What's cooking NCT Sunday 8/12/12 - Saturday 8/18/12?

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Wednesday's chop, smoked, garlic mashed, veggie mix,
apple sauce, horseradish, field greens dressed up.

PorkChopSmoked.jpg

Mmmm! Looks great!

Embryodad

Just ate a hoagie,,, ham cheese lettuce tomato with oil and oregano.

Tina and GD had elbow macaroni's with meat sauce.

I'll have coconut custard pie later, after I DIGEST THE HOAGIE.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thursday was homemade meatballs and homemade gravy (tomato sauce) made with LOTS of fresh herbs, onion and garlic! Served over frozen Star brand cheese ravioli (made local and so good). Topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses.

Friday was left over meatballs and gravy ove angelhair pasta. Tasted better the second day.

Embryodad

Thursday was homemade meatballs and homemade gravy (tomato sauce) made with LOTS of fresh herbs, onion and garlic! Served over frozen Star brand cheese ravioli (made local and so good). Topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses.

Friday was left over meatballs and gravy ove angelhair pasta. Tasted better the second day.
Sounds great to me peep!

The meatballs and the sauce always taste better the next day!

I like to cook the sauce and M-balls the day before because of that reason.

I could go for some meatballs right now. hahahahaha

Tina made a meat sauce and she and granddaughter love it.
I am not a fan of ground anything in sauce. We grew up eating tons of sauce and spaghetti of all kinds, but I cannot remember one time Gram or Mom made a sauce with ground meat.

Right now I have a oatmeal and prune / date cake in the oven.
I love prunes and dates.

I like the dried figs too...but my diverticulitus doesn't like figs.

Figs on the rope were my favorite when I was growing up.

Ooops...there goes the buzzer on the timer. Out comes the cake!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sounds great to me peep!

The meatballs and the sauce always taste better the next day!

I like to cook the sauce and M-balls the day before because of that reason.

I could go for some meatballs right now. hahahahaha

Tina made a meat sauce and she and granddaughter love it.
I am not a fan of ground anything in sauce. We grew up eating tons of sauce and spaghetti of all kinds, but I cannot remember one time Gram or Mom made a sauce with ground meat.

Right now I have a oatmeal and prune / date cake in the oven.
I love prunes and dates.

I like the dried figs too...but my diverticulitus doesn't like figs.

Figs on the rope were my favorite when I was growing up.

Ooops...there goes the buzzer on the timer. Out comes the cake!
RECIPE PLEASE!! YUM

I just finished some dry figs from Trader Joe's. YUM

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Cookout / B'day party - DIL's 30th...................

I'm contributing 2 cases of Sam Adams Variety Pac, and
this............... Pasta Salad and cherry peppers, stuffed with Prosciutto
and Provolone.........

003-12.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

and Provolone.........

003-12.jpg
Very mice salad.

Embryodad

and Provolone.........

003-12.jpg
Looks good Lt..... are the peppers the H O T ones?

Embryodad

I was busy fixing stuff today.

Tina went to Sams with Son Jimmy and DIL...

DD went to sams later, and I asked her to pick up a box of the premium frozen burgers.

I fixed the closet door ... fixed the light in the kitchen, and separated and vacuum sealed the burgers in portions...

Tina went to the Weis market, and bought grond pork that was on sale for $1.69 a Lb.
2 heads of cabbage...and she is making halupkies. (stuffed cabbages)

They will be great tonight while watching the late late late late show on the TV, and taste testing one or two.

Supper was from Wendy's. I had two Burgers w cheese, and a small fries.

Poor Tina had ordered a plain burger, and it was not in the bag when she came home.
She trucked back to Wendies, and the guy said... Oh! Lady I so sorry! I forget to put for you the plain burger in the bag!

That's OK Tina said! Gas is so cheap now, I don't care that I had to come back here!

Leni

I am going to make chile relleno casserole using the Hatch chiles that I bought recently. I think that I'll slice a tomato and cucumber and top with fresh basil and a vinegrete.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We had two outdoor parties yesterday, so we didn't have to cook for ourselves. Next Saturday we have to make dinner for 25 folks at a fundraiser in the neighborhood, so I made my sauce and meatballs yesterday and froze it for the event. We are working the festival at the church DW works at next Friday and Sunday, so it will be nice to not have to cook all day before the event.

I had a bunch of pork shoulder steaks I got on sale on Friday, so I trimmed them before packaging, and made some lard for a treat down the road. Ended up with the world's tastiest treat...cracklings! I was snacking on them all day.

Attachments

• Marinara 081812.jpg
    Marinara 081812.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Meatballs 081812.jpg
    Meatballs 081812.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 221
  • Pork Cracklings 081812.jpg
    Pork Cracklings 081812.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 220

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Baked potato, mac and cheese, broccoli and carrots.

582539_3546188862283_717574620_n.jpg

We had two outdoor parties yesterday, so we didn't have to cook for ourselves. Next Saturday we have to make dinner for 25 folks at a fundraiser in the neighborhood, so I made my sauce and meatballs yesterday and froze it for the event. We are working the festival at the church DW works at next Friday and Sunday, so it will be nice to not have to cook all day before the event.

I had a bunch of pork shoulder steaks I got on sale on Friday, so I trimmed them before packaging, and made some lard for a treat down the road. Ended up with the world's tastiest treat...cracklings! I was snacking on them all day.
VERY NICE you two!!

CRACKLIN'S!!! YUM

Embryodad

It's making me hungry Joe!

Have somethig sorta close to meatballs today. Tina made halupkies!

There is always room for meatballs!:yum: