Whats cooking Saturday July 18, 2009?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Hey K;
How in the heck do you get all of the extraeneous bullcrap out of your pics ?

I'd love to be able to clean up my photos like that !
:a1:

It's pretty easy. First take your picture and then download to your PC. I then open the picture with Irfanview, a free photo viewer.

http://www.irfanview.com/

My camera takes pics that are way to large to post here, so I Zoom Out 4 times with Irfanview. Then hit Alt+Print Screen (PrtScr). This will take a snapshot of the active window (Irfanview at that time).

Now open PaintBrush (free drawing program in Windows). Next paste the snapshot you just grabbed. Now use the cropping tool to outline the area of the photo you want to grab. Copy that. Start a new file in Paintbrush. Paste the crop you just did. Then save it. Done.

It sounds like a lot of work, but you get used to it. Using Hotkey shortcuts, I can do that in about 20 seconds.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It's pretty easy. First take your picture and then download to your PC. I then open the picture with Irfanview, a free photo viewer.

http://www.irfanview.com/

My camera takes pics that are way to large to post here, so I Zoom Out 4 times with Irfanview. Then hit Alt+Print Screen (PrtScr). This will take a snapshot of the active window (Irfanview at that time).

Now open PaintBrush (free drawing program in Windows). Next paste the snapshot you just grabbed. Now use the cropping tool to outline the area of the photo you want to grab. Copy that. Start a new file in Paintbrush. Paste the crop you just did. Then save it. Done.

It sounds like a lot of work, but you get used to it. Using Hotkey shortcuts, I can do that in about 20 seconds.
show off!! :whistling::yum: so you free hand outline the pic? my hand ain't that steady!! i use paint shop pro for pic editing because i used that for work when uploading product to the site. but i never had to free hand crop.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
show off!! :whistling::yum: so you free hand outline the pic? my hand ain't that steady!! i use paint shop pro for pic editing because i used that for work when uploading product to the site. but i never had to free hand crop.

Not usually. Paintbrush has a freehand and a geometric cropper (draws a square or rectangle). I use the geometric most often! :wink:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Not usually. Paintbrush has a freehand and a geometric cropper (draws a square or rectangle). I use the geometric most often! :wink:
yup i use the square also and make sure my background and foreground is set to white. but i don't paste it into a new image.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
this thread now resembles a really fun, raucus pot luck with good food, good friends and good talk!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Boy, I'll bet if somebody created a little tutorial on this, maybe with screenshots, that somebody would probably get a lot of karma. I'm just sayin'.

joec

Gold Site Supporter

Actually as a big user of Paint Shop Pro you do have a free hand cropping but using the selection too then on the menu you can pick crop to selection. PSP also has a regular crop tool that works for me most of the time. Once you have it set you can change any of the 4 sides or all sides but placing the cursor and dragging the out line. Been using PSP since the first DOS version came out and stopped at version 9 which I still run. I actually paint in PSP using everything from 3.1 on through the years.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
shell steak seasoned with my house spice mix grilled on CI stovetop grill, potatoes and onions pan fried (in CI skillet) with bacon fat and herb infused olive oil (thyme, oregano, basil and garlic) salt, pepper and spinach with butter.

shell_steak_potatoes_spinach_071809_P1030522.JPG

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have been inspired by Mr. Green Jeans. I have everything, so it looks like a low country boil/frogmore stew dinner here. I'm only cooking for two, so I think I'll just use shrimp, corn, and sausage. Lol--we'll see what falls out of the pot.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
shell steak seasoned with my house spice mix grilled on CI stovetop grill, potatoes and onions pan fried (in CI skillet) with bacon fat and herb infused olive oil (thyme, oregano, basil and garlic) salt, pepper and spinach with butter.

shell_steak_potatoes_spinach_071809_P1030522.JPG

Looks good, lilbopeep. I think that steak is what we call a NY strip. That's one reason I love this place, learn something new every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks good, lilbopeep. I think that steak is what we call a NY strip. That's one reason I love this place, learn something new every day.
thank you!! yup it is a NY strip!! the package said shell so thats what i posted as. it's whacky here one day they label them NY strip and the next day they label them shell!! i love these steaks.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Where's Chow with the frog legs????? I was looking forward to a few pic's. Maybe he broke down cuz he tried to load too many on the back of the bike, and they don't know how "to lean". :motorcycle: No telling how many times I have been told that I have "to lean" :ermm: when riding on the back of a bike. Think we might need a search party:driving:.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
LOL!!! That is fabulous, Green Jeans! There are a few restaurants here that specialize in Dump Dinners (they don't call them that, tho), but yours looks soooo much better!