What's cooking NCT July 29 - August 4, 2012?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
7/28/12 - I think it will be the hot dogs I didn't get to yesterday.

K

Kimchee

Sunday is Beef Brisket Day. Got a small one, so it should be done by dinner time.

Embryodad

Just for starters, I made Yeast Raised Waffles for mommy, and me.
they must have been OK cause Tina ate 3/4 of a 7"inch roundie Belgian one.

No cooking for me today! I have dough refrigerated gnocci's, and I will boil / cook them for Tina. There is leftover sauce and two stuffed peppers.

She has chicken soup...and there is a tub of potatoes and a piece of meatloaf if she want's that.

I am taking a break from cooking. Today is Sunday, and that I was taught, is a day of rest. ( If Possible, and you don't have to report for work / job. ).

Embryodad

LOL

DD#2 doesn't want them with tomato so it will be some other way. BUT NOT in a bun. LOL
I could envision mac and cheese with hot dog slivers. Like julliened in and about the casserole. No Bunns OR Bread needed for that. Maybe some tiny diced green and red bell peppers. uMmmmmm!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
dinner -just got special k crisps from the pantry fer hummus. nite-nite time soon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I could envision mac and cheese with hot dog slivers. Like julliened in and about the casserole. No Bunns OR Bread needed for that. Maybe some tiny diced green and red bell peppers. uMmmmmm!!
The girls would play hide the weinie!! They aren't dog lovers!! SO I am thinking dog coins fried with taters, onions and mushrooms, dipping eggs (poached, over or soft boiled) and either toasted engling muffins or biscuits. I have been wanting biscuits for weeks now but DD 1 keeps complaining she doesn't want them.

Embryodad

I've got some ground turkey, so I'll make some seasoned turkey patties, and have it with mashed potatoes and turkey gravy.
Sounds good Sass... for ground turkey lovers. I'll step aside on turkey unless for T-Giving Day.

I will say one thing though, and I have to ask for a good recipe for these.

We were on way to Lancaster, PA and on the way we have a spot (Diner) that we stop at for lunch. The Kumm Esse Diner in Meyerstown, PA.

Tina ordered Turkey Croquettes with filling and a side of mashed potatoes; even though filling is stuffing with potatoes mixed in.
I asked to taste one...and O M G !!! It was so darn good! It had onions and celery, and ground carrots and bell pepper, and a bredding and I guess baked or maybe fried in deep oil / fat??
I asked Tina to make then for us if she gets a great recipe for them.

I have eaten ham croquettes, but never turkey ones. Believe it or not, I liked the Turkey ones better. They were shaped like a pyramid with a flattened top.
The outer breading crust was fabulous.

Embryodad

The girls would play hide the weinie!! They aren't dog lovers!! SO I am thinking dog coins fried with taters, onions and mushrooms, dipping eggs (poached, over or soft boiled) and either toasted engling muffins or biscuits. I have been wanting biscuits for weeks now but DD 1 keeps complaining she doesn't want them.
What ever you make peep,.....I know will be great!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Turkey breast, leftover squash casserole, and probably some more of the kale too...I like turkey :chicken:.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I am jones-ing for Olive garden soup everytime anyone posts something with kale. I have the knock off recipe BUT I want to go there for the salad and soup. :eat1: WHY cook when someone else can dirty and heat up their kitchen? :whistle: LOL :corny:

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I know what you mean Peepers. I LOVE Olive Garden. Have you tried their signature dressing? They sell it at Sam's Club.

Salisbury steak, gravy, baked potatoes and something green.

Leni

French dip sandwiches with sliced tomatoes from the garden along with who knows what else.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
My brother gave us some zucchinis, so I added some shredded carrots, diced onion, eggs, bread crumbs, seasonings, Parmesan & Mozzarella cheeses and some whole wheat flour, and made some veggie burgers. I'll pan fry them in a blend of EVOO and butter. DW will decide on side(s) when it'd time for din-din (probably corn & salad since we have a lot of both). Today is our actual anniversary, so we're just kicked back and aren't doing any work in or out of the house.

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
I am jones-ing for Olive garden soup everytime anyone posts something with kale. I have the knock off recipe BUT I want to go there for the salad and soup. :eat1: WHY cook when someone else can dirty and heat up their kitchen? :whistle: LOL :corny:
I was looking through some of the recipes here and came across that soup recipe. I make it too, but like you I would love to go to OG and have the salad and breadsticks.

My pork belly is cooking away for the buns, but when I started reading the next phase it says let the meat cool and refrigerate over night. Crap. I forgot about the part! So buns tomorrow. When I finally get to eat them I am going to French kiss them. :yum:

So, I just fired up the grill for night two of pork. Pork tenderloin.
Hey, that means I can enter the contest again! Woohoo! :bbq:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Veggie Burgers, salad and corn-on-the-cob.

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

Embryodad

First... there was Breakfast of yeast Raised Waffles!

My trick and pleasure is to hurry up, and eat all the waffle around the butter pat, and then take the last piece and slightly chew into the butter ;while slowly chewing without swallowing whole the savory sweet flavors.

3ed60030.jpg

For Supper.... I had sauce with sausage and the left over stuffed peppers. I made Tina Gnocchi and the dough that I saved in the refrigerator was even softer. I just spooned little pillows into the boiling salted water, and then cooked them slowly..( About 15 minutes) ... Drained and in a cold waterbath..then drained again and sprinkled with a little olive oil to prevent sticking together!

6c047ad4.jpg

2f4b59dd.jpg

And then my angel hair spaghetti... ( My favorite ).

f8e2a9a6.jpg

Embryodad

I was looking through some of the recipes here and came across that soup recipe. I make it too, but like you I would love to go to OG and have the salad and breadsticks.

My pork belly is cooking away for the buns, but when I started reading the next phase it says let the meat cool and refrigerate over night. Crap. I forgot about the part! So buns tomorrow. When I finally get to eat them I am going to French kiss them. :yum:

So, I just fired up the grill for night two of pork. Pork tenderloin.
Hey, that means I can enter the contest again! Woohoo! :bbq:
OMG...that is so funny kid! hahahahaha

Embryodad

Veggie Burgers, salad and corn-on-the-cob.

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

Another masterful dinner Joe!
Uh!... any chance to get that ingredients to put them together for Jimmy & Tina here?

Just a rough Idea! Cooked veggies? etc.?

That looks like something we would love!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Uh!... any chance to get that ingredients to put them together for Jimmy & Tina here?
FWIW, they DO NOT taste like meat burgers. They taste like veggie burgers. if you want them to taste like MEAT burgers, buy the ones from the store that have life shortening chemicals to alter the taste. These are not bad at all, but they are no reason to give up real meat burgers.

* Veggie Burgers
Ingredients

• 2 cups grated zucchini or any similar squash
  • 1 cup grated carrots
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2cup bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 1T mixed Italian seasonings

• 2 T Olive oil
  • 1 T butter
Directions

1. Salt the squash and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the squash, carrots, eggs, onion, bread crumbs, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
  3. Heat the butter & oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.

Embryodad

FWIW, they DO NOT taste like meat burgers. They taste like veggie burgers. if you want them to taste like MEAT burgers, buy the ones from the store that have life shortening chemicals to alter the taste. These are not bad at all, but they are no reason to give up real meat burgers.

* Veggie Burgers
Ingredients

• 2 cups grated zucchini or any similar squash
  • 1 cup grated carrots
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2cup bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 1T mixed Italian seasonings

• 2 T Olive oil
  • 1 T butter
Directions

1. Salt the squash and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the squash, carrots, eggs, onion, bread crumbs, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
  3. Heat the butter & oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.
Thankx Joe! Much appreciated.

Maybe..a little ground pork would be a way to go?.. We love pork burgers!
Let's see....uh! ... Vegeorky Burgers... or Porkegetable Burgers!! hahaha

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We're watching the Olympics and used the living room pop up coffee table again.

IMG_2592.jpg

Fran browned the chicken and then added chicken broth, garlic, a jalapena, potato, and onions. The subtle garlic and pepper turned the chicken into cuisine gold. These along with a squash made a killer meal.

IMG_2594.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I made the turkey patties (4) - with mashed potatoes and broccoli (was going to make turkey gravy, but decided against it).

One for me, one for Gretchen the weenie dog and two for tomorrow.
I'll make a sandwich with one of the leftovers tomorrow, with tomato, lettuce and honey dijon dressing.
Maybe MissLongandLow will be treated to another as well.
:smile:

Looks like everyone had fabulous meals!

Buzz, that table is too cool.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
gretchen is as spoiled as these 2 tinklepaws, lollie.
thinkin' a mighty salad w/ antipasto, cheeses, & cuke ranch dressing on it.

prepping veggies 4 kitchen sink soup.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
We're watching the Olympics and used the living room pop up coffee table again.

View attachment 15976

Fran browned the chicken and then added chicken broth, garlic, a jalapena, potato, and onions. The subtle garlic and pepper turned the chicken into cuisine gold. These along with a squash made a killer meal.

View attachment 15975

gasp! u have a very similar table to my Mom & Vinny. thiers' slides into staggered levels.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
gretchen is as spoiled as these 2 tinklepaws, lollie.
thinkin' a mighty salad w/ antipasto, cheeses, & cuke ranch dressing on it.

prepping veggies 4 kitchen sink soup.

That she is baby, that she is. :wink:

Eat well darling.
You know I love and care about you.