Sunday Special - Back to the Movies

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sunday Special - Back to the Movies

1. Sweet Apple, Ohio teenager Kim McAffee wins a "Biggest Fan" contest; first prize-
she gets to appear on The Ed Sullivan Show, where she will be crooned to by an Elvis-
like heart-throb and receive a "last kiss" before he heads for Boot Camp.....
2. Peter Sellers played three different roles in this one; Captain Lionel Mandrake,
President Merkin Muffley, and the title character.....
3. Cleopatra stars "Liz and Dick" reunited on the big screen for this adaptation of an
Edward Albee play....
4. "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain..."
5. A 1963 comedy where-in Milton Berle, Phil Silvers, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett and
Jonathon Winters, among others, are all rushing to beat everyone else the treasure that's
buried "under the big "W".....
6. "Oddjob" is a baddie in this one; he uses a steel-rimmed Bowler hat as a weapon...
7. Jackie Gleason was nominated for only one Oscar-a "Best Supporting Role" effort in
this 1961 drama...
8. This 1963 Bio-Epic took home seven Oscars, but Peter O'Toole did not win best
actor....
9. ...."What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
10. Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda star as a widow with eight children and a widower with
ten who try to knit as a family....
11. Ratso Rizzo and Joe buck become unlikely best-buds in this 1969 tragic tale...
12. Robert Preston plays con man Harold Hill in this Hollywood version of a Broadway
hit...
13. Jeff Goldblum gives a wordless performance as a tricycle-riding magician in this
1975 Robert Altman film....
14. This 1969 Sydney Pollack film starred Jane Fonda and Gig Young, among others, and
focused on a group of disparate characters trying to win a depression-era dance
marathon...
15. Joe Pendleton (Warren Beatty) was a Pro Football quarterback before he died and
came back in the body of a millionaire....
16. Nicole Kidman starred as the unsuspecting new housewife Joanna Eberhart in the
recent remake of the 1975 film in which Katherine Ross played the role....
17. This 1970's cult classic ends with the line, "I was cured, all right !!"....
18. This Bette Midler flick was loosely based on the short life of Janis Joplin....
19. Woody Allen is Fielding Mellish, a Nebbish who falls in love with a political activist.
20. Peter sellers is Harold Fine, a self-described "square" lawyer who falls in love with a
hippie and decides to "drop out" himself....

1. Bye-Bye Birdie
2. Dr. Strangelove
3. Who's afraid of Virginia woolf ?
4. My Fair Lady
5. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
6. Goldfinger
7. The Hustler
8. Lawrence of Arabia
9. Cool Hand Luke
10. Yours, Mine and Ours
11. Midnight Cowboy
12. The Music Man