pre-cooking.......

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
whatya guys cook in advance for later on when you've got a few.......

i usually make a couple of items- stock or soup very often. or beef-base broth that i'll make very concentrated, then dilute when i'm cooking food or am hankering for broth.
crock-potted greens/beans & a ham-hock, as those could cook 4 a year & be great; here & there a roast-beef 4 soups &/or gravy over bread & potato, & here & then, pastas. yourself.....

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I like to roast 2-3 big bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts. Mix chopped garlic, butter and salt together and rub under the skin, maybe add some rosemary and lemon zest, then pop in convection oven at 400F for about 30-40 minutes. Don't overcook. Now, I've got lovely moist and flavorful chicken for sandwiches, salads, wraps, tacos, tostadas, burritos, quesadillas, etc. for a few days. Or just eat it as it is. It's good.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Most definitely chicken!
A whole roasted one goes a long way for me as the main for dinner, then saved for later leftovers of sandwiches and added to soups or quick chicken tacos.
Rice also falls into the category, I've always got an abundance of rice because I make a lot and it keeps well in the fridge.

Phiddlechik

We cook a package of flaky biscuits, and 6 sausage patties from 1lb of JDean sausage on Sunday nights. Then we (actually, my husband) has breakfast sandwiches ready for the week. He just zaps the sausage, adds cheese, puts it in a biscuit, and he's ready for work! I might have one, but usually go for toast or cereal in the mornings. He generally doesn't eat lunch, so likes meat and cheese in the morning.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yeah, chix, here, too, guys! i got that from my Dad.
i prepare those infrequently, though- i usually make game-hens; they're very practical 4 me. we a-shread them, w/ 2 forks. then into that freezer that goes.

Last edited: