What's for dinner? Tuesday, September 1, 2009

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm still not hungry, so am undecided what is going on for tonight. My appetite is being teased though... I'm watching Andrew Zimmern eating squirrel brains and livermush.
I sure do envy Andrew. He always get to eat the good stuff.:bonk::yum:

chowhound

He's eating Appalachian food tonight and this stuff looks more edible that his usual show's fare.

And you guys are giving me a big taste for garlic bread.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm cooking the chicken and dumplings that never materialized last night. :dizzy:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
He's eating Appalachian food tonight and this stuff looks more edible that his usual show's fare.

And you guys are giving me a big taste for garlic bread.
my dinner was yummy and the garlic bread was greatttttt!! wish i could transport some to you.

chowhound

Me too, Peeps. I'm out of decent bread at the moment to make some.

I had pretzels and French onion dip for supper. Yummo.... lol

homecook

I could make a dinner out of that. lol

Did you get to the store for your pork and veal?? :mrgreen: Ask JoeV what he had for lunch today...........he posted it in the "Cheesy Baked Carrots" thread. :whistling:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Gee thanks guys, you made me make some more garlic bread now, LOL. Now I have a piece of garlic bread in one hand and a beer in the other.
They go together, right? LOL.

chowhound

Yeah, I saw that post about your little care package. Very nice of you.

I took a bike ride today after I cleaned all that road grime off of it (it's finally not raining here for a couple days anyway) and specifically worked my way into Erie to visit the butcher I used to frequent when I lived in Erie. They close on Mondays AND Tuesdays now.... Geez. So no veal and pork for me :^(

homecook

Gee thanks guys, you made me make some more garlic bread now, LOL. Now I have a piece of garlic bread in one hand and a beer in the other.

A beer always goes with anything and everything!! It's one of those special condiments. :wink:

Yeah, I saw that post about your little care package. Very nice of you.

I took a bike ride today after I cleaned all that road grime off of it (it's finally not raining here for a couple days anyway) and specifically worked my way into Erie to visit the butcher I used to frequent when I lived in Erie. They close on Mondays AND Tuesdays now.... Geez. So no veal and pork for me :^(

How about that. We're not supposed to get any rain either until sometime next week. Amazing!!

Next time you're out this way let me know and I'll make you some chicken paprikash..........:harley:or chicken enchiladas. :D

Blues Man

It was my wife's birthday today so I made her my spicy shrimp scampi.....

100_0656.jpg

chowhound

mmm, sounds good, Barb!

I came "this" close to making spicy shrimp tonight, BM. I was going to go with rice though. That looks good. What all do you have in there? I can't make out if it's burger or loose sausage.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
It was my wife's birthday today so I made her my spicy shrimp scampi.....

100_0656.jpg

Looks great!!

Talking about rain, we had our fair share all week long last week. DW is now actually looking forward to gettin back to work, which is good cause that woman needs to get out there and make me some money to spend!:yum::yum:

homecook

Happy Birthday Mrs. Blues Man!! That meal looks great! Do you have a recipe posted anywhere?????? Hint, hint.

Never mind..........I found it. lol

Mav...........you chauvinst, you! LOL

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Mav...........you chauvinst, you! LOL

Who me?:whistling:

It's all good, I used up all our money to build my oldest daughter a bedroom of her own in the basement. $1400 on the bed set alone!!!!
Well worth it, though, seeing how happy she is now!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

i never use sliced round italian bread for garlic bread. but my hub brought that home for sammies and i had a craving for garlic bread. i am thinking of a slice garlic bread as a snack.
i still like my garlic bread made with a whole loaf of bread cut in half but this will do in a pinch.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
i never use sliced round italian bread for garlic bread. but my hub brought that home for sammies and i had a craving for garlic bread. i am thinking of a slice garlic bread as a snack.
i still like my garlic bread made with a whole loaf of bread cut in half but this will do in a pinch.

Same way I like mine, a long French loaf cut in half. My second favorite is Texas toast on the grill, yum!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
sure why not? sounds good but .................. garlic and beer gas? i hope you can step outside!! LOL