What's Cooking NCT - Sunday, 9-16-12 to Saturday, 9-22-12

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm plan on making some Buffalo Chicken Soup tonight. I've never had it, but it sure sounds good.

What's on your menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Breakfast was - Grilled ham (imported deli, sliced thin, pan fried first), american and swiss cheese on bakery seeded rye bread.

Dinner will be beef, bean and cheese enchiladas, mexican rice and guacamole.

Cooksie your soup sounds interesting.

I plan on making your sausage, kale and beans soup soon.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I hope it's good. All the pictures make it look so rich and creamy. I'm still looking around at recipes.

Embryodad

Mixed up a batch of meatball mix last night.

Just got through rolling / shaping / and frying them up.
They will be out for a while for picking and noshing on as finger food!

Whatever else is in the plans, is so far in nothing land.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mixed up a batch of meatball mix last night.

Just got through rolling / shaping / and frying them up.
They will be out for a while for picking and noshing on as finger food!

Whatever else is in the plans, is so far in nothing land.
Sounds good Jimmy. BUT rolling and shaping? Use a disher/ice cream scoop - uniform so they all cook at the same speed and a lot quicker and easier to make.

Embryodad

Sounds good Jimmy. BUT rolling and shaping? Use a disher/ice cream scoop - uniform so they all cook at the same speed and a lot quicker and easier to make.
Thanks peep.

Been using a baller / scooper for years. Ha Ha ...the one I used is an old old one not seen anymore. It's my favorite, and has made thousands upon thousands of meatballs over the years. One of my particularities, is that the meatballs are exactly the same size.
It's funny you mentioned that; because I took a snapshot of the scooper as I shoveled into the meat mix.

Geeze. Ya got any good numbers we should play??

Embryodad

Fried meat balls for munching on as finger food....

cfd8494c.jpg

ed78d681.jpg

f4aac938.jpg

And a few stuffed shells. Sams Club made them in the frozen food section.
We had them before, and they were really great tasting.

df0ba0a4.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
YUM Jimmy!!

Sunday 9/16/12
We had a Mexican dinner – Beef, bean and cheese enchilada and Mexican rice

091612_mexican_dinner_P1090573.jpg

Newnork1978

I made my grandma's Corn Chowder for dinner tonight (er, Sunday night). It was a huge success...Not that I was surprised, I've made it many times before, but this time DD ate some and enjoyed it. She's usually not a big fan of soups (unless they are imaginary, and she's cooking it), but she gave the chowder a shot and wasn't disappointed. Also, invited a friend of ours over to have dinner with us, and he went home with two containers of chowder to see him through the week...He doesn't cook much, and so a week's worth of home-cooked food might do him some good. :chef:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The meals for today and tomorrow will be:

Replay of last nights enchilada and rice with guacamole added.

OR

Eggs in some fashion (omelet, over easy, poached or scrambled). With breakfast sausage or bacon, fried red potatoes and onion and toast or biscuits. If omelet they may be ham and cheese (swiss and/or American) or western.

Not sure which it will be till later.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Those meatballs look delicious, Jimmy.
Peeps, as always your food looks fantastic,colourful and MMMmmm ;)

Embryodad

Those meatballs look delicious, Jimmy.
Peeps, as always your food looks fantastic,colourful and MMMmmm ;)
Thanks Sass....

There are some in the fridge in a container. Everytime I visit Mr. Fridge....he says,"Grab a meatball !"
Nyum Nyum Nyum!!!
DD came over this morning...first thing was ....a grab a ball for breakfast.

The cats have their treats..... and the meatballs are our treats! LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Sass....

There are some in the fridge in a container. Everytime I visit Mr. Fridge....he says,"Grab a meatball !"
Nyum Nyum Nyum!!!
DD came over this morning...first thing was ....a grab a ball for breakfast.

The cats have their treats..... and the meatballs are our treats! LOL
Breakfast meatballs!! YUM

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
peep...
I used to fry up a couple batches to take to work. On the drive to the job, I would nosh on a few. Coffee break...a few more. on the drive home from the workday...finish em up. LOL
:applause: Sounds great!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I have not cooked in days...sure hope I don't forget how to do it. :brows: Today was no different. I worked on the bathroom all day, so cooking was out of the picture since I didn't get done till after 4 pm.. Soooooooo, I went up to the Slovenian carry out joint and got Hungarian Goulash, green beans, coleslaw, two bowls of chicken noodle soup and a big chunk of bread pudding. All for $17.85, and there's enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

Attachments

• Dinner 091713.jpg
    Dinner 091713.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 357
K

Kimchee

Ribs, corn on the cob and spinach salad....
Mother Nature decided to rain on my grilling parade,
so I'm doing the ribs low and slow in the oven.
sigh.

Embryodad

I have not cooked in days...sure hope I don't forget how to do it. :brows: Today was no different. I worked on the bathroom all day, so cooking was out of the picture since I didn't get done till after 4 pm.. Soooooooo, I went up to the Slovenian carry out joint and got Hungarian Goulash, green beans, coleslaw, two bowls of chicken noodle soup and a big chunk of bread pudding. All for $17.85, and there's enough left over for lunch tomorrow.
Looks great Joe!

What the heck are you doing ?? Remodeling / re-plumbing the Bathroom?
I'm sure it is a fun thang!!

Embryodad

Sweets For supper tonight!

Not really. I had a open faced provalone cheese sandwich on Italian bread.
Tina mommy had a hot ham sandwich at a diner in PA.

I just made a meal on S W E E T S ...

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. I ate 1 powdered jelly and 2 glazed....so far!

e9c8bf00.jpg

Then we had the apple squares. Yuck! Apples were dry, and flour in the filling. NOT GOOD!

5c1c95fb.jpg

Raspberry cake for MommaTina.... :smile:

b32ae6ec.jpg

What... A ......Weird...Supper... !!!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Looks great Joe!

What the heck are you doing ?? Remodeling / re-plumbing the Bathroom?
I'm sure it is a fun thang!!
The master bath is 9'-7" x 10'-8"...like a small bedroom. :mrgreen: I ripped out the corner whirlpool tub and replaced it with a 36" x 60" Jacuzzi tub. Had to relocate water and drain lines (PIA). Relocated the toilet to be behind the stall shower wall so it can't be seen from the bedroom (Some designer on TV said that's the way it's supposed to be, so the wife said it was being moved). The new toilet area is where I put the cement board and tile today. When this area is completed and the new chair height toilet is installed, then I'll remove the existing toilet and 5' vanity with the single sink. In that 8' space will be two vanities 36" with a space between them for a laundry basket. the top will be granite with undermount sinks. There's tile also going on the tub walls.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Gee Joe, that looks good!

Rained buckets for a while here today too, Kimchee.

Jimmy, you sweet tooth you!

Had pizza delivered in at work.. just wrapped up the first of my 4's.
Looking forward to having tomorrow off.

Already know what I'll be cooking too.
I am going to try my hand at veggie/mushroom egg foo young and a chicken stock/ curry/ soy sauce gravy.
Wish me luck.. if it turns out bad, I won't post the pics lol

Embryodad

The master bath is 9'-7" x 10'-8"...like a small bedroom. :mrgreen: I ripped out the corner whirlpool tub and replaced it with a 36" x 60" Jacuzzi tub. Had to relocate water and drain lines (PIA). Relocated the toilet to be behind the stall shower wall so it can't be seen from the bedroom (Some designer on TV said that's the way it's supposed to be, so the wife said it was being moved). The new toilet area is where I put the cement board and tile today. When this area is completed and the new chair height toilet is installed, then I'll remove the existing toilet and 5' vanity with the single sink. In that 8' space will be two vanities 36" with a space between them for a laundry basket. the top will be granite with undermount sinks. There's tile also going on the tub walls.
Wow!.... certainly a MAJOR.. Job Joe! Hey! there we go!!.. Joes Job!

Nice Size Bathroom.

We are Due for a revamp too!

DW said,"Hey hon, can that toilet be turned around and be put over there?" as she pointed. "I said,"Sure Babe!"....."You go get the plastic bags, and I'll go get the spackle bucket, and dearest darling, you can have the toilet annnnywhere your sweet @$$ desires!" 1...2....3.. Git er done.......

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sorry the soup didn't turn out Cooksie....it sure sounded good...the mussels look wonderful though!

Nice looking meatballs Jimmy...I've not seen those stuffed shells at Sam's, I'm gonna have to look for them!

Picture perfect dinner Peepers!

I can't believe that's take-out JoeV. I hope you can take pics of that bathroom!

I spent the day with DD, she's not feeling well so took her some ginger ale, made her some homemade chicken and rice soup and homemade potato bread and took her some apple butter. We had chicken and rice soup for dinner too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My first ever attempt at veggie/mushroom egg foo young.
This recipe is based on one a friend (Homecook) shared with me.
Best part about it is the curry chicken gravy!

2012-09-18 18-28-53.901.jpg