What's cooking NCT July 29 - August 4, 2012?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Planning "potted" london broil or waffles. LOL Time will tell which.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
We're watching the Olympics and used the living room pop up coffee table again.

View attachment 15976

Fran browned the chicken and then added chicken broth, garlic, a jalapena, potato, and onions. The subtle garlic and pepper turned the chicken into cuisine gold. These along with a squash made a killer meal.

View attachment 15975

attachment.php

Interesting looking table! :)

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Just a Quick decision...and a half satisfied appetite.

I made just something to Hold Us Over...so later we will have pizza using Pita Breads from the store. Made some Jones' Sausage patties that were in the freezer.

A little butter, and syrup...and they were consumed in less that one minute.

78f20391.jpg

I used the leftover raised waffle batter.They make awesome pancakes. Tina said.."Great" and she is fussy when it comes to pancakes and waffles.

Yum!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
That Kielbasa dish looks awesome Joe!

Man....I haven't had pancakes in a long time. I think they are going to have to go on my short list.

Hope you get to feeling better Peepers.

Here's our dinner:

attachment.php

Looks good!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches on homemade potato bread with gravy, mashed potatoes and broccoli. I know what you mean Uncle Ralph.....pancakes are on the menu here for later this week :lol:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Back to work today for me.
Haven't prepared anything to take so it'll be something from across the road at Jing Fong.

Embryodad

I took out beef rump. A few pieces.

Tina is going to make stew with it, but she is huffing and puffing a little today.
I may as well make it. She can season it; because I always add something she doesn't like. I like some green bell pepper in my stew. She dont like!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Like some others here, I'm vacillating between chicken Parmesan with homemade fettuccine noodles or pancakes & sausage. I have everything for the chicken, but have to go buy eggs & breakfast sausage for the cakes. I think I'll text DW to see what she wants. I have lots of time because I'm done working for the day.

UPDATE!!!! DW wants the pancakes, so it's off to the store. She also want bacon instead of sausage, which is fine with me. Goody, goody, goody!!!

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The "potted" london broil is almost done. Served with mashed taters with the pan gravy and steamed spinach.

Embryodad

The "potted" london broil is almost done. Served with mashed taters with the pan gravy and steamed spinach.
Tina's beef stew..hahaha is stewing. She just put the potatoes in to cook, and when they are done.....I grab the bread and butter, and watch out! L O L

Not to remind you peep...??How's the sciatic??

I also have a wish for Terrone Candies. The ones with the almonds. The vanilla and orange ones are the best taste.
I have to see if the ShopRite here carries them, and if not then the Netcong store should. Dominant Italian Area.

d8461178.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tina's beef stew..hahaha is stewing. She just put the potatoes in to cook, and when they are done.....I grab the bread and butter, and watch out! L O L

Not to remind you peep...??How's the sciatic??

I also have a wish for Terrone Candies. The ones with the almonds. The vanilla and orange ones are the best taste.
I have to see if the ShopRite here carries them, and if not then the Netcong store should. Dominant Italian Area.

d8461178.jpg
Still twinging Jimmy. Walking like a crab.
Is that like Toblerone?

Heres dinner:
“Potted” Beef simmered until tender and served with mashed potatoes, steamed spinach and pan gravy.

073112_potted_beef_P1090514.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Me and DW agreed that pancakes would be a great dinner. Sooooo, I kicked it up a notch and made roll-ups filled with raspberry preserves and cottage cheese, then topped with sour cream. For the doubters, this is a GREAT combination. My mother made these for us kids on meatless Fridays during Lent. She called them Polichinka. Oh, I also added 1 tsp. each of vanilla & orange extracts in the batter. It was da bomb!

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

Here's how I made them...

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
There's NO doubt in my mind Joe :w00t2:

Here's our hot roast beef sandwiches....not the best picture but they sure were good:

Attachments

• dinner07312012.jpg
    dinner07312012.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 230

Embryodad

Still twinging Jimmy. Walking like a crab.
Is that like Toblerone?

Heres dinner:
“Potted” Beef simmered until tender and served with mashed potatoes, steamed spinach and pan gravy.

073112_potted_beef_P1090514.jpg

L00Ks Good peep! ... I can't wait to dive into the beef stew that Tina has cooking. Potatoes are almost done!

I got my butter all ready to spread at room temperature. Bread is on the sideline. L O L

:sorry:Sorry to hear about the crab shuffle walk peep!
I'm sure it's painful too! Darn it!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Me and DW agreed that pancakes would be a great dinner. Sooooo, I kicked it up a notch and made roll-ups filled with raspberry preserves and cottage cheese, then topped with sour cream. For the doubters, this is a GREAT combination. My mother made these for us kids on meatless Fridays during Lent. She called them Polichinka. Oh, I also added 1 tsp. each of vanilla & orange extracts in the batter. It was da bomb!

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Looks great!

Embryodad

OMG! I'm getting fooded from all over!!

Mama...the roast beef sammich w gravy. Ultimate

JoeV ... You crafted a great style of pancake / rollup.

Lifesaver... UMmmmmmm! I'll bet it was good?

peep.... Yumm Eeeee!!! so tasty looking.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
OMG! I'm getting fooded from all over!!

Mama...the roast beef sammich w gravy. Ultimate

JoeV ... You crafted a great style of pancake / rollup.

Lifesaver... UMmmmmmm! I'll bet it was good?

peep.... Yumm Eeeee!!! so tasty looking.

Thanks!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Wowza! Everybody was well fed today, and it all looks fantastic. I must admit, the photography skills have greatly improved here as of late.

Embryodad

OK!
Last nights Pita Pizza Snack...

So easy to make and put together with whatever we have on hand. Used diced small bell peppers this time!

Baked in the toaster Oven....

483224e4.jpg

9451dfdb.jpg

391c7f3e.jpg

Here is todays Stew that DW made from a piece of Rump Roast.
It was delicious as usual; the way she cooked it!!

33bbe84b.jpg

f7a805b9.jpg

Life isn't all a Bowl Of Cherries...but This White huge variety was dessert!

9eafccfa.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
OK!

So easy to make and put together with whatever we have on hand. Used diced small bell peppers this time!

483224e4.jpg

9451dfdb.jpg

391c7f3e.jpg

33bbe84b.jpg

f7a805b9.jpg

9eafccfa.jpg
33bbe84b.jpg

Is that a skined and baked potato?.. Looks great!

Embryodad

When Tina brought those cherries home...I gawked and said,"Why did you buy cheeries that are not ripe yet?"

She said,"They are White Cherries!" My mouth was quencing too; until I popped one in my mouth. SOooo Sweeet!..and each one is the size of a quarter or a little bigger.

The potato was just peeled and quartered and dropped in the stew gravy and juice to cook for the last hour.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wow this all looks FANTASTIC!!
I love sour cream on pancakes.

IMG_0449.jpg

There's NO doubt in my mind Joe

Here's our hot roast beef sandwiches....not the best picture but they sure were good:

L00Ks Good peep! ... I can't wait to dive into the beef stew that Tina has cooking. Potatoes are almost done!

I got my butter all ready to spread at room temperature. Bread is on the sideline. L O L

Sorry to hear about the crab shuffle walk peep!
I'm sure it's painful too! Darn it!

JoeV's Veggie Burgr with a Spinach Salad.................... :)

418875_3487290669865_449235621_n.jpg

OK!

391c7f3e.jpg

f7a805b9.jpg

9eafccfa.jpg