Prime Rib on the Grill - Just too Easy and soooo good

GrillinFool

13.JPG

17.JPG

Prime Rib!?!?! Yeah, I know it's expensive but it's so easy to do. My dad has this down to a science. He did one last Saturday and, of course being a relative of mine, photographed the entire process from start to finish.

If you want to read the write up with all the pics, click here

GrillinFool

Quite a process. Use of the thermometer helps though.

Although it seems like it in the post that dad did, he never does. He would've left it on for another 30 if the Rissotto was not done yet. Considering that Rissotto has to be stirred for 30 minutes straight, it wasn't his call. It was a little underdone for him. It would;ve been perfect for me!!!

High Cheese

Saucier
Looks good. I'd like to try that on the grill once. The last one I made was Christmas dinner '07 I believe....an 8 rib prime rib roast. I barely fit it into my oven. One thing I learned was to over season the outside of the roast for a nice crust. You have to seriously overcook one of those to mess it up.

GrillinFool

Looks good. I'd like to try that on the grill once. The last one I made was Christmas dinner '07 I believe....an 8 rib prime rib roast. I barely fit it into my oven. One thing I learned was to over season the outside of the roast for a nice crust. You have to seriously overcook one of those to mess it up.

Lots of salt too. I put more salt on the outside of a PR than just about anything. Very little surface:meat ration so the crust needs to be loaded with flavor. Cutting slits into it and adding slivers of garlic helps increase the flavor a lot as well

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
WOW, does that ever look good!!!!!!!
Good post!!!!! :thumb: :D :beer:

High Cheese

Saucier
Lots of salt too. I put more salt on the outside of a PR than just about anything. Very little surface:meat ration so the crust needs to be loaded with flavor. Cutting slits into it and adding slivers of garlic helps increase the flavor a lot as well

lol..yeah "over season" means alot of salt and pepper. :wink:

I did the garlic once, a Flay recipe, came out pretty good. Something like: Garlic Prime Rib with Red Wine Jus.