Jimmy Seas and Back Door Donuts, Martha's Vineyard

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Back from a wonderful week's vacation on Martha's Vineyard with 3 friends. Although the weather wasn't great, we managed to go to the beach three days, visited the entire island, had some excellent food, and a whole lot of fun.

The house that we rented was lovely, and right across from the ocean. Cool sea breezes and the sound of the ocean lulled me to sleep each night.

We had spectacular homemade fettucini carbonara, served in a pan, at Jimmy Seas in Oak Bluffs. And directly across the street from Jimmy's is the famous Back Door Donut bakery, where before 7 p.m., a line forms with people waiting for their enormous, warm apple fritters and donuts. Took me four days to finish a fritter. One of my friends got a bacon maple donut which was better than it sounds.

Lee

Attachments

• MV 2 out front door.JPG
    MV 2 out front door.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 8
  • MV 11 Lee in mirror.JPG
    MV 11 Lee in mirror.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 8
  • MV 19 Jimmy Seas pasta 1.JPG
    MV 19 Jimmy Seas pasta 1.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 8
  • MV 22 Back Door donuts line.JPG
    MV 22 Back Door donuts line.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 8
  • MV 23 Back Door donuts and fritters.JPG
    MV 23 Back Door donuts and fritters.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 8

Johnny West

We went to Back Door Donuts last trip to MV - folks have no idea how good those apple fritters and maple bars are.

I'm not sure about Jimmy Seas - we did go to the pizza place in Oak Bluffs and think it was the last night it was open before they closed for the winter. I know it was great pizza.

Smoke and Bones, the BBQ place closed it's doors last year.