Redneck Ninja Training Video

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Have y'all seen this? It's the funniest thing ever! You have to watch it a couple of times cuz this old boy has a very thick drawl that's hard to decipher.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2iuvAZ82a0[/ame]

buckytom

Grill Master
i've gotta work on my judy chop right yonder.

i want to live in a place where people speak with a drawl like that. at least it's english.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
You need to come to Kentucky too. Not always sure what they are saying but it is fun guessing sometimes.

buckytom

Grill Master
my (p.o.s.) bil lives in the wilds of western virginia. i love to hear his wife say things like umbrella. it ends up with an extra syllable.

i remember visiting them a number of years ago, and we stopped in to a local's cabin to borrow his phone when dw locked my keys in the car.

the old timer that lived there got to a talkin' with dw's brother about some common relatives (i think they were all related), and he said , "oh, he been gown. he been lown gown".

translation: he died. he died a long time ago.

lol.

Wart

Banned
That is also true of Kentucky, Alabama and Mississippi. :yum:

Two punch lines:

But Pa, I'm tired of walking up the ridge to see Bobby Jo when Sis is right here ..

And

What Boy? Shes a Virgin?? Don't blame you for leaving her on the Honeymoon, Hell, if she's not good enough for Her family she aint good enough for Ours neither!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Funny but true, I have actually had people here introduce their husbands/wives as sister wife and brother husband. It really isn't far from the truth in some of the whistle stop places here in Kentucky.

Last edited:
K

Kimchee

Raytch hear in Nawth Carrylina, this done happened, no lie:

My then-significant other's daughter was in a spelling bee.
Her word was AMBULANCE.

She done went to spelling it dint miss not a letter, I'm tellin ya true!
A-M-B-U-L-A-N-C-E

AMBLANCE! The AMBLANCE came when the Chimley fell on my brother. AMBLANCE.

Down here none of us worry about getting hurt, because we know:

THERE AIN'T NO "U" IN AMBULANCE.

Wart

Banned
Funny but true, I have actually had people here introduce their husbands/wives as sister wife and brother husband. It really isn't far from the truth in some of the whistle stop places here in Kentucky.

So I wasn't hallucinating when he introduced his wife, daughter and niece and there was only one female with him?

I thought i was losing it. Maybe not.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Probably an echo in your head or they are all the same person with different titles. :whistling:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Lots of people down south call their spouses "sister" and "brother". I never really thought about it before because I grew up hearing it but now that y'all mention it, it is weird. I thought it stemmed from this being the Bible Belt and people calling everyone sister and brother at church, but maybe I was wrong! LOL

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes I've heard men refer to their wife as sister but not sister wife as well as the reverse, brother husband. :whistling:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Both sets of my Grandparents were from the south.
Grampa on Mom's side used to call Grams "Mom".. I rarely ever heard him call her Norma!

Yeah Terry, Grams and Granpa (Mom's side of the family) belonged to this church (Pilgrim Holiness -almost like mennonites in dress code and belief) where they all referred to each other as sister and brother, even in public at non-church events.
We used to go to that church in the summers as kids. Very strange, and a nice break away from Catholicism for a month or so lol

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I knew we connected, Sass! Hell - maybe we're related! That's what my Louisiana grandparents called each other - Mother and Father. I thought it was funny when I was a kid. And you're right - they called pretty much everyone brother and sister all the time.

Meme4251

LOL...Terry.......I really don't notice it as much down here where I've been born and raised but when I use to live in East Tx. for about a year, man, you talk about a different breed....My mom and dad had a lake house several years ago at Lakeway and every time we were visiting up there, you noticed the same kind when we stopped in New Braunsfel for something. Cedar Choppers if you know what I am talking about and sure you do.....................:whistle:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lots of people down south call their spouses "sister" and "brother". I never really thought about it before because I grew up hearing it but now that y'all mention it, it is weird. I thought it stemmed from this being the Bible Belt and people calling everyone sister and brother at church, but maybe I was wrong! LOL

I've never heard that in my whooolllleee life. :mrgreen: And, lol, I had to google "cedar chopper" :unsure:.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We belonged to a church, for a very short time, that used the Brother Sister thing for everyone and every occasion. So yea, constantly heard stuff like "Brother Husband" and "Sister Wife".
We left cause they had no appreciation for my sense of humor when I introduced them to my "brother brother" and my "sister sister" to whom it was OK to sometimes also refer to as "The Twisted Sister".

Anyway, he never answers the question of when you know someone needs ninja-in and when they don't??