What's Cooking Sun. 4/20/14 to Sat. 4/26/14?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had colored eggs and Italian Easter Meat Pie (Pizzagaina) for breakfast

(I didn't take new pictures but here are some pictures I have with my recipes. They usually always look the same. LOL)

040812_meat_pie_P1090457.jpg

040812_meat_pie_slice_P1090459.jpg

Dinner will be stuffed mushrooms, smoked ham shank, asparagus, mashed potato, baked sweet potato and garlic bread.

Dessert will be cheesecake with cherry topping.

040812_cheesecake_P1090465.jpg

042411_cheesecake_slice_cherries.jpg

Last edited:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I have a rolled shoulder of lamb roasting in the oven with red onions, sweet potato and carrots. This a lamb joint that I boned & rolled on a recent butchery course.

rocket_j_dawg

Tried a new brisket recipe tonight. Another keeper. Served it with fries and coleslaw with my homemade dressing.

photo10_zpsd4b9e59f.jpg

Last edited:

Embryodad

Yesterday was just pickin from leftovers from the Easter dinner Sunday.
Today I have visions of a nice hamburger with fried onions for the woman, and a thick slice of sweet onion for mine.
Tina said,"Whatta we gonna do with the ham?"
I said, "I'll tie it to a chain, and hang it from the ceiling over the table, and we could hack at it with our own personal knives!"

A jar of mustard, and a loaf of bread, and I would be very happy! Oh! ( Forgot), a few cold brews too!

Embryodad

Tonight we had nothing. Tina picked up a burger at her uncles in South Jersey, and I nibbled on the leftover half she couldn't eat.

It was like eating a burger with a bun made of fiberglass building insulation. lol

The bun was so dry and thick, it sucked all the juice out of the burger.

Oh well....I say, some day's you eat the bear, and some day's, the bear eats you! :yum:

I finished filling with two doughnuts

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Big Ol' Salad with romaine, red onion, Cajun turkey breast, cucumber, kalamata olives, chopped egg, avocado:

LoadedSalad.jpg

Embryodad

The fish ( breaded haddock ) came out great.I dredged them in corn flour, and then in egg and cream mixture, and then in bread crumbs with a hand full or corn meal added.

Tina fried sauerkraut with onions and pepper to eat with the perogi.