What are you doing today?

Saliha

As its sunny day here I made a little walk in the local forest. I picked up some wild nettles for pancakes and soups and took some pictures.

gjmkk4bi7qtx.jpg

Wild nettles.

fnq9x0asw6z6.jpg

The forest is now full of these little white flowers. Wood sorrel; we call it in my language as "fox´s bread".

tbxc5lz5eu9k.jpg

Blueberries have leaves and the first buds.

16aepkja7taj.jpg

Coltsfoot flowers very early at the spring. We love to see its yellow flowers but later the summer its in many places very annoying weed.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
nurse is on his way to take me shoppin'. sooner, than later, if i can get him on his cell while he's not in a meeting, or if he is not w/ another patient.
then, through cleanin' fer now. a night storm put a damper on my cleanin.' i was in my element-- & then arrive those elements that made my 40-something local-pal scream & weep so loudly when she would hear thunder, i was gonna take her a dagnabbin cheesecake w/ adult beverages & a hug. aw.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a rare, very recessive genetic disease called hemochromatosis. It is excessive iron and since most of the bodies iron is in the blood the easiest way to treat it is to remove some.

Toms legs are looking much better. He is a diabetic and has been bleeding fluid from his legs. I'm hoping that next week will be the last treatments.

I have 2 male friends, unrelated to one another, with hemochromatosis. One went through years of treatment (blood removal) and finally his iron levels were at the point where he needed to go very rarely anymore.

The other is still being treated, but is otherwise, fine.

You have your hands full, Leni!

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I spent some time today looking for a rehab place that treats near death by laughter.

according to the news, the Patriots were "hammered" with a 1 million $ fine for deflate gate....

the best info I could find was the Patriots gross revenue last year was $428 million.
a one million dollar fine is 0.002336 of that.

putting that in perspective, imagine you're working 52 weeks a year, 40 hours a week at the New Age minimum $15/hour. 52 * 40 * 15 = $31,200 a year.

so your boss pulls you on the carpet, tells you what a bad worker you've been, how you've ruined the entire department's reputation - and it's gonna' cost you.

then proceeds to "hammer" your wages ala' the NFL and deducts $72.88 from your next pay.

this is why cable consumers need the right to "opt out" of watching 20 dozen professional sports games at one time with picture in picture in picture in picture....

the professional sports teams should be paying the cable companies to air their games.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Went to the cancer center for blood work and a shot to boost my red cells. The expensive pill seems to be knocking the white cells down and the platelets are better. Go back next week to see the doc and order more high priced pills.

Embryodad

Gotta throw the battery in the tractor. ( I keep it in the cellar on the trickle charger in the winter )
Make sure it starts, and then load branches and twigs all over the yard, and drive and dump it in the back wooded area....
You should see me with my extendo grabber stick that I got at Dr. Leonard's catalog.
That way, I don't have to bend. LOL....
I am so good with that, I could thread a needle. ( only if I could see the needle)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Went to the cancer center for blood work and a shot to boost my red cells. The expensive pill seems to be knocking the white cells down and the platelets are better. Go back next week to see the doc and order more high priced pills.

Sounds like things are looking up for you :clap:

I got four new tops last Saturday, all sleveless. Today is the first day that I've been able to wear any of them due to the bout of poison ivy. It's finally about 99% gone, and my arms look human again :bounce:.

I've got a lot of yard work to do, but it has rained every day this week.

Embryodad

Had some violent storms / rain here lately, so today, I figured I would Test the emergency generator in case of a power loss.
Well..... sadly, I opened the fuel valve, and fuel was leaking all over the place.
Had to take off and clean the carburator. It was all gunked up from that stupid Ethanol that they add to the gasoline. It is very harmful to small engines. It eats aluminum and it creates moisture in the fuel. Bad Bad stuff.

Anyway, I had to set pillows in plastic bags so I could kneel. My knees and legs are so sore and filled with fluid. I guess dad was right when he said, Kneel on a carpet son.

hahahahaha..... anyway, all fixed, and running like a champ. Thanks be to God!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Wish I had a generator! I'd probably be afraid to hook it up if the power went out though :blush:.

Latest project - stripping wallpaper :pat: - I did all the lower and hired someone to do the upper. It's all painted now, but I'm still getting it back together.

Yay.jpg

Some yard stuff:

Painted the shepherd's hooks and baskets, new coco liners, impatiens once again :)

2015%20impatiens.jpg

2015imps.jpg

2015imp.jpg

More periwinkles/vinca this year:

2015%20vinca.jpg

And another ornamental sweet potato vine:

ornamental%20sweet%20potato%202015.jpg

On sale - 1/2 price - couldn't pass this up - Caladiums:

2015%20caladium.jpg

I also re-worked two flower beds and put in some ground cover. I'll take a pic of them later when the ground cover has filled in a little better.

Embryodad

My My .... I'm gettin tired just thinking of all the work you put into those plants.

And the wallpaper! ...ho ho ho ho ho.... NOT even wanna think about ripping it off!!!!
I would rather clean 12 toilets, before I would wallpaper, or tear it off. Grrrrrrr

Our bathroom is due for a re-do!

Embryodad

Day after the 4th of July.....
We are hanging low.... I am still trying to digest all the food I ate yesterday.
I have a belly ache, and all I am doing today, is taking out the garbage, and cleaning the kitty's poopy box. That's it!............

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
pre-requisite-- takes 4 hours to bleach, dry, tint, & style. i'm sleepy tonight, so i'll figure 4-9 fer me....... tresses take their plethora of time-- women shave half their head now. hm.......

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
tinting my tresses while drunk.
:huh:

Anyhow............

I enjoyed the lovely weather today, as tomorrow we'll see a return of rain and storms here in Ohio.
Went for a long walk down the back country road to the creek, wishing I could have taken Gretchen along , but she's too old for vigorous walkies as she once loved.

Reheated the leftover chops for dinner, talked to my kin, made a trip to the library and grocery store- then napped and cleaned.

A friend and I will be spending Wednesday in Celina, shopping for new nursing scrubs and eating at Bella's on Grand Lake.

Good relaxation time for me. Very much appreciated.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my nurse was here, so as to take me to grocery shop. now to a bar w/ me. once i get pretty enough. dagnabbin lip-tint. takes an hour to put that on.
& i so i rock @ tinting my tresses. look @ old pix-- drunk in most of 'em. i can hold myself together when i over-imbibe.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I am still sooo loving Netflix. It's a little persnickety at times, but I can overlook that for the joy of having no commercials.

I've mostly been watching some of the 2013/2014 series. I almost cried when I came to the end of the episodes of Heartland. There are more out there, but Netflix doesn't have them yet. That has been my favorite so far.

I'm now into Doc Martin. He's this goofy looking British?? doctor with huge ears and funny looking lips. He's a genius but has absolutely no people skills. If you're looking for some laughs mixed in with some serious moments, you might like Doc Martin.

That looks like a great place to eat, Sass. I love to eat outside.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
television noise muted, meowers have gotten their food, & so i may actually get a daze snooze! doubtfully. although whom is to say, huh~

change that snooze thing-- nurses may or may not be due. hm.

later-- clean, then make dinner via my pantry. i'll look to locate a local that sells bread on my block; so as to to dip into pasta sauce if i can. & if not, i went shoppin' a few ago, so there is enough in my pantry & fridge.

may make my chix tenderloins in a batter if company arrives. (change my mind often,) & a form of potato. dipping sauces &/or a gravy.

& a veggie. there're so many in my freezer that i cannot keep count. we ought find 1 or 2.

then he shall swear to wash my dishes. i'll glimpse over them & raise a brow, & glare @ him; & he shall proceed to re-wash them. NQA, as he already knows

end of that night, say, 'luv u, baby' & he says, 'i luv you.'

Embryodad

Cleaned the kittyz.... 3 of them now, poopy boxes. Sweet! Not for long though!

Then, the mommy car acted up, and I had to install a new battery. Got 4.5 years out of the old one. They don't make 'em to last any longer anymore.

Then set the garbage out near the curb for tomorrow pick up.

Oh!... And I got a Haircut today too! A Crew cut. Mommy cut it with the electric shears out on the porch.
Feels so cool now.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Woke up to a very foggy morning here in Ohio.
Looks like it's going to be another hot one..:hammer:

I shall be going to Mass in a little while- then my usual stop at the diner after to meet the brunch crowd (blueberry pancakes and bacon methinks).

This evening I'll be making macaroni salad and deviled eggs to take to the Labor Day bbq tomorrow.

That's a wrap!

:bbq3:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good to see you, Paymaster! Hope you can stick around for awhile!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Good to see you, Paymaster! Hope you can stick around for awhile!

Lee

What she said.

Well, turns out I had a Monte Cristo with an iced coffee for brunch.
I stopped at the store and bought eggs and more eggs lol

Saliha

What she said.

Well, turns out I had a Monte Cristo with an iced coffee for brunch.

Is a Monte Cristo some kind of sandwich?

When I read your post, my the first idea was: "ok a book The Count of Monte Cristo (by Alex. Dumas) with an iced coffee for brunch..."

Ok it must to be something to eat, not a book... I guess.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Is a Monte Cristo some kind of sandwich?

When I read your post, my the first idea was: "ok a book The Count of Monte Cristo (by Alex. Dumas) with an iced coffee for brunch..."

Ok it must to be something to eat, not a book... I guess.

:smile:

There are variations, but it's a grilled sandwich in which the bread has been dipped in a batter, mine was made with slices of ham and turkey and havarti cheese.
It's then sprinkled with confectioner's sugar and served with preserves.
Mine was blackberry.

Johnny West

It was a busy day and got a lot done before heading to SeaTac. I had dinner at Anthony's and now have several hours to kill till the red eye to Boston.

This morning I had the MRI evaluated and have a meniscus tear, will not get surgery, and live with it.

Have a good evening. BBJW