Thursday, 4/28/2011, Whats on the table today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think it will be taylor ham, lettuce and tomato on toasted english muffins for dinner tonight.

Any plans?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I think it's going to be poppy seed chicken casserole with rice and peas.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Finally, a day off when I can cook. The truck had to go to the shop, otherwise I would be working. I made a double batch of spaghetti sauce last night and canned it, so today I'm making 4-cheese whole wheat raviolis, as well as spaghetti & linguine noodles for the freezer. I have all day, so i may as well be productive. I'll let DW pick which pasta for dinner.

P1030624.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Finally, a day off when I can cook. The truck had to go to the shop, otherwise I would be working. I made a double batch of spaghetti sauce last night and canned it, so today I'm making 4-cheese whole wheat raviolis, as well as spaghetti & linguine noodles for the freezer. I have all day, so i may as well be productive. I'll let DW pick which pasta for dinner.

P1030624.jpg
Looks YUMMY Joe!! And the pasta sounds awesome!! Are those pints or quarts? I have never canned anything.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Right now, I'm thinking of a jerk chicken over greens with a mango/lime dressing. But maybe I'll break out the duck confit that I made the other day. Depends on how the day shapes up.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks good Joe!

Peepers, it looks like the 4 in the back are quarts and the rest are pints.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks good Joe!

Peepers, it looks like the 4 in the back are quarts and the rest are pints.
LOL Thats what I thought but somwetimes when on an angle I can't always tell. LOL Thanks

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
The short jars are pints, and the tall jars are 24 oz that I saved from when I used to buy Classico sauces. They are packaged in a 24 oz Mason jar, so it saves me a bunch in bottles. They use standard lids and rings. We use the pint for the two of us for dinner, and 24 oz for when our son visits to do laundry (they move out, but never away).

The ravioli are done and in the freezer, but here's an incremental picture while I was making them...

P1030625.jpg

FWIW, that is a #100 disher for the cheese mix.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breakfast – Over easy eggs (nice runny yolks), Taylor ham (pork roll nicely browned), sliced tomato and toasted and buttered English muffin.

042811_eggs_taylor_ham.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I love runny yolks! I've never had Taylor ham. I saw it the other day in Publix, I should have got some. I'm gonna have to pick some up the next time I'm there and give it a try...yours looks awfully good.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I love runny yolks! I've never had Taylor ham. I saw it the other day in Publix, I should have got some. I'm gonna have to pick some up the next time I'm there and give it a try...yours looks awfully good.
Thank you Mama.

The real deal is made right here and it has a unique Jersey flavor! LOL Be sure to make the 4 cuts on the compass (N, S, E & W) so they lay flat or they buckle up.

JackieBlue

Banned
Thank you Mama.

The real deal is made right here and it has a unique Jersey flavor! LOL Be sure to make the 4 cuts on the compass (N, S, E & W) so they lay flat or they buckle up.

Yup! Pork roll and cheese sandwiches! YUM

I'm thinking about just heating up the leftover soup from last night and making some grilled cheese sandwiches to go with it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jake'll be by so we shall configure a dinner from there.

according to him, i'm supposed put on some lipstick & get into some cute gear, & soon.
eh.
that may mean a yummy dinner, so i'll let him think that lip-tint was 4 him & not me & that the cuffs tucked so carefully into my hunter wellington boots was a mere fluke.
this little chick is dining well tonite!~

buckytom

Grill Master
mama, taylor ham is a jersey institution! try some soon, and like peeps said, cut the compass. just lightly fried, you'll love it.

peeps, i want your eggs! again! lol.

and nice cans, joe. (it's odd saying that to a guy )

tonight is the last of the easter ham before it gets frozen to make pea soup. sides are nuked spuds and a can o' something veggie.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Yup! Pork roll and cheese sandwiches! YUM

I'm thinking about just heating up the leftover soup from last night and making some grilled cheese sandwiches to go with it.

Guess what?

To be continued

jake'll be by so we shall configure a dinner from there.

according to him, i'm supposed put on some lipstick & get into some cute gear, & soon.
eh.
that may mean a yummy dinner, so i'll let him think that lip-tint was 4 him & not me & that the cuffs tucked so carefully into my hunter wellington boots was a mere fluke.
this little chick is dining well tonite!~

What color wellys do you have? Do you have the matching warmers? (I used to run an online designer shoe store site) Have fun luvs you deserve a nice night on the town!!

mama, taylor ham is a jersey institution! try some soon, and like peeps said, cut the compass. just lightly fried, you'll love it.

peeps, i want your eggs! again! lol.

and nice cans, joe. (it's odd saying that to a guy )

tonight is the last of the easter ham before it gets frozen to make pea soup. sides are nuked spuds and a can o' something veggie.
Thank you Bucky I LOVE dipping eggs!!

UMMMMMMMMMM No comment about the cans comment (HMMMMMMM that is a comment?) LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
VIOLA Jackie one of us channeled the other! :whistle::clap:

Dinner – Pan fried Taylor ham and American cheese on a toasted and buttered English muffin, bean salad (kidney & cannellini beans, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, dry oregano, red wine vinegar & EVOO) and a ½ sour / ½ garlic pickle spear.

042811_taylor_ham_cheese_bean_salad.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nice Peepers.

I've got to go to Publix tomorrow so I'll pick some up.

Dinner tonight was Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole with peas and cheesy chive biscuits.

Attachments

• dinner04282011.jpg
    dinner04282011.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 126

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Nice Peepers.

I've got to go to Publix tomorrow so I'll pick some up.

Dinner tonight was Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole with peas and cheesy chive biscuits.
thank you Mama.

WOW!! Ok I need the recipe for that chicken. And you just add shredded cheese and chives to the biscuit dough?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Here ya go Peeps: Poppy Seed Chicken.

Shredded cheddar cheese, fresh chives and a little garlic powder added to the flour mixture before you add the buttermilk.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Here ya go Peeps: Poppy Seed Chicken.

Shredded cheddar cheese, fresh chives and a little garlic powder added to the flour mixture before you add the buttermilk.
Question Mama (sorry) I can't find the ritz crackers in the ingredient list. Is it 1 whole sleeve of crackers?

BTW I have added all the ingredients to my shopping list. Hopefully hub will pick them up tonight (he works at a supermarket night shift). Hopefully he will find the poppy seeds. B/S chicken breast is on sale. My girls birthday is tomorrow, we already took her out to eat dinner last week during spring break per her request but I'd like to make a special dinner for her. It's either this or pumpkin waffles!! LOL

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Question Mama (sorry) I can't find the ritz crackers in the ingredient list. Is it 1 whole sleeve of crackers?

BTW I have added all the ingredients to my shopping list. Hopefully hub will pick them up tonight (he works at a supermarket night shift). Hopefully he will find the poppy seeds. B/S chicken breast is on sale. My girls birthday is tomorrow, we all ready took her out to eat dinner last week during spring break per her request but I'd like to make a special dinner for her. It's either this or pumpkin waffles!! LOL

Awww, Peepers I feel honored that you would consider my recipe for such a special dinner! Thanks! I'm glad you caught my missing ingredient. I'll go fix it. It is 1 whole sleeve. The Poppy seeds should be with the spices.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

BTW I have added all the ingredients to my shopping list. Hopefully hub will pick them up tonight (he works at a supermarket night shift). Hopefully he will find the poppy seeds. B/S chicken breast is on sale. My girls birthday is tomorrow, we already took her out to eat dinner last week during spring break per her request but I'd like to make a special dinner for her. It's either this or pumpkin waffles!! LOL
Also how many servings is this? Can I halve it for 4 people?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Awww, Peepers I feel honored that you would consider my recipe for such a special dinner! Thanks! I'm glad you caught my missing ingredient. I'll go fix it. It is 1 whole sleeve. The Poppy seeds should be with the spices.
It looks FANTASTIC and creamy!! If we can get all the ingredients I will serve it with steamed broccoli (crowns also on sale) or salad.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! I double checked the recipe and found another error. I fixed the amount of chicken. It should have been 2 pounds instead of 3...I used 3 b/s breasts which weighed 2 pounds. I guess I'm still pretty tired from staying up most of the night last night. Sorry...:blush: It's right now.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! I double checked the recipe and found another error. I fixed the amount of chicken. It should have been 2 pounds instead of 3...I used 3 b/s breasts which weighed 2 pounds. I guess I'm still pretty tired from staying up most of the night last night. Sorry...:blush: It's right now.
YIKES OK I printed it. I will go back and correct the copy in OneNote and the hard copy. Thank you.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It makes a 9 x 13 pan. Probably about 6 good size servings.
OK thanks. Also I hope you don't mind if I sub a brown rice medley for the white rice. I LOVE white rice but it would be better for me to sub 1/2 brown rice.

Last edited: