• salt and pepper​
  • 1/2 stick of butter​
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped​
  • 1 cup celery, chopped​
  • 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup​
  • 1 can Ro-tel​
  • 5 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed​
  • 1/2 lb spaghetti​
Place the chicken in a large pot. Add enought water to just barely cover the chicken. Add the celery stalk pieces, and salt/pepper to taste. Simmer this over a very low heat until the chicken is fully cooked.

Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onions and celery and saute over medium heat until both are tender. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the two cans of soup and the Ro-tel. Mix thoroughly and heat until blended. Add the Velveeta and continue to cook over low heat until melted.

Remove the chicken from the pot (saving the broth), de-bone, and set aside. Add the spaghetti to the broth and cook until al dente.

Place the spaghetti in a 13 x 9 greased casserole dish or two smaller casserole dishes. Spread the chicken evenly over the spaghetti. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the soup/ro-tel/cheese mixture evenly over the chicken/spaghetti. Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of the chicken broth over the casserole. Cook in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.

3600300453_847c24076c.jpg

Newnork1978

Cooksie - I have a vegetarian friend who asked for this recipe (based off the pics I took & posted online)...she said she'll replace the chicken with "fake chicken", but that she expects the meal to be a winner in her house. Just thought I'd let you know the recipe is traveling and is well received. :wink::chef:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I don't know how I missed this back when it was first posted, but this looks and sounds incredible!! Definitely on the short list now!! Thank you!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, this looks GREAT. I love about anything with pasta. I missed this first time around.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ro-tel is normally in the canned vegetable aisle of your local grocery store. Good stuff. We have it mixed with Velveta cheese for a killer dip. I think the recipe is right on the can.

Meme4251

Cooksie, yesterday, I tried posting several times and was kicked off by my links internet going down on me but just wanted to tell you my kid's were still talking how good it was yesterday when they were here last night. I had a small container left over to take to my mom that is not doing well in the nursing home we recently had to put her in. Know she will really enjoy her lunch today....I have been going thru more or less the same situation that Terry has just been thru w/her mom. I've been trying to make the trip to Victoria every other day to spend time w/her and help out as much as I can. Only thing, she wants to go back home and my sisters and I have decided that is not really much of an option at this point. Really sad and extremely stressful on the family as a whole but doing the best to make her as happy and comfortable as possible as her time does not look good. Sorry I got off track in this thread but sort of had to get it off my chest. You all here have a great week! sh/Meme

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cooksie, yesterday, I tried posting several times and was kicked off by my links internet going down on me but just wanted to tell you my kid's were still talking how good it was yesterday when they were here last night. I had a small container left over to take to my mom that is not doing well in the nursing home we recently had to put her in. Know she will really enjoy her lunch today....I have been going thru more or less the same situation that Terry has just been thru w/her mom. I've been trying to make the trip to Victoria every other day to spend time w/her and help out as much as I can. Only thing, she wants to go back home and my sisters and I have decided that is not really much of an option at this point. Really sad and extremely stressful on the family as a whole but doing the best to make her as happy and comfortable as possible as her time does not look good. Sorry I got off track in this thread but sort of had to get it off my chest. You all here have a great week! sh/Meme

I'm so sorry about your mom. I hope her health improves. It is very hard when mom/dad keeps asking to go home, and there's nothing that you can do about it :sad:. Maybe she'll settle into the routine before long.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie (or anybody) -

I've tried cooking with Ro-tel maybe 3 or 4 times, and have been sorry. It's too spicy-hot for me! I'm always scratching my head that so many people like it. Does Ro-tel just come in one level of heat, or is there a "mild"?

I do like a little kick and some heat in some dishes, though, and have all kinds of chile blends and spices.

This dish seems really popular (as so many Velveeta recipes are!) so I'd like to try it using diced tomatoes and maybe one minced jalapeno.

Lee

Johnny West

Cooksie - I have a vegetarian friend who asked for this recipe (based off the pics I took & posted online)...she said she'll replace the chicken with "fake chicken", but that she expects the meal to be a winner in her house. Just thought I'd let you know the recipe is traveling and is well received. :wink::chef:

I'll have to give this a try. We do a red sauce spag hot dish with Morningstar crumbles. The Morningstar "chicken" strips would be perfect for this.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cooksie (or anybody) -

I've tried cooking with Ro-tel maybe 3 or 4 times, and have been sorry. It's too spicy-hot for me! I'm always scratching my head that so many people like it. Does Ro-tel just come in one level of heat, or is there a "mild"?

I do like a little kick and some heat in some dishes, though, and have all kinds of chile blends and spices.

This dish seems really popular (as so many Velveeta recipes are!) so I'd like to try it using diced tomatoes and maybe one minced jalapeno.

Lee

Ro-tel is wildly popular around here. It comes in Original, Mild, and Hot. I use either the Original or Mild. I'm a sissy too when it comes to hot and spicy, so I think you should try the mild and then maybe move to the Original if you want a little more heat.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ro-tel is wildly popular around here. It comes in Original, Mild, and Hot.

Ah-HA! Well, I believe therein lies my problem! I thought there was only one, so never took note of the heat level on the label.

Thank you, Cooksie! I'll look for Mild.

Lee

Johnny West

I saved this and will have to look at the recipes for cinco de mayo.

http://www.ro-tel.com

I talked to Peter about making the dish but will have to find a substitute for the cream of chicken soup. I imagine I could use and bottled Alfredo sauce.