QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It was last weekend, wasn't it?

How'd it go? You two get along okay??

Lee

PanchoHambre

Yeah it was good... some nice meals and a ballgame we have not spent a long time together for awhile because when I visit home time is split between parents and the dogs are not allowed in his condo so I always stay with mom so it was good to not be running out the door. My main problem was getting ready getting the house clean etc.... Now I think mom is coming the weekend after next... and she is the neat freak so I have more work to do.. like burning my house to cinders because we definitely have different ideas of what clean is as I do not aspire to have my house meet surgical sterility standards. Mom and her DH will stay in a swank hotel, mom is like me she needs a bit of space and they are a little more spendthrift when it comes to lifestyle. Also they and entertain themselves a bit more so they are easier. That is my main problem with dad is that when I see him it is always 100% on and sometimes I need some time out.... also w/ mom and DH it is possible to relax drink a bit to excess and smoke a J, dad is a tad puritanical but a good guy who means well. His DW is fun but she pretty much does her own thing and avoids all father-son stuff. So that's my family Freud.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good that you had a nice time with your dad, Panch!

Enjoy your mom's visit, too!

Thanks for sharing!

Lee

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Panch, I'm not sure there is such a thing as a totally "functional" family...I don't know any Leave it to Beaver families. If they appear that way, there are usually some skeletons in the closet somewhere. The fact that you are on visiting terms with both your mom and dad, plus their spouses, speaks very well for you - and them. My daughter and son haven't talked to their dad for many years. Sad.