Corn-Black Bean Salad

simplicity

This salad is refreshing and great with grilled meat, fish or quesadillas. Chill for several hours before serving.

4 cups cooked black beans
2 cups canned or frozen corn
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 purple onion, chopped
Fresh jalapeno to taste
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup minced cilantro or parsley
Chopped avocados and tomatoes - amounts - your choice

Combine beans, corn bell pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeno. If canned beans are used, rinse and drain.

Dressing
2 cloves minces garlic
1/2 to 3/4 cup vinaigrette dressing
Juice of 1 small lime

Prepare dressing. Add dressing to vegetables. Chill for several hours.
Just before serving add tomatoes and avocados.

Makes about 8 cups.

GrantsKat

I have some dry black beans i was planning on making tomorrow & this is the recipe Im gonna use!
Thank you!!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
This is almost too funny as I had this for breakfast today, except mine did not have corn in it! Sounds like a great recipe to try!!!

simplicity

sattie, you must eat breakfast like me, often a little unusual, but it serves the purpose. This morning I had a cheese and bean burrito, along with a slice of watermelon, not everyone's cup of tea, but it gave me enough energy to spend a couple of hours doing yard work.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I'm not a typical breakfast eater, I usually go with what sounds good. And for me, well, chips and dip is good for breakfast, sometimes I will slice up a tomato and eat that... I'm weird!

GrantsKat

I'm not a typical breakfast eater, I usually go with what sounds good. And for me, well, chips and dip is good for breakfast, sometimes I will slice up a tomato and eat that... I'm weird!

Not weird at all!! Ive been known to eat a bbq pulled pork sammie for breakfast among other non-breakfast foods!!;)

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Oh yea... then you guys are invited to come eat breakfast with me!!! I'm not feeling so strange anymore! I wished I could give you guys karma... but I'm out right now!

pugger

sattie, you must eat breakfast like me, often a little unusual, but it serves the purpose. This morning I had a cheese and bean burrito, along with a slice of watermelon, not everyone's cup of tea, but it gave me enough energy to spend a couple of hours doing yard work.
So that's what it takes to get results - I never tried that before yard work. :idea: - I don't think DW will go for it, though.