What's Cooking NTC Sun. 23 Aug. - Sat. 29 Aug. 2015

Embryodad

The burger needed cheese which I forgot.
and no, I could not bite that burger and
deconstructed it, after I took the picture,
and ate it with a knife and fork. My lower
lip is still too tender to be eating like a
trencherman. The sweet corn was on the
stalk yesterday morning and is so good. I
won't be able to eat ears for another two
weeks or so.

IMG_6404.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Still on the mend I see, huh JW?

It rots when you can't just chomp down and eat with your face.

Heal quick. Be careful !

Johnny West

I'm trying. It was a week ago Tuesday I had the surgery and the last two sutures I finally coaxed out with hydrogen peroxide and mouth wash last night. The deepest part of the wounds are still tender and am careful about how I eat and the size of the bites. I'm staying away from anything crisp such as potato chips, hard toast and things with salt. I see the doctor the 8th and right now have no complaints. The TMJ has abated, too. My bottom lip is very numb and looked that up on the net. It can take up to a year for the nerves that were cut to regenerate. When I took physiology at university I was astonished how many and how sensitive the nerves are around the mouth. It's something we don't think about but makes perfect sense.

OK, the steaks are thawed and have everything I need for dinner except for sour cream. The granddaughter will be here any minute so will have to see if she'd like to go shopping after her nap. She's not quite 3 and already loves to shop.

Johnny West

Tonight's meat platter. Missy ate two thirds of one of the kielbasa and there is enough left over for breakfast. The steaks were excellent.

FullSizeRender%202_9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Embryodad

supper was weird.

Had some cod from dry salt cured soaked in water then cooked with peppers and onions.
Rice and black beans. All above we didn't cook. A woman Tina knows from Spain cooked it. Dig the paper plate! :yum:

Then, we had pretzels, Yup!!.... Philly Pretzel Factory soft pretzels. Had dips and hot mustard and beer. * burp * Wife had a coupon for 24 pretzels for ten dollars. Gave some to neighbors ....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
supper was weird.

Had some cod from dry salt cured soaked in water then cooked with peppers and onions.
Rice and black beans. All above we didn't cook. A woman Tina knows from Spain cooked it. Dig the paper plate! :yum:

Then, we had pretzels, Yup!!.... Philly Pretzel Factory soft pretzels. Had dips and hot mustard and beer. * burp * Wife had a coupon for 24 pretzels for ten dollars. Gave some to neighbors ....

Jimmy! the paper plate lol

Hey, I'll take one of those pretzels off your hands.:biggrin:

Nothing exciting here.

I took along a frozen Stouffer's chicken fettucine alfredo for my work dinner for the nuker, then grabbed some broccoli salad from the soup and salad bar over at assisted living.

Saliha

I had cream cheese-squash soup for the lunch. For the dinner I will have my squash lasagna. I´ll bet that at the evening I will have some roasted squash.

:neutral: This starts to sound boring... Hmm... Maybe I should make squash cake or squash pancakes next...

And still I have a lot of squash and zucchinis waiting in the garden. :huh:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Last night we had thin sliced chicken breast dredged in season flour then pan fried in small amount of butter and coconut oil. Lemon chicken pan gravy, Trader Joe's wide flat egg noodles (finally wide egg noodles like the old days!!) and microwave steamed fresh broccoli.

Johnny West

Last night we had a Jewish vegetarian dish of lentils, basmati rice, and herbs topped with pan deep fried onion rings. It was good but could have used some lamb burger.

Embryodad

I had cream cheese-squash soup for the lunch. For the dinner I will have my squash lasagna. I´ll bet that at the evening I will have some roasted squash.

:neutral: This starts to sound boring... Hmm... Maybe I should make squash cake or squash pancakes next...

And still I have a lot of squash and zucchinis waiting in the garden. :huh:
Well, Saliha.... you better start eating if you have more ready for picking soon.
hahahahahaha

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
pizza pizza . . . the last of last years tomatoes.
instead of cooking them down to eliminate all the excess water, I 'drained' them in a sieve - a whole lot more fresh tomato flavor!

smidge extra cheese, but that drew no complaints.

Attachments

• DSC_3896.jpg
    DSC_3896.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 204

Embryodad

pizza pizza . . . the last of last years tomatoes.
instead of cooking them down to eliminate all the excess water, I 'drained' them in a sieve - a whole lot more fresh tomato flavor!

smidge extra cheese, but that drew no complaints.
Looks great...and Btw... you can never smidge enough cheese on my pizza.

Love cheese....

Embryodad

Thank you for your sympathy... :doh:
You are welcome ...LOL

My daughter stopped over on her way to town, and asked if we wanted zucchini from her farm....
I told her no no no thanks. She said they were only going to knife them in the ground anyway. I said to give them away, but she said, nobody wants them. Even the pigs are sick of them. LOL...