Whats Cooking Sunday 7 OCT./2012 to Sat. 13 OCT. / 2012

Embryodad

I have not had catfish for a good while. Sure miss my pond at the old farm at times. Last I got was at a restaurant and was not very good. That sandwich would sure work for me. And I love slaw.
Oh! So right about the catfish in the ponds.

When we were kids growin up in Pennsy, we would go up to this place 1/4 way up the mountain to what we called the Rezy (Reservoir )...to catch Catfish which we called "Bull Heads" .....

We would throw some sinkers on the line, and skim the bottom for them to bite.
Gosh! they were about 6 to 8 inches, and we would skin em, and cook em in butter in the cast iron frying pan. SOOooooooo GOoooooooD!

Embryodad

When the Frost is on the pumpkin....it's time for :blob_blue:... hahahahaha

Well ... Had some fabulous meals today. Ahemm!

A delicious Swiss cheese on a hot dog roll with pure olive oil to help lube it down.

The girl next door made pumpkin muffins... I downed one.

Tina made two ( gulp ) Pumpkin Breads, and they were good.
She made a cream cheese icing (way toooo sweet for me ) and I had two slices ...one with and the latter without her sweet a** icing.

Oh well; who am I? whhat the heck do I know?? :yuk:

Today is Moody Day on behalf of other than me!!

SOooooo! I disappeared to the basement to talk to the canned food and boxes of macaroni's whilst I am defrosting the Fridge down there. :fridge:

Hope you all are having a much more pleasant day?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
General Tso's chicken and fried rice here.
Actually, I ordered the platter, so got an egg roll too.

Embryodad

General Tso's chicken and fried rice here.
Actually, I ordered the platter, so got an egg roll too.
That general Tso's Chix is like the KFC popcorn chix with sweet sauce..right??

that I will eat if it is well well done and not wet inside.

They are great to eat with the fingers and later to lick the fingers clean.

Sass... I swear this was the funniest thing ever...
We went to a Chinese Buffet place here in the shopping stores. When I got done eating, my fingers were red raw (clean though ) and actually burning from the 12 lbs of crab legs I fought with. The fingers were like burning for 2 hours.

Next time...we took the kids. They all left me at my own table, and Tina was mortified. I brought a handfull of the plastic gloves they use in the deli at the meat slicers, and I did not have any burny fingers or hands.
The servers that pick up the dirty dishes were looking at me like I was weird or something. I just said... Allergic Allergic to touch... ok? Thank You Ok?

They won't take me to any Chinese buffet any more!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That general Tso's Chix is like the KFC popcorn chix with sweet sauce..right??

Sass... I swear this was the funniest thing ever...
We went to a Chinese Buffet place here in the shopping stores. When I got done eating, my fingers were red raw (clean though ) and actually burning from the 12 lbs of crab legs I fought with. The fingers were like burning for 2 hours.

Next time...we took the kids. They all left me at my own table, and Tina was mortified. I brought a handfull of the plastic gloves they use in the deli at the meat slicers, and I did not have any burny fingers or hands.

The servers that pick up the dirty dishes were looking at me like I was weird or something. I just said... Allergic Allergic to touch... ok? Thank You Ok?

They won't take me to any Chinese buffet any more!

Yeah, kinda.
Now see, you made me go get the leftovers from the fridge and I'm sitting here picking at it!
LOL!!
That red tinge is when I added some of the sweet and sour sauce to the rice used for the egg roll.

You ARE soooooooooo funny!!:yum:
2012-10-14 02-15-12.735.jpg

Embryodad

Best put it away and get to bed.
Gretchen is going wild now for bites of chicken lolol!
Ha Ha Ha Ha ..... If it were me...I would bring it to bed, with me!

It surely smells good in the kitchen.. ... I have a small pot of spaghetti sauce cooking for tomorrow. Just a sauce with finely diced celery...carrot...and two skinned chopped big tomatoes and a can of hunts sauce. A smidge of garlic..like 1/4 tsp crushed, and onion petal chunks just cooking in the sauce so I could throw them away easily. (Love onions...but Gas distress lately ) One Half a bay leaf and a little powdered basil. Christine is on the recliner...mouth wide open like a large mouth bass....and snoring like a saw. hahahahaha.... Poor thing. LOL..

Uhhh! ... Give Gretchen a taste! ...Poor Thing!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Shrimp in Lobster Sauce with a side of snow peas - I got the sauce like I like it this time :):

ShrimpInLobsterSauce.jpg

ShrimWithLobsterSauce.jpg

Last edited:

Embryodad

Shrimp in Lobster Sauce with a side of snow peas - I got the sauce like I like it this time :):

ShrimpInLobsterSauce.jpg

ShrimWithLobsterSauce.jpg

Great looking Lobster sauce. Looks like the perfect consistancy.

AND...... The photo's of the Light Side, and the dark side.
Just like the pics of the moon... Almost like a Mug Shot! Front and Side View.... GREAT Idea cooksie!