Cal's Blue Cheese Dressing/Dip

Calicolady

This will keep about 1 week in the fridge.

4oz. Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola, crumbled (more if desired
3 TBSP. light cream
1/2 cup of mayo
pinch of salt
pinch of fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp mustard - I use dijon or guldens - NOT yellow
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
4 TBSP. vegetable oil

Mix together light cream and mayo and mustard with a fork. And salt and pepper. Mix. Add vinegar. Mix. Add oil and mix.
Lately, add blue cheese and mix gently so as not to break up crumbles.
Chill for at least 1 hour.
Stir gently before serving.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good one CL. I love blue cheese. I thought you were posting about the calories in it, I was half afraid to look. :yum:

Calicolady

I should mention that you can use heavy cream or 1/2 & 1/2, if that's what you have on hand. I learned by not having light cream all the time, or heavy cream either. But alway have 1/2 & 1/2

chowhound

I should mention that you can use heavy cream or 1/2 & 1/2, if that's what you have on hand. I learned by not having light cream all the time, or heavy cream either. But alway have 1/2 & 1/2

Is there a substitute if you don't have those either?
I've got milk, butter and sour cream. That's it for dairy products. Oh, and cream cheese. Otherwise, I have everything to make this today and have with my wings tonight.

Calicolady

try the sour cream for mayo-I'd do proportion to proportion, and maybe just a TBSP of milk. You don't want it to be too "watery"
The sour cream sour taste I hope doesn't detract from the cheese flavor. Maybe alittle less s.c. to start. I can't say for sure, but it won't change it too much I wouldn't think.
Let us know.

chowhound

I've got mayo, just no cream of any kind.
Aww, maybe I'll just run to the store. I want to pick up a few things for the weekend anyway.

Calicolady

I've got mayo, just no cream of any kind.
Aww, maybe I'll just run to the store. I want to pick up a few things for the weekend anyway.

Sorry Fred. I didn;t see this til now. Milk's okay, just cut it down to 2 TBSP. so it's not so "watery".

But then you've already decided, so let me know what you did. Thanks.

chowhound

I was just going to pick some cream up, but I never made it to the store yesterday. It kept getting nastier and nastier here.
I'll let you know when I make it.