Whats Cooking Sunday 7 OCT./2012 to Sat. 13 OCT. / 2012

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Maybe a combo, I was just looking at that Cincinnati Chile recipe that you posted. I've never had it that way, but I really need to try some new stuff....in a rut, in a rut :(

Embryodad

Today... 10/8/2012 Monday

Tina made a New Recipe Mac & Cheese. and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.

The top of the cheese was crispy, and Good.
I didn't like the middle. Yuck
tongue.gif
Tasted like scrambled eggs with shaving cream and cheese chunks un-melted.

Ooops! did I say Shaving Cream? It was made with Sour Cream, and it Tasted like shaving Cream.

I named the dish..."Gillette Foamy Mac & Cheese" ...

NEWMACampCHEESE005_zpsa53d9cdf.jpg

NEWMACampCHEESE008_zps3ab76bd1.jpg

NEWMACampCHEESE002_zpsd5dcafac.jpg

I told Tina, It was a good thing Christopher Columbus Didn't come to dinner!" ......

Embryodad

I did the shooting BEFORE the dinner. Yeah, I hit the target a few times. I was dialing in a new scope on a rifle with an out-of-town friend. What should have taken maybe 10-20 rounds, ended up being about 250 of punching holes in paper targets at 50 yards. Here's my friend Keith from Columbus, Georgia at the bench and my target once I got the scope dialed in.

995tstarget100712.jpg

Group looks great! .... :smile:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
much better than i was- i was loopy! blake is here, my Mom got 'im lunch. smushy food, then a grilled cheese! yeah!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
That's OK Luvs, I ate this big piece of apple pie right out of the oven with vanilla ice cream just for you! You need goals and at to work toward......:yum::yum:

Attachments

• apple pie 001.jpg
    apple pie 001.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 236

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, jimmy~ i appreciate that. yeah, i'll begin w/ simplistic baby foods, then graduate to other foods over a few. not very hungry yet, tho i slugged the juices they gave me! mm, i thank u. i've many goals- graduated recently; that was quite an accomplishment to me. then onto, namely, my career & 'at. health 1st~

Last edited:

Embryodad

That's OK Luvs, I ate this big piece of apple pie right out of the oven with vanilla ice cream just for you! You need goals and at to work toward......:yum::yum:
Mountain man,

I see you like a little pie with your Ice Cream! hahahahahahahah!!!

Looks oodgay! ....Ealyray!....

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Luvs, I meant as you move up from baby food to settle your belly. It was really good too. Dang black cat wanted to fight me for the ice cream. He is a fanatic for dairy stuff.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
much better than i was- i was loopy! blake is here, my Mom got 'im lunch. smushy food, then a grilled cheese! yeah!
Those loopies are no fun.
After one of my last ERCP's Aubrey, I was stupid enough to tell my sister I wanted to eat at IHOP after. .. because I was still loopy! haha..
Hope you feel better!

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Jimmy, Gillette Foamy Mac and Cheese..:yum:

Bill.. Mmmmm on the pie.. you Pennsylvania Dutch pig lol :D

I ended up freezer diving.

Stouffer's Meatloaf.jpg+ 4513_Jolly_Green.JPG

The end!

Embryodad

Jimmy, Gillette Foamy Mac and Cheese..:yum:

Bill.. Mmmmm on the pie.. you Pennsylvania Dutch pig lol :D

I ended up freezer diving.

View attachment 16320+ View attachment 16321

The end!
Yeah! Foamy.... I feel bad, but it wasn't Tinas fault. She just followed the recipe.
See, I told her, it lookes good on the outside, but once that inside hits the plate, the whole story changes.

She will try frying it in butter in small portions. That may help it.

It was like....like baby curdle with unmelted cheese pieces. It was sour tasting too! ....

I didn't see the recipe, but once I saw eggs being scrambled...gulp! ...I knew it wasn't right. It was more like a Quiche not fully baked and set.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Well this Pa. dutch piggie made some fried Lebanon bologna for my breakfast sandwich this morning. My gramps used to send us out to the smokehouse to cut a hunk when we were done gathering eggs. Gramma would fry it up with fresh eggs. I gave the chickens heck for only having 2 eggs this morning but they were good. Had it on 12 grain bread.

Attachments

• breakfast sammie 001.jpg
    breakfast sammie 001.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 240
  • breakfast sammie 002.jpg
    breakfast sammie 002.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 206
  • breakfast sammie 003.jpg
    breakfast sammie 003.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Wow....wonderful looking food everyone!

Peepers, I hope your DD gets to feeling better soon.

luvs, I hope you get to feeling better too so you can get out there and become the renowned chef you ought to be!

I've been cleaning and organizing the pantry and freezer the past few days and found a turkey breast so that's what I made for dinner tonight. It started out to be a fairly simple dinner but ballooned into a full fledged mini Thanksgiving dinner but DH said he's okay with it. :lol:

I could really go for a piece of that apple pie with ice cream in a little while.

Attachments

• dinner10092012.jpg
    dinner10092012.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 204

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I could eat some turkey right up Mama. As far as the pie, I will finish it off tonight with some more ice cream. Might go with chocolate peanut butter instead of vanilla.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Today... 10/8/2012 Monday

Tina made a New Recipe Mac & Cheese. and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.

The top of the cheese was crispy, and Good.
I didn't like the middle. Yuck
tongue.gif
Tasted like scrambled eggs with shaving cream and cheese chunks un-melted.

Ooops! did I say Shaving Cream? It was made with Sour Cream, and it Tasted like shaving Cream.

I named the dish..."Gillette Foamy Mac & Cheese" ...

NEWMACampCHEESE005_zpsa53d9cdf.jpg

NEWMACampCHEESE008_zps3ab76bd1.jpg

NEWMACampCHEESE002_zpsd5dcafac.jpg

I told Tina, It was a good thing Christopher Columbus Didn't come to dinner!" ......

The Mac and Cheese looks really good! I sometimes make mine that way, with the sour cream and my family goes nuts over it. Maybe she just didn't leave it in the oven long enough for the cheese to thoroughly melt.

Embryodad

Oh! It was bubbling hot and the top was well browned.

It was that new cheese she bought. It wasn't even sharp. It was not melting cheese.
I didn't see the recipe yet. I just didn't bring it up. Later....when the thing blows over.

She made it once with the cottage cheese too. We didn't like it, and it had breadcrumbs on the top. Nope! .... Not for me!

I like the kind that the cheese melts and sticks the elbows together, and they are coated with melted cheese.

Embryodad

Supper tonight was awesome!
DW made it all. She did a great job too!

Pot Roast / mashed cauliflower / roasted carrots / and Hot Fresh Rolls

POTROAST002_zpsa99d5d49.jpg

POTROAST003_zps4e009753.jpg

POTROAST004_zps527e006d.jpg

POTROAST006_zps35f51a4b.jpg

There was Gravy and corn too.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lunch - very simple beef and vegetable soup (ground beef, onions, tomatoes, V-8, beef broth, carrots, corn):

BeefandVegetableSoup.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
For those of you using photobucket, I discovered something. Once you choose your photos to download, look down at the bottom for "more options," and you can choose a size before you actually download. Y'all probably already know this, but I've been downloading them and then re-sizing :bangin: .

Embryodad

Supper / Food cooking is done for the day!

Tinamom made BBQ'd Frankfurters.

She stopped and picked up a Entenmans cake too!!!

BBQhotdogs001_zps0c3bc712.jpg

BBQhotdogs002_zps1c37d073.jpg

Easy BBQ’d Frankfurters

½ Cup Chopped Onion
2 Tbs. Brown Sugar (Dark or Light)
¼ tsp. Black Pepper
1 Cup Catsup
2 Tbs. Fat (cooking oil)
2 tsp. Vinegar
3 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
½ tsp. Prepared Mustard
½ Cup Diced Celery
¾ Cup Water
12 Frankfurters …( hot dogs )…( cut in half lengthwise )
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Place all ingredients in a Cast Iron covered pot; give a quick stir to blend …..add the frankfurters, bake in a 350°F oven for 1-½ Hr. …(or)…Crock Pot (slow cooker ) 6 Hr. on LOW.
Can do on simmer on cook top covered also…approx. 3 hrs. stirring occasionally

Serve suggestions on split top hot dog rolls // Fried potatoes or French Fries // Baked Beans.

Embryodad

Lunch - very simple beef and vegetable soup (ground beef, onions, tomatoes, V-8, beef broth, carrots, corn):

BeefandVegetableSoup.jpg

Now! That's My Cup a Soup! Delicious looking! Now I want soup like that!!
Good tip using V8 juice in the soup.

For those of you using photobucket, I discovered something. Once you choose your photos to download, look down at the bottom for "more options," and you can choose a size before you actually download. Y'all probably already know this, but I've been downloading them and then re-sizing :bangin: .

Cooksie, is that on the NEW Photobucket revamped site??

I know the older version has a download options, but I could not find it on the new format! Hmmm? I went back to the older version for now!
Thanks for the tips.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I think it's on the new photobucket version, Jimmy. The "more options" is in tiny blue letters down at the bottom of the upload box. You might just miss it if you don't have on your glasses :mrgreen: .

Embryodad

I think it's on the new photobucket version, Jimmy. The "more options" is in tiny blue letters down at the bottom of the upload box. You might just miss it if you don't have on your glasses :mrgreen: .
Thanks cooksie. I will look for it again. Thanks cooksie.