What Are Your Hobbies/Interests?

Leni

I love to garden. I have 54 roses, also veggi and herb gardens. I sew, knit and crochet. At 6' tall and 135 lbs I had to make my own clothes. No tall girl shops when I was growing up. I love to read and always have at least one book that I am reading.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Fun times, Joe. :)

How often does the group get together?

The local posse meets once a month but this is spring to fall. This was the last meet till next spring however their is a thing in December hosted by us which is like a Christmas party from my understanding. This is my first season of actually participating with them. We will also be hosting the National Convention in March of 2012 just outside of Louisville, Kentucky.

Saliha

My other hobbies than cooking and baking are gardening and knitting. I got new camera (finally), so I can show some of my works here:

sweater with white deers and snowflakes:

xx098wyyxoe0.jpg

sweater with autumn leaves and apple tree:

ku1d0l295c3c.jpg

poncho sweater:

jlrr5y1pzjpb.jpg

socks:

ff0kr3iifeps.jpg

mittens:

349w4ts129u6.jpg

Now I am working with grandma squares:

uz0i7aswfaaf.jpg

:D

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice work Saliha! Those sweaters look pretty complicated.

I have never been a knitter. I do like to sew, just not clothes. I like sewing home projects like bedskirts, pillow shams, curtains, etc.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am very impressed with your knitting, Saliha! Those sweaters look very complex!

Lovely!

Lee

Saliha

While a little pause of knitting, I tried crocheting. Here are some of my latest works:

poncho
d5u8abbnau4p.jpg

woolen jacket (sleeves are still in preparation)
7prgbw8etjez.jpg

woolen slippers
wiglgo4ineza.jpg

Saliha

During the spring and summer I have prepared for the next winter:

9cTQLIV.jpg

Here is maybe half of the socks and mittens I have made. And more is coming... It´s nice hobby while watching TV.

Saliha

Now my new interest is knit wool hats. Cold weather here, you see. Some are ready:

IebPRso.jpg

Woolen hood is almost ready too:

J7jqzQg.jpg

K

Kimchee

Ghost hunting, writing a zombie apocalypse novel, and science.
Yup, I'm a geeky nerd.. or a nerdy geek, not sure which.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Saliha, what do you do with all those beautifully knitted articles??

Do you save some for yourself and give the rest away to family and friends? Do you sell any? Do you donate some?

How do you wash those socks? I LOVE the socks!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ghost hunting.

Very interesting to me, Kimchee. One of my best friends was in training with a group of ghost hunters (paranormal investigators) and she loved it.

Please tell us more about what you do!

Lee

Saliha

Saliha, what do you do with all those beautifully knitted articles??

Do you save some for yourself and give the rest away to family and friends? Do you sell any? Do you donate some?

How do you wash those socks? I LOVE the socks!

Lee

Some I keep and my family and friends get those too. Some I send to my friends abroad as gifts. :wink: You might to be on my posting list, if you are interesting. Let me know. Last time I sended socks to my friend in India.

Hand wash only. Or its possible that after machine washing socks are so tiny that some doll can has them.

Toxic_Cupcakes

I am a major geek, so my main hobbies and fun time are table top games, video games, D&D, Paranormal kinda stuff, and reading horror stories.

I would want to get into DIY stuff involving casting but a forge is pricy and i dont have any safe place to do it. (I live in an apartment)

I used to write (or try writing) But all my stuff was bad i think. (Used to do mlp fanfics but those bombed.)