Chopped Garlic
Butter
and this somewhat spicy stuff:
mex-grocer_2084_4165465

Mix in a pan and reduce it.....

Serve over pasta???

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Kind of a different kind of vinaigrette. You replaced the vinegar with orange juice (acid) and butter for the oil (fat) so it would work for me, especially reduced a bit.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i wouldn't pair that sorta spice & typical pasta.

Last edited:

High Cheese

Saucier
Pasta is a little weird, but it sounds like a great ceviche or shrimp sauce. But "Hey" as far as the pasta goes, try it out! It's not llike you're experimenting with some yellowfin tuna.

GotGarlic

For my taste, the orange juice would overpower the salsa verde - I love its flavor on its own. I used garlic and salsa verde as a topping for baked fish recently - bet it would be good on chicken, too.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Ehhh........ I had better.

I think it WOULD have been better with seafood. I did make it with chicken AND pasta. Not so great with the pasta. Not bad... but not good.
Chicken was OK. But yeah.... the citus and butter with the tang of the salsa..... definatly made for fish. Keep in mind it was much more SWEET than vinegar tasting.

Oh well.

High Cheese

Saucier
Why don't you build on that experience? Tweak this or that and make another one. I've made orange rice before using OJ and mandarin bits.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I use oranges in a shrimp stir fry dish as well as rice.

This is based on 1 lb. of shelled and devained shrimp:

Marinate
1 garlic clove; minced
2 tsp. grated orange rind
1/4 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 lb. shrimp; shelled, deveined

Here is the dipping sauce I use with it also.
1/2 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. honey; or sugar
3 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. sesame oil

for the stir fry

1 Tbsp. oil
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger; finely chopped
2 garlic clove; minced
1/2 lb. grean beans; sliced
1 1/2 cups mushrooms; sliced
1 red pepper; cut in strips
3 scallions; OR green onions, sliced diagonaly

Prepare marinade in a large bowl, blend all ingredients. Add shrimp, cover and refrigerate at least one hour.

I mix the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl, and mix until smooth and set aside.

To stir fry: Heat wok or large frying pan until hot. Add oil, ginger and garlic and stir-fry 20 seconds. Add green beans, stir fry 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and red pepper and stir fry 3 minutes more. Add shrimp and marinade; stir-fry 4 minutes or just until shrimp turns pink. Stir sauce. Add scallions; stir into shrimp until mixture is coated
and sauce thickens.

Serves 4.

I make this with rice that has some orange zest in it as well as other stuff but you get an idea.