What is Your Weather?

Embryodad

:snow: YAY!!!

Snowing lightly but no sticking. Down to the low 30º's overnight!

Tina and I are doing a Happy Dance. And to think, last week we had the A/C on because it was 73º out! LOL

Time to figure out what to make for supper.. :fridge:

Guts

Cool day here in El Cajon California/San Diego/we had some snow in the local mountains, which is fairly rare for this late in the season.

San Diego where you can go surfing in the morning drive to the mountains approximately 2 hours and throw snowballs. In another 2.5 hours you can be in the desert riding ATVs on the sand dunes in the sun. What a wonderful place to live.

You guys living East watch out the storm is a cold one.

Last edited:

Embryodad

Cool day here in El Cajon California/San Diego/we had some snow in the local mountains, which is fairly rare for this late in the season.

San Diego where you can go surfing in the morning drive to the mountains approximately 2 hours and throw snowballs. In another 2.5 hours you can be in the desert riding ATVs on the sand dunes in the sun. What a wonderful place to live.

You guys living East watch out the storm is a cold one.
Sounds spectacular Guts.

If I was there, I would be in the snow for sure.

Cold coming this way? I'm gonna check it out. Send all the cold ya got!

Leni

Vinn Scully once commented that you could go to the beach, the mountains, and the desert all in one day. That evening you could attend a Dodger game.

Guts

Picture of our local mountains/Highest elevation approximately just under 6000 feet

Attachments

• local mountains San Diego.jpg
    local mountains San Diego.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 107

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
You have snow and we are so hot it feels like mid July. Wife said it was 93 in Corning when she was out and moving yesterday. Going to stay hot with some showers all weekend. We need rain badly as brush fires are breaking out all over.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sunny and warm here!

Temps near 80 (75 degrees). Gentle winds out of the west. Summer has arrived early this year for a very pleasant change of pace!!

Nice day for a cookout!! :bbq:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I woke up last night around midnight to severe lightning and thunder. I thought the lightning was going to come through the window and strike me dead :eek:. All is normal now.

Embryodad

I woke up last night around midnight to severe lightning and thunder. I thought the lightning was going to come through the window and strike me dead :eek:. All is normal now.
Wow!.... Cooksie, you're right. There have been tornados and heavy rains there in TX.
Tina has cousins in TX. One is in Richardson. I wonder if that area was hit?

God help those poor people!

chilefarmer

East Texas, rain last night 5.2", for cast for tonight more rain. Weather dude says up to 10",watch for flooding (no kidding). I should of planted rice this year. Garden not doing real well. CF

Embryodad

Hot here. 78º out, but overcast all day.
A/C is on in the kitchen and Dining room. Feels great in here.
Supposed to cool down Wednesday to a high of 61º.

Leni

A little on the warm side here but it's supposed to cool off starting tomorrow. They are even talking about more rain. Weird. Normally our last rain is in March.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
varies--some daze, gorgeous & pleasant. others, storms. we get humid weather, or blinding sun, can be far too warm, not warm enough fer others....... it's normal, to me.

currently, very mild, great breeze, if there is one, usually sun, & rain here & there.

Leni

Cool and overcast today. Same for tomorrow but rain starting Thursday and Friday. Maybe even snow in the mountains.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Wow!.... Cooksie, you're right. There have been tornados and heavy rains there in TX.
Tina has cousins in TX. One is in Richardson. I wonder if that area was hit?

God help those poor people!

I didn't read anything about Richardson. I think it was more east of there. Van, tiny little town east of Dallas, got slammed.

LADawg

I didn't read anything about Richardson. I think it was more east of there. Van, tiny little town east of Dallas, got slammed.
Richardson is part of the Dallas area. Van is about half way between Dallas and Shreveport just off I-20.

Down here in Lower Alabama things age nice. No rain for about 8 or 9 days (beginning to need a nice shower) with lots, and lots of sun. Highs most days in the mid 80's with overnight lows in the low 60's.
Since there is lots of sun there are a lot of folks on the sugar white sand beaches of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. With summer coming on and school letting out there will be thousands more in just a few weeks. All of the "Snowbirds" have gone back up north, but the Southern folks will be showing up for the summer............

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We are experiencing a rather nice cool spell after a week of stifling heat and some pretty strong storms.

Embryodad

Only 64º now at 2:30 PM.
This morning the house chilled down enough that I had to turn on the heat to 78º in the living room. Tina's Uncle sits there watching TV. Today as usually every day, he has his Ball Cap and wool shirt jack on. 91 y/o has a lot to do with it I guess?
It's gloomy and damp out today. Love it! Cannot stand the heat! LOL

Leni

We're getting June gloom in July but with a twist. It is overcast in the morning just like June but hot and humid in the afternoon like it is in August.

Embryodad

It was cold 50's this morning earlier, but 70 now with blue sky's and breezy.
Warmer tomorrow and for the weekend...H O T !!!....