Police using cameras to check License Plates

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Police are taking a leaf out of Google's book with their latest weapon in the war on motorists.

They are using cars with spy cameras on a mast. Drivers talking on their mobile phones, eating, applying make-up or otherwise driving illegally will be pictured.

And as the telescopic cameras can zoom in from some distance, the first inkling that they have been snapped could be when a £60 fine lands on the doorstep.

Police say the new cars – similar to those used by Google to map town and city streets – will help reduce road deaths. But motorists say the Big Brother vehicles will merely be another cash cow for the Government and a further 'tax' on hard-pressed motorists.

CONTINUED:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Google-camera-cars-fine-wayward-drivers.html

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not sympathetic, if you are breaking the law you can't winge about being caught.

Lefty

Yank
Get them off the roads. If you are putting make up on, reading, causing any hazard to the other motorist I agree. Case closed. I am so tired of fools with phones, (insert other dumb device) messing up traffic or trying to kill me while I walk my pooch. More power to them.