Sheep Dip

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
As requested, here is my chili recipe. If anyone tries it, you will have to let me know what you think.

SHEEP DIP

(Chili Recipe Inspired by my Father, Carl Lamb)

1 lb ground pork
1 lb stew meat – cut small

Brown pork and set aside. Pour small amount of chili oil in pan and brown stew meat and set aside. Both pork and stew meat should be seasoned with Nature’s Seasoning during browning.

4 garlic cloves - minced
1/2 large yellow onion - minced or diced... I don't like big chunks of onion!

Brown garlic and onion in same pot until nicely browned. Add meat to pot when the garlic and onions are done. Stir.

Add the following ingredients to pot:

2 8oz cans of tomato sauce
2 8oz cans of water
1 can or Rotel Chili Fixins
3 tblsp chili powder
2 tblsp ground cumin
1 tblsp ground oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp red pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
generous dash of Nature’s Seasoning
1 jalapeno slitted
1 serrano pepper slitted

Stir to mix well, cover and simmer 1 ½ to 2 hours.

¼ cup of masa flour
warm water
1 can kidney or pinto beans
½ Sol beer (Sol is a great mexican beer, but use any beer you like!)
cilantro

Mix masa and enough warm water to make flowable mixture. Add to chili. Also add 1 to 2 cans of pinto or kidney beans, ½ beer, and cilantro at this time as well. Simmer 10 more minutes.

Remove slitted peppers and discard... or if you really want your butt to burn, mash em up and mix them in!

Server with your favorite corn bread and/or rice.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good one Sattie. You are making me hungry again. :D :thumb:

I think we'll try your chicken recipe first, but we will get to this one also.

I love this site. :thumb:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, be careful with this recipe.

In Texas there are 3 uses for pork products.

1. bacon

2. sausage

3. ham

The only meat you put in Chili is BEEF! :hide:

Pork in Chili and barbecue seems to originate in the east, somewhere around North and South Carolina. These folks also put mustard in their sauces and dump coleslaw over everything :confused:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Don't be hatin Jim!!!! LOL!

Feel free to omit what you like. That is what I came up with and I have made it without the ground pork. I like the layer of flavor/texture it adds plus it adds a bit of fat to the chili.

It makes a very rich sauce that is suitable (IMO) for the traditional chili which is just meat and sauce.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
You can use any variety of rotel tomatos you want... I like the chili fixins because it has chili powder and what not added. You can also try the EXTRA HOT version too... guarunteed to ward off the whimps!