EGGS BENEDICT

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
EGGS BENEDICT
4 egg yolks
1/2 lb. lightly salted butter (at room temperature)
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. water
Dash of Tabasco sauce
3 T. white vinegar
Dash of salt
4 eggs
4 English muffins
4 slices ham or Canadian bacon
Dash of paprika

Prepare sauce first by beating egg yolks with a wire whisk in a double boiler. Over
low heat add pieces of butter a little at a time, beating until dissolved. After all
butter has been combined, add lemon juice and water. Raise heat to almost
boiling, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thickened. Add a dash of
Tabasco sauce.
Next, prepare eggs. Experiment with egg first. Into a large boiler put 6 inches of
water, vinegar and salt. Heat water until just boiling. Stir water and ease egg into
water. Cook for 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 minutes. Keep water swirling. Remove eggs with a
slotted spoon. Toast muffins; top with ham or Canadian bacon; toast again. Add
egg, sauce and paprika to toasted muffin.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Mmmm I love eggs benedict!! Never heard of the tabasco, gives it a little kick huh?
One trick I use on the eggs, since I need them completely cook to eat em, is to use an empty tuna can with the bottom removed, then crack the egg into that and break the yolk or leave it intact if you like it that way. Once it has stiffened up you can use a knife to break it away from the tin and remove the tin. Then it is easy to flip and cook the other side.
Works pretty good and you get a round egg that fits neatly on the muffin. Also works for making your own McMuffins, LOL.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Never heard of the tabasco, gives it a little kick huh?

:tiphat:pepper sauce in one manifestation or another seems to creep into a big chunk of my cooking lately..............

sauce005.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Good Morning Calico--------

Did you catch the "American Gothic" rip-off on the meat sauce ??

Down the side of that bottle, I mention how this sauce makes old meat "taste fresh-killed, and removes the embarrasin' taste of tarmac and tire-tread...'

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Hey LT~
I am glad to know this recipe is here! Sharon's Favorite too.
Right now Sharon is joining our weight reduction efforts.
I'll reward her when she goes off the diet with this and breakfast in bed.

AllenOK

I was taught to always add a little Tabasco (or similar product) to Hollandaise sauce. The heat from the peppers helps to cut the "fatty" taste of the egg yolks and butter.