Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix

Cooksie

Site Supporter
HomemadeRanchSeasoningMix-1.jpg

To 1/3 cup dry buttermilk (I used SaCo Cultured Buttermilk Blend which can be found at WalMart.), add the following dried spices:

2 T parsley
1 ½ t dill weed
2 t garlic powder
2 t onion powder
2 t dried onion flakes
1 t black pepper
1 t chives
1 t salt (or to taste)

To make Ranch Salad Dressing, combine:

1 T seasoning mix
1/3 c mayonnaise
Milk – Start with two tablespoons and add until you get the consistency that you want. Three should be about right for me.

Once you open the cultured buttermilk powder, it has to be refrigerated, so this dry seasoning mix should also be stored in the refrigerator.

I had some last night and think it tastes a lot like the real thing. I think I'll try sprinkling it on some potato chunks, giving them a drizzle of olive oil, and then roasting.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yum, cooksie, & TY. I have looked @ cans of buttermilk again & again on baking aisles, trying to figure how to use a container. got a solution, now. yum.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've used that as powdered butter milk for baking. Hah!!

Since I don't drink butter milk, it ends up spoiling if I don't use it soon. :neutral:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't drink buttermilk either, just don't like it by itself. I read somewhere how long the mix will keep in the refrigerator, maybe 6 months, but I'm not sure. I'm sure I'll use mine up making the dressing, and I'm going to try some Ranch dip too.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if all the spices/herbs are dried?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
HomemadeRanchSeasoningMix-1.jpg

To 1/3 cup dry buttermilk (I used SaCo Cultured Buttermilk Blend which can be found at WalMart.), add the following dried spices:

2 T parsley
1 ½ t dill weed
2 t garlic powder
2 t onion powder
2 t dried onion flakes
1 t black pepper
1 t chives
1 t salt (or to taste)

To make Ranch Salad Dressing, combine:

1 T seasoning mix
1/3 c mayonnaise
Milk – Start with two tablespoons and add until you get the consistency that you want. Three should be about right for me.

Once you open the cultured buttermilk powder, it has to be refrigerated, so this dry seasoning mix should also be stored in the refrigerator.

I had some last night and think it tastes a lot like the real thing. I think I'll try sprinkling it on some potato chunks, giving them a drizzle of olive oil, and then roasting.
:wow:
Peep, see direction in Cooksie's post, highlighted in red above.

Lee