What's cooking NCT Sunday 9/30/12 - Saturday 10/6/12?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch is going to be vegetable pasta soup with warm pita bread for dipping.
Dinner.. no clue as yet.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we ordered pizza & fried mozzarella w/ marinara.

Attachments

• IMG_1270667.jpg
    IMG_1270667.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1274668.jpg
    IMG_1274668.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 182

Embryodad

we ordered pizza & fried mozzarella w/ marinara.

That Pizza Looks to be a nice Jambot pizza...eh?

He he He.. I love to save the crusts edges...and wrap them up for later or for a breakfast for dunkin in my coffee...

Not if DD is over...thats the first thing she does, is scrounge everyones crusts that they don't want.

Some pizza places make rubber needa shark teeth kinda crust. If it drys out, sometimes it's edible without pulling out a tooth, or biting ones tongue.

We had this place in town (boo hoo gone now ) that made the fried mozzarella. NOT sticks; but Hunks.

He took the 1 Lb. Ball of mooz, and cut 3/4" slices, and breaded and deep fried them. I could only eat 1 & 1/2 of them. They were colossal!...

Wierdly.... That is one thing I have never done. Made my own breaded Mozzarella sticks. Hmmm! Nowits got me tinkin!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Be careful now....don't take too big a bite, or the drippage off your chinny chin chin will chap your chin.
LOL
I can never eat soup without getting it all over my chin.

Too late!
Yup, spooned, slurped, dipped, then tipped (the bowl).
A lady can do that when she's dining alone (with a dog begging, of course!)
haha :biggrin:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy- i'm 50/50- either a pizza-crust junkie, 'er i leave the crust on my plate.
lollie, is 'at progresso soup~

Embryodad

Too late!
Yup, spooned, slurped, dipped, then tipped (the bowl).
A lady can do that when she's dining alone (with a dog begging, of course!)
haha :biggrin:
I always eat soup alone! This way I don't get yelled at by the Lady of the house.

She eats soup with a Teaspoon. I eat with a Tablespoon, and the bowl.

AND.... God forbid I should laugh! Fahgetaboutit... A nosefull of corn and beans hurts like heck.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yup Aubrey, 'tis!
Good eye! lol

i've a photographic memory, says my Mom:mrgreen:

jimmy, haha! my Dad takes his soup w/ a tbsp.

us, a tsp.. my Mom used to gripe @ my Dad fer gettin' soup on his goatee. he'd get sooooo grumpy then. im'ma ring his phone to pick on 'im fer 'dat. i'm 'da best daughter, eh~ dialing as i type.

he-he. called 'im. he's ticked. :flowers:

Last edited:

Embryodad

jimmy- i'm 50/50- either a pizza-crust junkie, 'er i leave the crust on my plate.
Oh My! That's so funny!

I had / have a cousin Antny, (anthony) that used to scrape off the cheese and sauce from his pizza slices, and with his teeth like a steam shovel, he would eat all the doughy wet surface off the pizza in little nibbles, and then throw the rest of the bottom crust and edge crust away.

My mom saw that and had a fit.

He stayed over one weekend, and my mom asked him how many eggs he wanted for breakfast. He said, Oh! I always six eggs. Mom said,"well I'll make you four first,
She made his eggs (dippy eggs ), and hey dunked his toast into all the dippy yolks & shoved the whites aside, and said..."Can I Have More?" .....

Mom said,"Waht's the matter with the rest of the eggs? He said,"I never eat them!"

Mom said," Guess what?" .... "You'll never get eggs here again!"... We Don't Waste!

Embryodad

OK.... I had a nice Tomato bacon and Swiss cheese on TRADER JOES..Yay! Texas Toast! ... Tina baby went the Paramus with her friend shopping at the container store, and they stopped at Trader Joes There.. Gorgeous Bread. Unnmmm!!
smile.gif

tomatosandwich001_zpsc3341cd8.jpg

Annnnnd!!!! Trader Joes Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread! ....Wow, it is great.
biggrin.gif

tomatosandwich003_zps29ad7cd7.jpg

Tina had bacon and Eggs with toast!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Wher's the Bread??

Looks good M Man.

BTW Which Mountain are you on?

I'm on the Bottom off Mountain Avenue. At the bottom of the mountain.

Actually..it's more like a hill in my book.
I have tried to cut down my bread consumption lately. I live on top of a mountain that flattened out by the glaciers years ago. Got all kinds of fossils in the rocks up here. We are at 1960 Ft. elevation right on the NY/Pa. border.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
By the way that pie looks like a Facebook meal around here. Those stupid games cost me some good grub around here at times. Plus they make a hell of a mess that I always end up cleaning.:oops:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
By the way that pie looks like a Facebook meal around here. Those stupid games cost me some good grub around here at times. Plus they make a hell of a mess that I always end up cleaning.:oops:
:yum:

Went downtown to Brentily's for New York strips and baked tater with my GF Roxie.

Sampled the Yuengling Oktoberfest-- meh..
Wasn't impressed.

Embryodad

I have tried to cut down my bread consumption lately. I live on top of a mountain that flattened out by the glaciers years ago. Got all kinds of fossils in the rocks up here. We are at 1960 Ft. elevation right on the NY/Pa. border.
Yeah! Fossils. There was a place just above NEPA on the NY side we went hiking and found fossils when I was in the scouts I remember Tarbell crick or road way way up there at this area anyway. I was facinated with that stuff as a kid.
I remember roping down the Archbald Pothole in PA as a kid. Then there was a cave in the side of the mountain that we would leave the beer to get cold while we went shooting with our 22's. Root beer....root beer that was.
There was a tavern I forget now, but they had great weiners with chili sauce for 29 cents each.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
8052794257_b5ca302cbc_b.jpg

My adaptation of Beef Bourguignon. . . NO Mushrooms, didn't have Pearl Onions so I caramelized my own Maui Sweets . I used Diced Tomatoes for some richness and filler, while everything stewed down. 1 Bottle of Cardinal Zinfandel, almost a quart of beef stock, dredged beet(Sirloin tips), all over Redskin Mashed Potatoes.

Yummy!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

I've been known for eating the toppings off the pizza and throwing the crust out in the yard for the birds. lol

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
OK.... I had a nice Tomato bacon and Swiss cheese on TRADER JOES..Yay! Texas Toast! ... Tina baby went the Paramus with her friend shopping at the container store, and they stopped at Trader Joes There.. Gorgeous Bread. Unnmmm!!
smile.gif

tomatosandwich001_zpsc3341cd8.jpg

Annnnnd!!!! Trader Joes Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread! ....Wow, it is great.
biggrin.gif

tomatosandwich003_zps29ad7cd7.jpg

Tina had bacon and Eggs with toast!

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm! Those look soooooooooo good!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Sampled the Yuengling Oktoberfest-- meh..
Wasn't impressed.

almost, almost bought that. was thisclose to gettin' a bottle @ the bar.
so glad blake got jager. & berenjager, mickey's, & pabst. pinnacle cookie dough vodka.

as fer food, we've gotten so far as potato w/ steak. i'll make a veggie, too. blake's half-snoozin', yet.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Early din dins here.

Followed the recipe for Veg-All Chicken Pot Pie.
Yum!

I like to cut a hole in the top of the pie before eating.
For chicken pies, I add Heinz 57.
For beef pies, ketchup or chili sauce.

2012-10-06 13-36-17.848.jpg

2012-10-06 13-37-23.663.jpg

2012-10-06 13-39-30.449.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Everything looks and sounds great!!

Jimmy - We have had the cinni swirl bread from TJ's but never tried the Texas toast. Will look for it next time I can go shopping there.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Making meat sauce for spaghetti. Having spaghetti for dinner tonight!! Taking some over for a friend to try. :fridge:

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 229

Embryodad

Everything looks and sounds great!!

Jimmy - We have had the cinni swirl bread from TJ's but never tried the Texas toast. Will look for it next time I can go shopping there.
Yeah! That TJ's was a treat for the girls. We don't have one close by us.
Closest is in Florham Park. 55 minutes No Traffic.
Luckily DW has good eye's for spotting stores while she drives.
She said there was a bit of traffic on 17. Ha Ha ha .... I said,"When isn't there?"