Is this a good price for a food saver?

Tickle Me Elmo

Seems like a bargain, especially with the packet of bags. Free shipping is a bonus, too. Bought ours at a place called Tuesday Morning quite a few years ago and think I paid about $40 or so for it, without bags.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I have a refrigerator with a freezer and a stand alone freezer because I bake. Thanks for the input, Fred.

FryBoy

One way to check whether a price is good is to see if Amazon carries the same thing as their prices, especially because there's no tax and free shipping, are generally hard to beat. Amazon does carry the model you're considering, but they want $81.53 for it.

But price isn't everything. Amazon has one other feature that makes it worth checking, and that's the customer reviews. They seem more reliable than the reviews on other sites. In this case, the reviews aren't all that great -- 5 out of 8 customers gave it 1 star, the lowest rating possible. Here's the link: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-T000-36020-V2040-Vacuum-Packaging-System/dp/B000OWLQ9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1239208126&sr=8-1"]FoodSaver V2040 at Amazon[/ame]

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I don't know much about that model. I have the V2440 that I got at Sam's for $100. No complaints here. They also sell the extra rolls.