The Roving Apron Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Re: The Traveling Apron

In my opinion, I see the 'list' as a way of being fair. I signed people up in the order in which they expressed interest in participating. Let's assume joeblow from windy city was number 1 on the list, and there are 20 people who have signed up to receive it. Joe is done and makes a post at noon on Tuesday that he's done. Wile E Coyote happens to be able to hang around lots during the day, sees the post and says, sure, he wants it. He isn't actually on the list, but he responded first. Then, Polly Purebread, who was the third person to express interest in getting the apron finally gets home from work, logs on and sees she missed her chance. Wile E finally finishes with it, and because he likes to stay up till midnight, posts then that he's done, and who wants it next. By now, the site has 12 new members and they all want to play, plus the original 20 who initially signed up. Since it's yesterday in Japan, Mao Pao is the only one logged on, and she wants it. She gets it... Polly Purebread, who's been on the list for a month now has no idea how she'll ever actually manage to participate because it's a free for all. No fairness of waiting your turn which comes with the anticipation of watching your name move up the list. Just endless missed opportunities which could eventually lead to resentment.

Since Doc has the apron, it only makes sense that he take the first picture and send it on. There is currently a list in place. This little project is never really going to get off the ground if we cannot agree to just go with the list in the order it's written. I don't see why people in England have to wait till the US is finished with it. They post just as much as we do. Seemed like we agreed two days ago to go with the list.
As Keltin suggested, alert the media when you get the apron, alert the media when you post your picture, and alert the media that you are ready to ship it out. When you receive the apron, you should alert the next person on the list to get ready and to supply you a mailing address. This also gives them time to respond. Not everyone logs on every day. By the time you are done, you should have received an address and the green light to send it. If the next perons does not respond with an address or a green light, send it to the next person. If you are not in a position to mail it across the pond, ask me to move you to the bottom of the list; and you can begin anticipating your turn again.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I'm just trying to help out here. But, I keep getting the feeling that I'm overstepping my authority here by hoping you'll just take your turn as you requested participation. I don't want to say I'll take my list and go home...but if I'm the only person who thinks waiting your turn and knowing when your turn is coming up and not having to continually watch the thread in the hopes of raising your hand first the next time it comes around is a good idea, so be it.

Honestly, you have to decide how you want this to play out. But, once it is decided, even if you think you've got a better plan, forever hold your peace, please.:kiss:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter

If by all means your neighbor is on the list, and he can do a picture, in your time frame,"Why Not" But it is up to you to mail it to the next person on the list. If your #5, and your neighbor is #10. Let #10 take a picture, Still up to #5 to send it to #6!
There we go clear as Mud!

chowhound

If by all means your neighbor is on the list, and he can do a picture, in your time frame,"Why Not" But it is up to you to mail it to the next person on the list. If your #5, and your neighbor is #10. Let #10 take a picture, Still up to #5 to send it to #6!
There we go clear as Mud!

I agree!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Well said Vera. That is how we said we would do it (by the list) and that is how it will go. I like the KISS principle. I think it applies here for the sake of us all.

As we post each pic, and send the apron on the way the next person in line should not wait to be contacted ....they should PM their address to the person above them on the list.
If the person you are sending to happens to be someone outside the US like Bams or Miniman, and the cost to send it is more than you expected you can send the apron to me and I'll send it on to them. ]

I have sold Tshirts on forums forums and found out that sending to Australia was kind of expensive but England or Canada were just a little bit more than what we pay to send anywhere in the US. What helps is to keep you package light by using an envelope instead of a box.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

AMEN! The boss has spoken...end of discussion. Let us begin moving it along. Whomever in Cleveland gets it first, we'll try to get together in one spot and shorten the list for you, thus expediting it along.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Just got word from the vendor, the aprons should be sent out TODAY!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

AMEN! The boss has spoken...end of discussion. Let us begin moving it along. Whomever in Cleveland gets it first, we'll try to get together in one spot and shorten the list for you, thus expediting it along.
To bad I don't have one of my trips to the Flats on my agenda. We could meet there and get a group photo. Maybe that could happen in the fall ...after boating season.

chowhound

So we're NOT going to go by the number list Vera has worked so hard to prove her point on, and Doc said we would go by.
Yeah, that's certainly keeping it simple.

I'm done trying to make sense. I must have missed the Kool-Aid thread.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Would anyone care for some cornbread? It's hot out of the oven with lots of butter and honey. Mmmmmmmm.

P3140550-2.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

So we're NOT going to go by the number list Vera has worked so hard to prove her point on, and Doc said we would go by.
Yeah, that's certainly keeping it simple.

I'm done trying to make sense. I must have missed the Kool-Aid thread.

Chowhound.....:beatdeadhorse5:sarcasm is clearly replacing being constructive. I'm not really sure how to respond to this, but it seems like you are making it personal. I'm not proving any point, I'm just trying to do what I was asked to do after I offered to step away. You may not like the way it's going to go, but it's kind of a done deal now, don't you think? Cannot we just let it become fun, already, please? Please?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

It’s getting to be like a bunch of guys sitting around looking at a red button. What happens if you push the button? The machine will stop. The machine will start. The machine will change gears. The world will implode. We’ll get 3 wishes. Hot coffee will spill out. Michael Jackson tunes will begin blaring. Etc, etc, etc.

Let’s just push the button and stop talking about it!

Once we mail the apron, everything will become clear after the first person (High Cheese) gets it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

this is way too intense for a friggin APRON! i mean, it'll be a very special apron.....

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Once we mail the apron, everything will become clear after the first person (High Cheese) gets it.

Exactly. It will all work out. Joe and the Cleveland folks talked of getting together earlier in the thread. That is fine. Anyone who gets the apron and is close enough to get together with any Net Cooking Talk member (on the list or not) feel free to get together for pictures and a few laughs. It's okay.
Otherwise we will follow the list. The list will grow as the apron makes it's rounds. If you are not on the list and want on it simply post here saying so.

One thing we did not discuss ......are we allowed to wear something else besides just the apron? I'l getting a little nervous at the thought of posing for a pic in just an apron. :eek: :yum: :yankchain: :D

Galvatron

One thing we did not discuss ......are we allowed to wear something else besides just the apron? I'l getting a little nervous at the thought of posing for a pic in just an apron. :eek: :yum: :yankchain: :D

Get me on the list asap...i could shock a few people as you well know Doc:yum::yum::yum:

Honest i would Love to partake:thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

please Doc put some other clothes on..from a guys perspective, i only want to see the apron no nekid man..:yum::yum::yum:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

I don't know, Doc. Don't you think any other clothing will detract from the advertising value of the NCT logo? (Unless you have an NCT tattoo on your butt or something.) I vote for the apron, and the apron only!

:lol:

buckytom

Grill Master

lol, that reminds me of a suggestion i made to an old friend (named bob) when his wife insisted on getting a tattoo on her butt, to his dismay.

i told him to suggest to get a "b" inked on each butt cheek, so when she bent over, it spelled his name.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

:yum::yum::yum:

(BTW, what's your real name, BT?)
lol, that reminds me of a suggestion i made to an old friend (named bob) when his wife insisted on getting a tattoo on her butt, to his dismay.

i told him to suggest to get a "b" inked on each butt cheek, so when she bent over, it spelled his name.

Lefty

Yank

Lets not become so anal that we can't do something good. My vote is we let it work it self out. We don't need to define all the rules ahead of time. Lets get it started and go with the flow. Too many rules or too much micro management will only hurt a good idea. Just start it, and let it fall where it may. We as a good community can adjust as we go. I love you all, but you will not all be lovable at the same time. So, lets let the management part of it go, and work the idea which is to let us enjoy our own thing. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians ruin a recipe. Lets all think of success. We can work it out as we go. :thumb:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

1. Doc
2. High Cheese
3. VeraBlue
4. Luvs
5. Miniman
6. Chowhound
7. HomeCook
8. Adillo303
9. Love2Q
10 Keltin
11. Maverick
12 RobsanX
13. SilverSage
14 TexasGirl
15 BamsBBQ
16. Mama
17BuckyTom
18JoeV
19. Fisher's Mom
20. Dandiamond
21. LuckyTrim
22. Galvatron

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

I always wanted a pair of W for the same reason! :lol:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

See, my plan was to wear it, hold a cocktail in one hand, a whip in the other, and have something italian on the table in front of me.....and maybe even some food around....:bounce:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

See, my plan was to wear it, hold a cocktail in one hand, a whip in the other, and have something italian on the table in front of me.....and maybe even some food around....:bounce:

Italian sausage???? :yum:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

Oh Vera, a girl after my own heart! I'm always up for some good Italian!

FryBoy

I have no idea what you guys are arguing about. Here's my suggestion:

Attachments

• Apron.jpg
    Apron.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 163
Status
Not open for further replies.