What have you eaten Sunday 11/10/2019 to Saturday 11/16/2019?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I couldn't sleep so I finally gave up trying. :neutral:

I am thinking I may make baked pasta tonight.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Not your Granny's Sunday Dinner ...

Kobe Beef Burger with Mushroom Gravy, Butter Beans, Air Fries...

bURGER & mUSHROOM gRAVY.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, can you tell the difference between a Kobe burger and regular old ground beef?

Can you tell with all that mushroom gravy on top?

Is it worth the extra money?

I've never had it.

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, can you tell the difference between a Kobe burger and regular old ground beef?

Lee

We couldn't when we tried ground Wagyu, American bred Kobe, and we didn't have a whole bunch of extra stuff on it either.

The Wagyu rib eye steaks we had were a bit better than regular rib eyes, but not so much we'd pay 3-4 times the price again.

True Kobe is very difficult to source here for a regular consumer and is even more expensive (much more) than Wagyu. The 2 steaks below cost around $60 total. We got them for either a birthday or Valentine's. I will admit though that the chunk white fat that normally too fatty tasting to eat on a regular steak was absolutely scrumptious on the Wagyu and I ate every bit of it.

Attachments

• 2019-05-05 17.23.20.jpg
    2019-05-05 17.23.20.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 2019-05-05 17.23.56.jpg
    2019-05-05 17.23.56.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
.What Medtran said ...

Had 'em with nothing added, and it was still just a burger to me....... but then my tastes aren't nearly so sophisticated as some of us.........

Agree with the Wagyu comment as well....

These Wagyu Fillets were two arms & a Leg a-piece !
.but Oh, So Tender !

Urban Farmer Wagyu Beef.jpg

https://urbanfarmerphiladelphia.com/dinner-menu/

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've just pulled a NY strip from the freezer.
That with shrimp in garlic butter sauce.
Found some veggie tots at the store for a side.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD's had Chinese. Hub and I shared a personal pepperoni pizza and zeppoles.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice job on that steak cook, Sass!

Jimmy, your stuff looks delicious!

Mom's baked chicken wings for me last night.

Lee

Attachments

• chicken wings.JPG
    chicken wings.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 197

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had stuffed bell peppers using variegated Aloha bell peppers (red, yellow, orange). Stuffing was cooked ground beef, onion, garlic, mushrooms, with a little Worcestershire, red wine, S and P, plus a wild/brown/red/white rice blend, with a little Papillon bleu cheese mixed in. I poured some red wine, a little Worcestershire and some beef stock in the bottom of the casserole pan they cooked in to make a thin sauce. They were really good. We ate really late for us, so no pic.

I had wondered if the color variations were just skin deep or were in the flesh too. Pleasantly surprised when Craig charred and skinned them and we found they went all the way through.

Embryodad

Tina made a pot of chili with beans. She found that the Chill o Mix brand original blend, had been flavorless. She added two packets of the seasoning mix, and that was the secret to a tasty chilli.
I like my chilli on the watery side; just a tad. I don't like gluey, pasty, chilli.
The only added thing was grated garlic. Like 2 medium cloves.

I want mine on rice if we have any.....

I made great chicken salad for sandwiches with the chicken breasts and thighs from yesterdays chicken soup.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Rolled, Air Fryer Chicken Breast with Alfredo/Bacon Sauce, Honeyed Carrots, Baked & Buttered Russet... and the Salad, of course !

IMG_2102.jpg

Chicken Alfredo & Bacon.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Turkey pot pie with a drop biscuit crust.

Attachments

• 2019-11-12 18.10.06.jpg
    2019-11-12 18.10.06.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 180

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tina made a pot of chili with beans. She found that the Chill o Mix brand original blend, had been flavorless. She added two packets of the seasoning mix, and that was the secret to a tasty chilli.
I like my chilli on the watery side; just a tad. I don't like gluey, pasty, chilli.
The only added thing was grated garlic. Like 2 medium cloves.

I want mine on rice if we have any.....

I made great chicken salad for sandwiches with the chicken breasts and thighs from yesterdays chicken soup.

I also like my chili loose and serve it over brown rice. I add a 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes instead of the 15 oz. called for. I also add the chili packet, extra chili powder, cumin, beans, onion, red & green bell pepper to mine. And I like to top my chili with grated Parmesan Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses not cheddar and sour cream like others do.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made homemade chicken veggie soup served over brown rice topped with Parmesan Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses. I didn't get a picture but here's an old picture.

chicken_soup_041318_IMG_3996.JPG

Embryodad

Had Chilli on top of angel hair.
DD made stew in the instapot cooker.

I ate, but very much like paste. Too dry, but Tina scooped it out onto my plate like feeding me in prison...:WitchBrewsSmiley:

Please don't laugh, but, I first saw this and said ( who the hell took a crap on my spaghetti??

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Mexican tonight. Quesadillas made with chorizo, onions, poblano peppers, garlic and muenster cheese. Corn salad/salsa with lightly charred corn, jalapenos, red bell, red onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and queso fresco. And, of course, guacamole.

Attachments

• 2019-11-13 17.26.02.jpg
    2019-11-13 17.26.02.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 162

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
They had Taco Bell for dinner last night. I had chicken soup instead.

Embryodad

melanzana polpete ( Eggplant and ground beef meatballs ) if I feel up to it!
Just my meatball mix, with added cubed blanched eggplant. Fried or baked, then sauced and in the oven for 40 minutes.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Beer Brats, Onions Sautee'd in Butter and Wine, Cheddar Mac, Green Beans & Corn, Cuke Salad...

Brats & Onions, Cheddar Mac.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
melanzana polpete ( Eggplant and ground beef meatballs ) if I feel up to it!
Just my meatball mix, with added cubed blanched eggplant. Fried or baked, then sauced and in the oven for 40 minutes.

That sounds great, Jimmy!

Photo?

Lee