Ronjohn

Leftover tacos?
Hangover Helper?

Or something new and original?

Inquiring minds want to know, so we can steal ideas on what to make tonight :D

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have tacos planned. refried beans added to the seasoned and browned taco meat is yummy!! i may just have mine layered in a bowl like taco salad (using broken shell to scoop).

SilverSage

Resident Crone
A few weeks ago, QSis made FryBoy's recipe for Chicken & Orzo with Lemon & Olives. I've been wanting to try it, so it's on the menu for tonight.

I'm thinking, maybe some marinated artichokes in it......

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Since I'm working today, I've packed a jarlsberg, lettuce and onion sandwich (with tomato slices to add later), and some baby carrots and smoked almonds in little ziplock bags.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
A few weeks ago, QSis made FryBoy's recipe for Chicken & Orzo with Lemon & Olives. I've been wanting to try it, so it's on the menu for tonight.

I'm thinking, maybe some marinated artichokes in it......
that sounds sooooooooooooooo good ss!! i would like all those recipes including the artichokes. pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

picture.php

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Since I'm working today, I've packed a jarlsberg, lettuce and onion sandwich (with tomato slices to add later), and some baby carrots and smoked almonds in little ziplock bags.
a meatless dinner!! i love smoked almonds!! soumds yummy!! i have been putting almonds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds on my salads alot lately.

Newnork1978

I'm trying not to plan that far ahead...but I'm sure DH and I will come up with something, when the time comes. :chef:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch in honor of National Hamburger Month along with some baked beans so I'll post pics in a little bit. Gonna have leftover burgers and hot dogs tonight since we still need to plant those plants in the garden...maybe the neighbors will be a little quieter tonight. :twak:

GotGarlic

The only thing I'm cooking is noodles, outside on the grill, because it's so dang hot right now, I don't want to heat up the kitchen. Then I'm going to make sesame noodles with leftover grilled chicken mixed in and a marinated cucumber salad.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Here are the pics:

Attachments

• baconjucylucy1.jpg
    baconjucylucy1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 126
  • baconjucylucy.jpg
    baconjucylucy.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 120

Ronjohn

We went with a sort of Greek theme.

Grilled chicken marinated in lemon juice. olive oil and oregano plus roasted potatoes and onions in chicken broth and a bit of lemon juice, topped with feta. Served with pepperoncini and grilled pita. Here's the picture :)

Attachments

• IMG00006.jpg
    IMG00006.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 100

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In honor of burger month we had burgers tonight. :D I have to admit they did not look as good as yours Mama, but they were tasty just the same.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Broccoli and cubed boneless/skinless chicken breast seasoned with my herb and spice blend grinder (4 Peppercorn blend, Sea salt crystals, Garlic (Dry Minced), Onion (Dry flakes), Thyme (Dry), Rosemary (Dry), Red pepper flakes) sautéed in olive and slivered fresh garlic and tossed with bowtie pasta. Served with sliced tomato on the side.

broccoli_chicken_tomato_050610_1_P1050491.JPG

broccoli_chicken_tomato_050610_2_P1050493.JPG

Last edited:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
that sounds sooooooooooooooo good ss!! i would like all those recipes including the artichokes. pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

picture.php

Here's the recipe originally from FryBoy, then brought back up by QSis. Karma to both of you for this one!

Chicken & Orzo with Lemon & Olives
. I just added a jar of marinated artichoke hearts (drained) to their recipe. I'm always looking for a way to add more veg to recipes. This one's a keeper! It was in the oven in just about 10 minutes, and on the table 30 minutes after that.

Since QSis's pic seems to have vanished, I'll post one here.

Attachments

• chicken orzo olives 004.jpg
    chicken orzo olives 004.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 104
  • chicken orzo olives 006.jpg
    chicken orzo olives 006.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 100
Last edited by a moderator:

Newnork1978

We're going to have boneless/skinless chicken and veggies (or beans)...I guess I'll figure the side out as I go. :unsure:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Here's the recipe originally from FryBoy, then brought back up by QSis. Karma to both of you for this one!

Chicken & Orzo with Lemon & Olives
. I just added a jar of marinated artichoke hearts (drained) to their recipe. I'm always looking for a way to add more veg to recipes. This one's a keeper! It was in the oven in just about 10 minutes, and on the table 30 minutes after that.

Since QSis's pic seems to have vanished, I'll post one here.
thank you ss, looks yummy!

PanchoHambre

seriously I am thinking "Hot Pockets" yes it has come to that. feeling very unmotivated culinary wise after working an 11 hour day and having to go in early tomorrow on the eve of the big nasty pay cut... so messed up to be overworked while there is not enough work.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
My favorite combo last night........
Meat Loaf, Mashed Taters and Creamed corn !

365953663.jpg

BURGER MONTH ??

Heck, EVERY month is burger month round these parts !