What are you cooking for Sunday 21 June?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It's strange not planning anything with my ex husband. This is our first fathers' day since the divorce. I invited him and his girlfriend but he declined in favour of relaxing with no plans or obligations. I'll pop over after the gym to drop off some of the cake I baked yesterday.

I'd like to grill outside, but it's raining again. :beatdeadhorse5:
Eventually, I'll make cheddar mushroom burgers, franks, grilled corn, tossed salad and thick cut french fries.

What about you???

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I did grill outside - sirloin steaks, pork chops & sausages. Served with salads & bread.
Followed by grilled bananas & ice cream.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Nothing special planned to day. We asked the kids to stay away today as they where here yesterday. Now they probably won't do it as they rarely listen to us. I would just love one weekend of quite around my place.

My wife and I had a couple of soft boiled eggs and toast for breakfast. We both just want to relax today without the phone ringing every few minutes. We also haven't decided on what we want for dinner tonight.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
#2 Son is taking me to lunch;
#1 Son is taking me to dinner;

Should be a wonderful day !

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had this for breakfast (this picture was taken last week but we had it the same way today) french toast (bread dipped in egg, milk and vanilla) topped with smidge of butter, strawberry preserves, a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar, sour cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.

french_toast_061509_P1030273.JPG

I am planning to make beef stew and homemade biscuits for dinner. but that can change at anytime without notice!!

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It's strange not planning anything with my ex husband. This is our first fathers' day since the divorce. I invited him and his girlfriend but he declined in favour of relaxing with no plans or obligations. I'll pop over after the gym to drop off some of the cake I baked yesterday.

I'd like to grill outside, but it's raining again. :beatdeadhorse5:
Eventually, I'll make cheddar mushroom burgers, franks, grilled corn, tossed salad and thick cut french fries.

What about you???
hey can i believe my eyes? the sun IS out!! have a great jersey day while it lasts.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
We had this for breakfast (this picture was taken last week but we had it the same way today)
french toast (bread dipped in egg, milk and vanilla) topped with smidge of butter, strawberry preserves, a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar, sour cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.

french_toast_061509_P1030273.JPG

I am planning to make beef stew and homemade biscuits for dinner. but that can change at anytime without notice!!

Beautiful lbp!! Hubby's been working the night shift so he's sleeping til about 2pm. I plan on grilling gorganzola stuffed burgers for later before he goes down for a nap again, lol :dizzy:

Last edited by a moderator:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beautiful lbp!! Hubby's been working the night shift so he's sleeping til about 2pm. I plan on grilling gorganzola stuffed burgers for later before he goes down for a nap again, lol :dizzy:
thank you sweets!! yum blue burgers!!

chowhound

I don't like french toast, but I could sure eat that Peeps.

I plan on making tacos for dinner. I've got the seasonings and am going to mix up a batch of Allen's Mexican seasoning he posted a while back. That's what I'll use to season the burger with.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well we decided to go with pork chops tonight with yellow rice and a spring salad. I will be roasting up some garlic for the salad dressing and some garlic bread.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I don't like french toast, but I could sure eat that Peeps.

I plan on making tacos for dinner. I've got the seasonings and am going to mix up a batch of Allen's Mexican seasoning he posted a while back. That's what I'll use to season the burger with.
thank you hound!! i am not wild about over sweet for a meal but i LOVE strawberry preserves and the sour cream balances out the sweet like a ying/yang deal. your din din sounds lovely.

post some pics.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well we decided to go with pork chops tonight with yellow rice and a spring salad. I will be roasting up some garlic for the salad dressing and some garlic bread.
oh YUMMY now i want GARLIC BREAD!! LOL

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to try you method of mixing it with the butter first. I've actually made garlic butter before but never put it on bread mostly on my steaks. I always made garlic bread by simply toasting the bread then rubbing the garlic roasted or raw on the bread while hot. I will some time follow that with a tomato slice rubbed also on to the hot bread. I usually simply use olive oil on the bread but this time will try it with the butter instead and drizzle the olive oil over that.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'm going to try you method of mixing it with the butter first. I've actually made garlic butter before but never put it on bread mostly on my steaks. I always made garlic bread by simply toasting the bread then rubbing the garlic roasted or raw on the bread while hot. I will some time follow that with a tomato slice rubbed also on to the hot bread. I usually simply use olive oil on the bread but this time will try it with the butter instead and drizzle the olive oil over that.
mix the olive oil into the butter don't drizzle it on top. when this is done the butter and oil soak into bread and the garlic, parsley and cheese is on the top and bread is nicely browned. trust me this is TNT for 25 years. i think you will be nicely rewarded if you follow the recipe once. post a pic (i need a garlic bread fix LOL) and let me know what you think of it. what butter you don't use can top veggies, remember it has cheese in it so it is versitile.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
At the moment I have Land O Lakes unsalted which I also make Ghee out of (clarified Asian style butter). It may not be the best there is but it is consistent in quality as well as being real butter.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
At the moment I have Land O Lakes unsalted which I also make Ghee out of (clarified Asian style butter). It may not be the best there is but it is consistent in quality as well as being real butter.
ok then use that and mix with other ingredients and procede. it may work out ok. let me know.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm also mixing some fresh from my garden basil about 2 leaves (large leaves). I'm letting the butter soften now as we speak with a bit of evoo and the roasted garlic. It should go with my salad dressing for the night as well. It is a basic Sherry vinegar, 2 cloves of roasted garlic, shallot, fresh basil, dijon mustard and olive oil with salt and pepper of course.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'm also mixing some fresh from my garden basil about 2 leaves (large leaves). I'm letting the butter soften now as we speak with a bit of evoo and the roasted garlic. It should go with my salad dressing for the night as well. It is a basic Sherry vinegar, 2 cloves of roasted garlic, shallot, fresh basil, dijon mustard and olive oil with salt and pepper of course.
you realize roasted garlic will completely change the flavor of your garlic butter. or is that and the other stuff for your dressing?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
well phase 1 of my stew is done. i cut a 3 1/2 lb bottom round roast into large cubes. dredged in flour with salt, fresh ground black pepper, onion and garlic powder and a smidge of cayenne. browned in butter. covered with burgundy wine, a splash of gravy master seasoning, 1 pouch of dry onion soup mix and water. simmering now.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
well phase 1 of my stew is done. i cut a 3 1/2 lb bottom round roast into large cubes. dredged in flour with salt, fresh ground black pepper, onion and garlic powder and a smidge of cayenne. browned in butter. covered with burgundy wine, a splash of gravy master seasoning, 1 pouch of dry onion soup mix and water. simmering now.

All right! I'm salivating. R U taking pictures for the grand finale? :clap:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
All right! I'm salivating. R U taking pictures for the grand finale? :clap:
thank you and hopefully i will get some pics. it has gotten hot and muggy so i think the biscuits are out, i really don't want to light the oven, i could do them in the toaster oven but i am afraid of burning them.
i just washed my baby red potatoes that will go in the stew with their jackets on and i peeled and cut the carrots into large pieces. frozen peas and pearl onions will go in for the last 3 minutes after the gravy gets a slight thickening.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
leftovers! a lobster, oysters on the half with lemon, mussels, & clams, corn, & potatoes. & yummy meatballs. we'll just pick through it.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
you realize roasted garlic will completely change the flavor of your garlic butter. or is that and the other stuff for your dressing?

Oh yes I do but then I love the taste of roasted garlic, almost like candy. :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I know alot of people serve it that way....it's just not to my liking.
OK THEN I HAVE NEVER MADE DUMPLINGS SO I WILL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT SWEETIE!! thank you.
sorry for the caps but i'm to lazy to retype that LOL

how do you think biscuits will turn out in a toaster oven? i'm thinking it is to small an area and pan will be to close to heating element for them to rise and cook before top and bottom is burned?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
leftovers! a lobster, oysters on the half with lemon, mussels, & clams, corn, & potatoes. & yummy meatballs. we'll just pick through it.

My kind of meal - makes me wish I was home in FL tonight. I'd save the meatballs for tomorrow though.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
OK THEN I HAVE NEVER MADE DUMPLINGS SO I WILL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT SWEETIE!! thank you.
sorry for the caps but i'm to lazy to retype that LOL

how do you think biscuits will turn out in a toaster oven? i'm thinking it is to small an area and pan will be to close to heating element for them to rise and cook before top and bottom is burned?

I use my Toaster Oven more than my regualr oven. We do bisuits, muffins, etc, in it all the time with no problems.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2189051

25fnfuu.jpg