crisp tops.

*Tip: I grind my hot red pepper flakes to powder in my food processor. It incorporates more easily and eliminates "hot" spots. Really good for shaking on foods like pizza or popcorn also.

stuffed_mushrooms_122610_P1070031.JPG

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've made basic stuffed mushrooms just using the chopped stems from the caps, and they were pretty good. I'm sure that using all the different mushrooms really kicks them up a notch--Bam! They look great. :applause:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I've made basic stuffed mushrooms just using the chopped stems from the caps, and they were pretty good. I'm sure that using all the different mushrooms really kicks them up a notch--Bam! They look great. :applause:
thank you sweetie!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peep's Stuffed Mushrooms

Large stuffing mushrooms - cleaned, stems removed and chopped fine,
set caps aside for stuffing (Small mushrooms pictured as the large stuffing mushrooms were not available)
Shiitake mushrooms - stems discarded - caps chopped fine
Oyster mushrooms - cleaned and chopped fine
Cremini mushrooms - cleaned and chopped fine
Baby Bella mushrooms - cleaned chopped fine
Small white button mushrooms - cleaned chopped fine
Dried porcini mushrooms - soak in warm water to plump, chop fine, save liquid
Onion chopped fine
Fresh garlic chopped fine
Fresh oregano chopped fine
Fresh basil chopped fine
Fresh parsley chopped fine
Ground hot red pepper flakes*
Rosemary and thyme (ground dry )
Salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Olive oil
Plain bread crumbs
Grated Romano cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese
All ingredients to taste and according to how many mushroom caps you have to stuff.

Place the finely chopped onions, stems and mushrooms in a frying pan with olive oil and sauté over medium heat till they reduce in volume by half. Add the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, hot pepper, salt, black pepper, rosemary, thyme and the porcini mushroom liquid to pan and cook over medium heat till liquids are mostly evaporated.
Place in large bowl and add just enough crumbs and grated cheese (equal amounts crumbs and cheese) to hold together. You may add a bit more olive oil if needed to moisten and/or bind the ingredients.
You may add a bit more olive oil if needed to bind the ingredients. Stuff each cap and place on a lipped cookie sheet with a small amount of water. Cover pan with foil and place in a 450F oven. Bake till a knife inserted in side of mushroom comes out easily. Then remove foil and place under broil to brown and crisp tops.

*Tip: I grind my hot red pepper flakes to powder in my food processor. It incorporates more easily and eliminates "hot" spots. Really good for shaking on foods like pizza or popcorn also.

stuffed_mushrooms_122610_P1070031.JPG
OMISSION CORRECTION!!

I JUST REALIZED THAT I LEFT OUT WHERE TO ADD THE GRATED CHEESES. IT SHOULD READ:

Place in large bowl and add just enough crumbs and grated cheese (equal amounts crumbs and cheese) to hold together. You may add a bit more olive oil if needed to moisten and/or bind the ingredients.

I CORRECTED IT ABOVE IN RED. so sorry.

Last edited: