ISO blue potato chips

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was watching a Dr. Oz show the other day and he said that blue potato chips were a FAR better snack than regular chips.

Went to my huge supermarket today, looking for them, and all I could find were blue tortilla chips.

Anyone ever try blue potato chips? Did you have to get them at a specialty store?

Lee

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
It's just potato chips, really. A lot of heirloom potatoes, SPECIFICALLY the South American ones(where Potatoes are from) are many colors, it's just that we have bred the color out of them to make them more desirable.

IIRC, they are just higher in antioxidants.

If your local store has a "Health Food" section, they may be there. Also, Terra Chips has a variety of Blue Russet, Pinks, and Sweet potato that make for a funky looking mix. they are pretty readily available.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I searched his site Lee.
Boy this sounds good using those blue chips

-----
Skinny Dip & Chips

The black pepper and hot sauce kick your metabolism up a notch. The Greek yogurt and walnuts are full of protein that'll help you stay fuller for longer.

Ingredients

For the dip:
1/2 cup of 2% Greek yogurt
1 tsp walnuts
Garlic
Black pepper
1 tsp hot sauce

What to dip:
1/2 oz blue potato chips (8 chips)
1 cup cherry tomatoes

Directions
Mix all dip components. Enjoy the dip with 8 blue potato chips and the cherry tomatoes.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-snack-attack-eat-more-and-weigh-less?page=3

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i've gotten 'em before. the blend of chips ralph was speaking of, too. i just got 'em both @ either a regular 'iggle or a market district one. the blue ones, i think, were in the health food section years ago.
they were thicker & slightly sweeter than regular chips. the others i see in various sections. called 'em. yep, terra makes 'em, the ones they stock here. he says they're on the regular chip aisle.
my dietician used to say a chip is a chip. dunno. they're prettier than the same 'ol, same 'ol, anyhow. as ralph mentioned, it's antioxidants.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I searched his site Lee.
Boy this sounds good using those blue chips

-----
Skinny Dip & Chips
The black pepper and hot sauce kick your metabolism up a notch. The Greek yogurt and walnuts are full of protein that'll help you stay fuller for longer.

Ingredients

For the dip:
1/2 cup of 2% Greek yogurt
1 tsp walnuts
Garlic
Black pepper
1 tsp hot sauce

What to dip:
1/2 oz blue potato chips (8 chips)
1 cup cherry tomatoes

Directions
Mix all dip components. Enjoy the dip with 8 blue potato chips and the cherry tomatoes.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-snack-attack-eat-more-and-weigh-less?page=3

YES, Sass! that's the dip I saw him make, and the link to the chips was a good one, too! They are what I'm looking for!

Thank you!

Lee